2022 Better You Fitness Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
It was fun for awhile, but when I spent 3 hours running a 20 mile training run it was never fun. Now I think back to all the rounds of golf I missed. :ROFLMAO:
3 hours running? Ewww I would have quit after 15 mins LOL
Running for 3 hours isn't hard, it's boring, but not hard. Running 20 miles in 3 hours...that's hard.

Running for 3 hours isn't hard, it's boring, but not hard. Running 20 miles in 3 hours...that's hard.
My knees beg to differ. :(

My knees beg to differ. :(
Oh, don't get me wrong, I am not going to do it. But I could find a pace for three hours, it would probably turn into a slow walk.

I may have missed something, I did skim a few pages, but are there any other Strava and/or Zwift users around here?

Cycling is the only cardio activity I can tolerate, and for where I'm at in life right now the trainer is my best/only option. I'm trying hard to take advantage of it more. I've already exceeded my total miles ridden in 2021, but that only speaks to how little I rode last year.

Three in a row Bowflex bike workouts this week. Still waiting on my trx for my golf workouts, so I have been bike, core, yoga since the New Year. Did an hour iintervals bike ride today first time ever! Everything from my head to my toes are sore haha! Keep grinding!

Three in a row Bowflex bike workouts this week. Still waiting on my trx for my golf workouts, so I have been bike, core, yoga since the New Year. Did an hour iintervals bike ride today first time ever! Everything from my head to my toes are sore haha! Keep grinding!
Yes, keep grinding!

Well, my biceps and back have not been worked out that hard in a long time 😅

Boom. Another day knocked out. Chest and Tri's today, going to do longer cardio and shoulders tomorrow. Settling into a routine quite nicely

I had the same reaction about working chest today!
We'll be okay! Just working to get 1% better each day!
Absolutely! Definitely impressed by your workout! My chest is so sore from yesterday! One day at a time

I've had my best week in a very long time as I've added Peloton workouts every other day to my four days a week of strength training. It will take me another two weeks before the Peloton rides aren't so painful, and I can work my way back up to 30-minute high-intensity rides, lol. With my heart rate averaging 167 during the workout, I'm pretty pooped after 15 minutes.

C5CCF6E7-AA4F-45B8-9B19-1DB6DB0E8204.jpeg

Last edited:
I've had my best week in a very long time as I've added Peloton workouts every other day to my four days a week of strength training. It will take me another two weeks before the Peloton rides aren't so painful, and I can work my way back up to 30-minute high-intensity rides, lol. With my heart rate averaging 167 during the workout, I'm pretty pooped after 15 minutes.

View attachment 9059282
167 :oops: dayumm I don't even try to get above 155

167 :oops: dayumm I don't even try to get above 155

Lol, mine runs higher than many, and it's largely genetic. The formula for max heart rate for men is 214 - age x 0.8 which would put mine at 169 but max HR doesn’t correlate well with fitness, it’s in your genes. If you really want to know your max you have to test for it. Mine is more like 185, and whenever I get above 172-175 I feel a ton of discomfort and have to slow down.

Here's how to test for max HR, FWIW.

Last edited:

I once ran 2 miles in 12:24. But, that was when I was 17!

I just want to do some toning, and gain some additional muscle mass in my quads, and strength in my glutes and hamstrings. I've lost some leg strength, as well as in some other places, over the past couple of years, and I need to get it back.

What particularly gives me encouragement is the earlier commentary about the good feeling following a workout. I've kind of noticed the same thing doing yard work, which basically functions as a workout. I do the neighbor lady's lot as well as mine, because she is on disability and can't do it for herself, and her Son is a useless, lazy lump!

My buddy called me that evening and asked what I'd been up to. I told him that I had worked my ass off that day, and would probably pay for it tomorrow or the next day! The next day I woke up feeling great! As I did the next day! When I talked to my buddy about it he simply said, "It's because you got some exercise!"

Last edited:
Alright guys... I made the decision this morning to still go to the gym when I got off work at 430am even though I played field hockey last night before work...

Here's what I did today:
deadlifts
8 reps @ 75, 85, 95, 105
6 reps @ 115, 125
3 reps @ 135
2 reps @ 145

Dumbbell rows 3x10
Wide grip lat pulldown 3x12
Ezbar curls 3x12, 2x10

I don't do cardio outside of sports... I hate running...
I had field hockey tonight & don't remember the last time I ran!

I'm gonna be really hurting tomorrow!

I understand and feel your pain. I played mens league soccer until last year, and it got to the point it was difficult to walk normal for 2 days after the game. Not fun!

Trying a golf related workout with guidance from trainer. Doing Open books, thoracic foam roller and thoracic rotation quadruped, downward dog and treadmill.

I don't do cardio outside of sports... I hate running...
I had field hockey tonight & don't remember the last time I ran!

I'm gonna be really hurting tomorrow!

I'm with you, running is the worst, I hate it! And my old joints can't handle it anymore. Last time I tried to go for a run outside I was in a knee brace for a week. My cardio now comes from boxing and HIIT classes.

I understand and feel your pain. I played mens league soccer until last year, and it got to the point it was difficult to walk normal for 2 days after the game. Not fun!
Yup! It's totally different from when I played in college. This league doesn't have practices or anything so it's just show up & attempt to play without getting hurt.

You also find a bunch of muscles you forgot about or didn't know existed!

Feeling good right now but I really gotta get some sleep since I've been up all night... So I may be a little stiff when I wake up.

Legs were tough today. I think my lower body is starting to suffer a bit with the 45-minute outdoor run/walk I am doing each day.

I am likely going to have to look into toning some of those days down from a run/walk to more of just a walk to ensure I can still be productive in the gym, as lifting heavy is much more of my focus.

Either way, I am 10 days down, onto Day 11! Almost 15% done. :)

I have my stuff with me to go to the gym after work as usual. However its supposed to be 34 today and little wind which is the warmest its been in weeks. I'm considering going to hit some balls instead of working out. I have no time for both so its one or the other. :unsure:

I have my stuff with me to go to the gym after work as usual. However its supposed to be 34 today and little wind which is the warmest its been in weeks. I'm considering going to hit some balls instead of working out. I have no time for both so its one or the other. :unsure:

Tough decision, but if it were me, I would be hitting balls.

Tough decision, but if it were me, I would be hitting balls.
Yep, you don't get that opportunity too much during the winter, I'd be hitting some too.

Was hopeful to get outside during lunch, since @jdtox said he might get out in Michigan today for a bit. Looked out the window before I grab some coffee and the sun is trying to poke through. Get my coffee, look back up and it's starting to get dark. One min later and it's raining, snowing, and sleeting at the same time. Thanks Ohio.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back