Tour Event 2021 WGC Workday Championship at the Concession

he didn’t finish much better either. If his finger or whatever injury excuse he used to WD was that bad, then he should not have played to begin with.

this looks like a soft pro got his ego hurt bc of a bad round and decided to take his ball and go home.
I dunno, this is one that I can see both sides of the coin. On one hand it's a no-cut event and he's getting paid no matter what, so why not give them their money's worth and keep playing? On the other hand, there ain't no way he's going to recover from that score and make the cut, so if he is actually nursing some kind of injury, why play with it when you know you're not going to make the cut and you're probably going to shoot just as bad tomorrow? Not a great situation either way, but it's hard for me to say one is worse than the other.

Wolff withdraw gives golf twitter something to rabble about.

Tough round for him today.

must have been crazy frustrated to give up a guaranteed paycheck world ranking and fedex cup points..

must have been crazy frustrated to give up a guaranteed paycheck world ranking and fedex cup points..
He'll still get $32,000 for last place. He probably wouldn't have picked up many FedEx Cup points or OWGR help for placing DFL.

He'll still get $32,000 for last place. He probably wouldn't have picked up many FedEx Cup points or OWGR help for placing DFL.

no pay for a wd..you have to play all the rounds.

Course looks very cool. Only turned the tv on a bit ago. But has a cool vibe to it.

Check out the video posted above. Post #22. You’ve been dead on your analysis of everything so far. The local caddie hits on everything you’ve mentioned and it’s a pretty good watch to get a fee for the course headed into the weekend. Hope you’re well brother.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If he was injured beforehand, he has taken he spot of someone else.

Now he has dropped out, his playing partners are a two ball behind a group of threes, so they have a long slow round today.

Either way, he is coming out of this as a jerk.

How does Webb Simpson seem to get so overlooked? All dude does is hang around the top of leaderboards week after week. OWGR #9 right now, yet he’s rarely the topic of discussion.

Webb is an ATM.

If he was injured beforehand, he has taken he spot of someone else.

Now he has dropped out, his playing partners are a two ball behind a group of threes, so they have a long slow round today.

Either way, he is coming out of this as a jerk.
I don't think it's crazy for a guy to attempt to play on an injury - We saw it as recently as last week with McCumber (and he did quite well until late in the tourney).

Obviously the speculation is fair as it's not his first time, but if he's genuinely hurt, I get at least trying.

I dunno, this is one that I can see both sides of the coin. On one hand it's a no-cut event and he's getting paid no matter what, so why not give them their money's worth and keep playing? On the other hand, there ain't no way he's going to recover from that score and make the cut, so if he is actually nursing some kind of injury, why play with it when you know you're not going to make the cut and you're probably going to shoot just as bad tomorrow? Not a great situation either way, but it's hard for me to say one is worse than the other.

This is my issue, It's a no cut event. If he was hurt or feeling not 100% where more golf could make it worse, bail and give another guy a chance at a guaranteed paycheck. I feel like this is a little selfish of him and the optics don't look good after shooting an 83.

if i shoot an 83 there, i am thinking i gotta chance to win it all...perspective :LOL::LOL::LOL:

There is no cut. Why are you saying he can't recover and make the cut?

I don't think it's crazy for a guy to attempt to play on an injury - We saw it as recently as last week with McCumber (and he did quite well until late in the tourney).

Obviously the speculation is fair as it's not his first time, but if he's genuinely hurt, I get at least trying.

Anyone remember the Rory toothache WD?? Then later apology saying it was made up? Because there was a picture of him chomping down a sandwich. If I remember correctly this was right in the middle of the Wozniaki engagement end..

1614353033963.png

I think this course I think will beat you up if you are not straight of the tee. It is nice to see that a bit. The fairways seem really wide. They are just lined by a lot of water..
Bryson's just too used to being able to dig 'em out of the rough and that's hurting him?

Bryson starts the day by flying the green from a perfect lie in the fairway.

I do love the sound of Bryson hitting irons..

Hovland is 🔥 to start the round!

Wolff still collects a last place paycheck since he hit at least one shot in his round. If he WDed before the round that would be a different story. There's also no cut and less than half the number of people from a regular event so the day will go must faster in terms of pace of play.
For those saying he should've WD-ed before the round and let other people make a paycheck, well here's the list of alternates: some of those guys are in the field at the Puerto Rico Open so not sure if they would've been able to make it and most of those guys have made millions already so it's not life changing money for any of them or most people in this field.

1. Si Woo Kim
  2. Matt Wallace
  3. Kevin Streelman
  4. Russell Henley
  5. Ian Poulter
  6. Corey Conners
  7. Jordan Spieth
  8. Adam Long
  9. Rickie Fowler
  10. J.T. Poston

Bryson likely not playing the weekend after yesterday, but a few birdies here to give him some solace

Hoveland is straight up throwing darts

Nice shot for Hideki! On fire today....

Finau looks so good. You have to think the recent struggles have made him even tougher mentally. He's looking very sharp this week

Bryson likely not playing the weekend after yesterday, but a few birdies here to give him some solace
No cut this weekend!

Hovland! 5 straight birdies...wow :oops:

Sergio had a swing and a miss in the bush and his wife's closet this morning.

Last edited:
Back