2021 weight loss and nutrition thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I literally just ordered the same type of bottle, should be here today. Trying to force myself to drink more water - I'm pretty sure by 11am my body will think I'm trying to kill it. LOL.

I am so bad at drinking water too. Having the times on the bottle has actually been really helpful because I am challenging myself to hit those times.

I just bought a tub of Iso XP New Zealand Whey vanilla because I am tired of the Vega Sport, and this stuff is awesome. Sweetened with Stevia, but you don't get that after taste that you normally do with stevia. 25gr protein and 110 calories for one scoop.

I can't do Stevia because it just tastes so bad to me.
I do a few plant based and whey proteins though that are no sugar that taste great.

It feels like a lot of water. If fully filled it's 75 oz, but filling it to the top line is 64. I am about to drink some more and then I am good until 3pm (it's 1:20pm my time now).
Drinking a lot of water when you aren't used to it is hard at first but you will get used to it. I have a 32oz cup I keep at work and I usually drink 3-4 of them a day, but they also have ice in them, so not the full 32 oz each time, but downside is having to run to the restroom every 30 minutes!:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Drinking a lot of water when you aren't used to it is hard at first but you will get used to it. I have a 32oz cup I keep at work and I usually drink 3-4 of them a day, but they also have ice in them, so not the full 32 oz each time, but downside is having to run to the restroom every 30 minutes!:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

I was going to post that it's a good thing I have a bathroom in my office because I am peeing every hour on the hour, but I wasn't sure if that was TMI haha.

Liquid consumption has always been a problem for me. Even when I was in incredible shape, working out twice a day, etc, I still didn't drink enough.

I was going to post that it's a good thing I have a bathroom in my office because I am peeing every hour on the hour, but I wasn't sure if that was TMI haha.

Liquid consumption has always been a problem for me. Even when I was in incredible shape, working out twice a day, etc, I still didn't drink enough.
I kind have the same issue - I talked to my trainer and he said to add a little salt to the water for retention.
I actually went back to the Phenoh Replenish because it has Himalayan Pink Salt in it.
It seems to make a difference.

Same here. We have bottled water in our offices, and I drink at least 32oz every day at work. I also use a 20oz cup at home that I fill two or three times through the evening with the filtered water from the fridge door.

It does get easier once you get into the routine. Just keep a bathroom handy.

You'll urinate more when you're losing fat, too. One byproduct of burning fat for energy is water.

I restarted my diet Sunday afternoon. No discernible results yet, which is no surprise. Such is the price for nine months of sloth and astonishingly poor nutritional habits. Lean body mass down, fat up, metabolism down.

You'll urinate more when you're losing fat, too. One byproduct of burning fat for energy is water.

I restarted my diet Sunday afternoon. No discernible results yet, which is no surprise. Such is the price for nine months of sloth and astonishingly poor nutritional habits. Lean body mass down, fat up, metabolism down.
You got this!

It's hard for me to drink as much water as I need but Mio and Crystal Light make it easier.

You got this!
Oh, I know. It's just that, now at seventy years of age, things don't wind up nearly as fast as they once did. I expect that, after a week or two, the metabolism will start to ramp up and I'll see the fat start to come off.

It's hard for me to drink as much water as I need but Mio and Crystal Light make it easier.
I think I get enough water. I slug a large glass down first thing in the morning, followed by a mug of coffee, then have a water bottle nearby the rest of the day. Of course I have a water bottle with me when I work out.

I've been drinking primarily water for ever since I first started working out regularly, sixteen years ago.

Took me longer than I planned to get into a healthier diet mode. Limit carbs, cut out processed sugar, lots of greens, smaller portions, no snacking, moderate caffeine, ... One week in, and that’s usually the key for me. Once I get started I tend to stick to it. I want to drop 10 lbs, but more importantly I want to feel better. Many of the foods I crave are not good for me. I am additionally ramping up my workouts and stretching/yoga.

Took me longer than I planned to get into a healthier diet mode.
Yeah, me too :( I'd actually kinda sorta started between last Thanksgiving and Christmas. Then I fell back off the wagon all the way through February
shake.gif

But I'm now at the end of Week 1. The worst I've done is portion sizes more than I need once or twice and that's about it. As I get more into it, even that will cease.

Also, since I failed at Alcohol-Free January, I followed it up with Alcohol-Free February. Didn't touch a drop all month. And, since my diet prohibits alcohol Sunday evening through Friday afternoon, I've actually gone 32 days. Probably won't even have a beer with dinner tonight, either, because my wife is making breakfast for dinner.

I think I'm going to bump the interval fasting up to at least twice-a-week, too.

244 even. I had hoped to get 2+ pounds off this week but I'll take 1.2 after supper last night. It was a real blowout of short rib, mashed potatoes, etc. And a chocolate pot de creme for dessert.

Onward and downward!

Holding steady at 200 this week. Kind of irritated by that so decided to purchase some supplements this afternoon. Hopefully that'll kick start my body into actually dropping some weight instead of plateauing like I have been.

Staying on track, like dropping about 1 lb a week now since I started Dec 11th. I also quit the Diet Coke cold turkey then, what is about eliminating that helps to lose weight?

48FDAA21-37D5-4BC3-8178-0250175E0251.png

Wow.

My normal fat loss regimen includes at least one interval fasting day a week: Sunday evening into midday Monday. A minimum of eighteen hours. But today it just so happened my wife and I had an appointment at about noon. We ended-up not getting back home until 3 o'clock. Thought "Ok, at this point I might as well wait for dinner." So it's going to end up a 24-hour fast.

I must be burning fat, because I'm generating water like there's no tomorrow
lol.gif

I am more than a little hungry, though ;)

I don't remember which day I got the water bottle, but I have not missed a day since getting it where I haven't finished it, and I am already way ahead of schedule for today.

I also just finished a workout that was heavy on the upper body/shoulders and even typing this right now is hard...washing my hair tonight, and just moving tomorrow should be fun. :ROFLMAO:

I don't remember which day I got the water bottle, but I have not missed a day since getting it where I haven't finished it, and I am already way ahead of schedule for today.

I also just finished a workout that was heavy on the upper body/shoulders and even typing this right now is hard...washing my hair tonight, and just moving tomorrow should be fun. :ROFLMAO:

Rock on!

Staying on track, like dropping about 1 lb a week now since I started Dec 11th. I also quit the Diet Coke cold turkey then, what is about eliminating that helps to lose weight?

View attachment 8996945
I always wondered about this too. At first I figured it’s because when I’m drinking Diet Coke, I inevitably end up eating a bunch of junk food too.

But reading up on recent research, it appears the artificial sweeteners act almost like a toxin to your metabolism (and I think they really damage your healthy gut microbes).

Better to avoid them altogether

I’m just about two weeks in on my eating changes. I’ve drop a few pounds and have started to see some positives from excluding certain foods. Now the bad news. This morning I am going to one of the better bakeries anywhere (seriously) to get sweet treats for guys working in my house and my golf “coach”. I am so screwed. I have no powers to resist this level of food awesomeness. One step forward, 57 back. 🤪

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back