2022 Better You Fitness Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well I got my Flu Shot and Covid Booster last night, and woke up this morning virtually unable to lift either shoulder, which put a bit of a damper on the Chest/Shoulders/Tricep workout I had planned today.

Normally, I would have skipped, but with 75 Hard, that isn't an option.

So I drug myself out of bed, into the 5-degree weather, and did a 45-minute indoor cardio workout and then finished up with some ab work.

I still have to hit an outdoor workout later today, and with the current temperature of 7 degrees it will be tough, but if I have learned anything through the First 18 days of this challenge, I am absolutely up to the task.

I am currently drinking some caffeinated tea to get some energy because I know this cardio boxing workout I am about to do is going to kick my ass. Last weeks was tough, and this week she promised would be harder, so caffeine me please!

I am currently drinking some caffeinated tea to get some energy because I know this cardio boxing workout I am about to do is going to kick my ass. Last weeks was tough, and this week she promised would be harder, so caffeine me please!

And done! I am a sweaty mess right now, she did not lie, but it was a great class too. Although, I think reverse burpees might in fact be more evil then regular burpees, and we had both today. I finished up that workout with a 20 minute core burn. Now it's time for lunch.

Force Production Friday! Safety Bar Squats and block pulls.

Complete upper body today. Good week overall hitting my targets.

Cardio workout done for today. Some snow shoveling and pulling kids in sleds thru a foot of snow. I'm beat.

I’m sure @blugold can relate. I am weak. Prior to Covid I got bored doing push ups. I’d hit 100 and want to know if I wanted to continue.
🤣 at that being an issue now, haha. I banged out 30, stopped for 10 seconds (at high rest, no cheating) and then maxed at 12 more. 42. Wooo. I did 3x that prior. Ugh. So there’s my mark to improve on. I’m weak right now. But Tuesday I will do 43 pushups. By 02/01 I’m going to be back in a cycle even if it kills me. Because it’s killing me to not be in one.

Woo!! Finished up my Fit for Golf 101 today with Phase 3 workout C.

Now on to decide what the next workout plan in this app will be!

I am officially 21 days through the 75 Hard challenge!

That means:

42 Workouts
21 Gallons of Water
21 Days of Clean Eating and No Booze
210+ Pages Read

Comparing my Progress Pics from Day 1 to 21 I can definitely already see some changes. My face is thinning out and losing a bit of that COVID belly. It is definitely motivation to keep pushing through the next 54 days.

Last week was a bit of a mess. Gym closed early on Monday because of the holiday (that we don't get off work at my company) then on Wednesday there was a bomb threat 2 blocks away but they evacauted/shut down everything including the gym.

So Lifted Tue/Thu, did at home yoga on Friday, walked 18 Saturday and lifted again yesterday. A little sore in the pecs today, but going to try and get another yoga in today and keep lift up Tue/Thu before more golf on Saturday.

Hopefully no weird shut downs this week and I can keep my planned schedule going!

Had a nice weekend off to let my body rest and was back at it today with a great full body workout with some heavy weights. I am slowly increasing my weights each week. I can increase my DB Bent over low rows, but then it starts to hurt my back. My form is fine, it's just a lot of weight. I think with a barbell it might be easier, I will test and see.

Set 1 x3
DB Deadlift with band around legs just above knees x10
DB Squat with band around legs just above knees x 8
Goblet Alt. Curtsy Lunge x16 (8 each leg)

Set 2 x3
BW Sumo Squat for a full 45 seconds
Goblet Alt. Lateral Lunge x16 (8 per side)
BW Speed Skater Lungers (but skip and controlled and landing on just 1 leg to work on balance) for 45 seconds

Set 3 x3
Bear Crawl for 45 seconds
DB Bent Over Low Row x8
Deficit Push Up x8

Set 4 x3
DB Neutral Grip Curl to Press x8
DB Kneeling Overhead Tricep Extension

Just hit a PR for 20 min ride on the Peloton. Hoping to be in the best shape of my life by the time The Rivalry rolls around in April!

I am officially 21 days through the 75 Hard challenge!

That means:

42 Workouts
21 Gallons of Water
21 Days of Clean Eating and No Booze
210+ Pages Read

Comparing my Progress Pics from Day 1 to 21 I can definitely already see some changes. My face is thinning out and losing a bit of that COVID belly. It is definitely motivation to keep pushing through the next 54 days.
Good freaking job! Haven’t been on this thread every day but it seems like you’ve had some extra hills to climb these last days. I’m impressed!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back