2022 Better You Fitness Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm having thoughts on a getting a stationary bike...no, not a peloton.

I have a treadmill that I use every day as that's my main source of exercise (I work 2 jobs M-F 7am to about 9pm) and am thinking I might be better, cardio wise, using a bike rather than a treadmill.

Thoughts on that? (I know about weight training but there's only so much time in the day that I have)

I have a treadmill that I use every day as that's my main source of exercise (I work 2 jobs M-F 7am to about 9pm) and am thinking I might be better, cardio wise, using a bike rather than a treadmill.

Thoughts on that? (I know about weight training but there's only so much time in the day that I have)

If I have the choice of cardio or weight training, I'm weight training every time. You can find some great 30 minute HIIT classes online too that will get you all the cardio you need in a short amount of time. Just my opinion, but I wouldn't spend the money on another machine, I bought a stationary bike and never use it. But, that is just me.

Exercise had fallen to the wayside for a while, but figured I should do something to get ready for the MC. Four days in of a 21 day workout plan and I am stupid sore. But! Rather be sore now than in Mississippi

Got back to it tonight. Workout done. I did a 30-minute upper body routine, that after the week break, nearly made my arms fall off I went to failure on each set. I hope I'm not too sore to golf tomorrow lol.

After the upper body dumbbell routine, I decided to do 15 minutes on the treadmill at 10 incline and 3 speed. That was super tough too. I can't believe how one week away made my body almost feel like I'm starting over. Won't make that mistake again!

I have stayed away from Energy drinks for a while now, trying to get back to just 1 cup of coffee a day, but I had to drink 1/2 an energy drink today to get through my workout, it was the only way I was going to be able to make it.

With that said, workout complete! A nice full body class with the first half being hypertrophy training and the second half HIIT. It was a fun mix, and a nice change of pace. I'm doing whatever Tempo recommends for the rest of this week (they do it based off what I tell them my goals are), and then I will start a new program on Monday.

I have stayed away from Energy drinks for a while now, trying to get back to just 1 cup of coffee a day, but I had to drink 1/2 an energy drink today to get through my workout, it was the only way I was going to be able to make it.

With that said, workout complete! A nice full body class with the first half being hypertrophy training and the second half HIIT. It was a fun mix, and a nice change of pace. I'm doing whatever Tempo recommends for the rest of this week (they do it based off what I tell them my goals are), and then I will start a new program on Monday.
Staying away from energy drinks is soemthing I've done recently too. When I had the scare with my kidneys and I thought it might be kidney stones, I quit them immediately. It's been just over 8 weeks since I have had an energy drink and I quit soda at that time for the most part as well. I maybe have 1-2 sodas a week now. Before my scare and my scope and all that I was having 1 energy drink a day and probably 2-3 sodas a day. IT HAS MADE A HUGE DIFFERENCE! I'm stuck in the upper 180s (was in the upper 190s), but I am starting to see some definition now and nice to see some returns from working out and cutting those things out.

Neither is better "cardio wise". A Rogue Assault bike is pretty damn awesome. Short and sweet would be tabatas. 8 rounds, 30s total, only 4min and you’re done. Start with 10s sprint, 20s rest. The Rogue bike actually has this preprogrammed as 10/20. After a couple weeks of that, 1-2x week, you can go 15/15. Then 20/10. The sprints should be all out, 100% maximum effort. Your goal is to try not to fall off too hard by round 7-8. You will at first, but as you get more conditioned you’ll be able to maintain the sprints. If you still want to progress beyond that, do a 20/10 tabata, rest a couple minutes, then do a 10/20 tabata. Killer!

Sets of overhead presses for me today.

I only put about 3 hours total together of sleep last night, but I managed to get my workout done this morning. I'm basically running on fumes now though, but resisting the urge for an energy drink.

30 minute biceps, back, and abs routine. Then 10 minutes on 12 incline at 3mph.

I didn't get to do the heavy lift and yoga combo class today, it was too long and I didn't have the time for it, so I picked another leg day class and this one was a doozy.

It was a mixture of plyometrics, isometrics, and super heavy lifting. It was really interesting, and challenging, and I am pretty confident I will feel it tomorrow.

Update: Nerve blocker wore off at about 4:00am this morning. Dull ache of deep bone pain. Probably from where the doc shaved off spurs. Elbow is immobilized but hand works, weak, but works.

It was interesting, my left pinky and ring finger came back first from the block. Those are the fingers controlled by the ulnar nerve, the one I had moved.

Last edited:
30 minutes legs and abs resistance band routine then 12 minutes on 10 incline 3 mph.

Some covid at my in-laws has me working out at the golf club this week.

Did some dumbbell bench presses. Only go up to 50 lb dumbbells. And then a set of deadlifts at 315. Bar has knurling almost as smooth as glass, so even though I was using a hook grip, I had to switch to alternating on the last rep to get it up. Plates were the wonky ones with handles, so that was fun doing warm ups.

All I want and need here is a squat rack and an ok bar and plates!

Some covid at my in-laws has me working out at the golf club this week.

Did some dumbbell bench presses. Only go up to 50 lb dumbbells. And then a set of deadlifts at 315. Bar has knurling almost as smooth as glass, so even though I was using a hook grip, I had to switch to alternating on the last rep to get it up. Plates were the wonky ones with handles, so that was fun doing warm ups.

All I want and need here is a squat rack and an ok bar and plates!
Sounds simple doesn't?

Nor should you!
Oh I did forget to mention I did do some sideway medicine ball tosses. Trying to get a better feeling of a full release. Because you can't throw a medicine ball against a wall with a chicken wing.

Oh I did forget to mention I did do some sideway medicine ball tosses. Trying to get a better feeling of a full release. Because you can't throw a medicine ball against a wall with a chicken wing.
Hard to do slowly

Yoga every day last week - I needed a mental/physical reset after a bunch of work stress had piled up. Looking forward to getting back into the garage this week and throwing some weight around.

Dumbbell Arms and abs 30 minutes routine then 10 min 10 incline 3mph.

Back in the gym tonight. Squats. Light bench presses. Kettlebell RDLs. Heavy static holds. And light dumbbell rows.

Operation No Scar Tissue is underway.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back