2022 Better You Fitness Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have been sidelined from the gym now for 3 weeks due to some neck and shoulder injuries and it is killing me that all i have been able to do is bike, walk and jog. Was finally able to golf yesterday and nothing hurts too bad today. May start backing hitting the weights today but don't want to re-aggravate anything so will likely take it slow.

I got my core work out in on Friday, then sweat my butt off working on the boat.
Saturday went to the range.
Sunday to a rest day but got some steps in doing laundry and going to the Phillies game.

Still have to do my workout today
Got mostly through my workout. But then felt like I was gonna puke... Been laying on the floor for 20 minutes recovering.
I want to finish the last circuit still.. but doubt that's gonna happen tonight.

I would say negative.
Definitely get some food in your system.
Two cheeseburgers (no bun), a bag of Tucson frozen broccoli, and 3 propels later I feel pretty good.

It almost killed my dad this afternoon. Told him we’d be taking a cart anytime we play my hill filled home course in 90° muggy weather from now on. Tried to get him to get one at the turn but he’s damn stubborn. So I was pushing 2 carts from #16 in . 🥵

Last edited:
Didn’t sleep great, felt tired and had a real strong urge to skip today… but that would have thrown my next 2+ weeks of workouts out of whack…. So walked the dog, took a 20 minute or so nap and headed to the gym. Was fully expecting to take it a little easy on myself, but as is usually the case, get yourself started and you start rolling.

Went up in weight on all 3 sets of squats, up in reps on my last set of incline bench press and up weight in 3 of the 4 other lifts I did.

Lesson and speed training tomorrow, lifting again Wednesday.

I helped move a hot tub yesterday. It involved removing the side of a screen enclosure and lifting this thing up onto a flat bed about 18in higher than the hot tub. It ended up with my shoulder under the wood frame and picking it up that way. I have no idea how much it weighed once we took off as many wood panels as we could, but couldn’t undo the hoses. It wasn’t light. But damn if we didn’t get it on the flat bed.

Enjoying a much earned rest day after that one.

Glutes, quads, and hamstrings today. Followed by some bench press machine and lat pull down.

I was able to increase my db weight by 5lb for this week.

Used my core challenge workout as the warm up today...
Screenshot_20220809-190920.png

Then got through an upper body workout... My arms are kinda like jello at the moment.

Time for some Theragun recovery as always.

45 minutes of Tabata mixed with heavy resistance pushes on the bike today. So toxic, yet so exhilarating.

Then I mowed. Our yard is one giant, ridiculous hill. I wore a heart rate monitor a few times back and tracked over 600 kCal burned, while my heart rate peaked at 160. I’m guilt free for a couple days now.

Used my core challenge workout as the warm up today...
View attachment 9111262

Then got through an upper body workout... My arms are kinda like jello at the moment.

Time for some Theragun recovery as always.
What kind of cardio are you doing for this core workout? I've been focusing on core and legs lately and this sounds like an interesting challenge.

What kind of cardio are you doing for this core workout? I've been focusing on core and legs lately and this sounds like an interesting challenge.
It is through Claire Thomas.. for the core challenge each week she posts 5 workouts 3 core, and 2 HIIT along with a habit to focus on & stack each week. (week 1 was drink 100+oz of water/day, week 2 is at least 20g protein each meal)
It is supposed to be added to your regularly schedule workout plan with a focus on creating healthy nutritional habits as well.

Here is her website: https://clairepthomas.com/

85 minute back and core workout. Might feel that one a little tomorrow, we will see. I think I have a tee time Friday. This could be fine or really dumb hahaha

after the week off sidelined with belly issues, back at things today. felt good. still need to push to do more though.

Dumbbell workout completed last night:
Chest Press
Row
Curl
Shoulder Press
Squat
Situps
Planks

Sore this morning.

I've been doing a ton of core work and realize why I have so many back injuries. My core is weak but going to get it right!

Good lift yesterday, despite misplacing my big strap that I use for rotational movements.... going to have to order a new one. Either speed work or yoga today, then lifting again tomorrow.

Warm up
Band resisted lateral jump 2x5per side X60
Overhead med ball slam 2x8x10

RDL 7x205, 7x225, 7x245
Bench press 7x175, 7x185, 7x195

Incline DB Row 7x55, 7x60, 7x60
Overhead tricep ext 7x120, 7x110, 7x120

Burpees are the worst ever. Ended my workout with them and I feel like I’m going to puke! I’m wrecked after this workout.

23 mile bike ride this morning. Nice and coo 78* with a little sprinkles. It's 100* out now, gonna float in the pool.
I need to drop about 15 pounds but struggle with the gym because it's too crowded to get a good HIIT workout in most days.

EAD5DE50-6C62-40D5-9DB0-F296D3464F6F.png
#baddecisions

Love it how the avg HR shows on the watch but not the app. It was all over. I think I died at one point I don’t know

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back