2022 Better You Fitness Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Got my leg workout in between jobs this afternoon.
Didn't have time for my core challenge workout so I did it when I got home from job #2.
It was a good day:
View attachment 9111798

P.s. since it's after midnight now it says yesterday lol
Now that’s commitment! Way to get it in!!

I didn't get to work out yesterday due to time constraints, which may not have been a bad thing because my legs were still a little sore, and my day today is super busy, so I made sure to get my workout done first thing this morning. I am super happy about that! I'm honestly still a a bit sore, so it wasn't anything crazy, but it was still something.

I need to figure out a new program to start next week, I just don't know what yet. And I can't wait for my Dexa scan next Friday. I'm nervous it won't be where I want it to be, but still exciting to get real numbers no matter what.

While it's late enough in the year, I (maybe foolishly) said yes to playing an over 30's indoor soccer league.

I am going to make sure I stretch properly way before starting to not do what i have done in previous attempts at this (strained both groin muscles in the same game)

Thanks to an amazing gift from a friend we spent the afternoon at the spa today and got massages. The massage therapist asked if there was any area she should focus on, I said no, everything is sore haha.

As she starts the massage she said, you aren’t kidding, your muscle fibers are shredded (not saying I’m ripped, saying the actual fibers are shredded causing major tightness).

I felt so good after, so much less tightness and soreness. It was awesome.

Thanks to an amazing gift from a friend we spent the afternoon at the spa today and got massages. The massage therapist asked if there was any area she should focus on, I said no, everything is sore haha.

As she starts the massage she said, you aren’t kidding, your muscle fibers are shredded (not saying I’m ripped, saying the actual fibers are shredded causing major tightness).

That sounds phenomenal.

I'm having an internal battle right now. I'm sitting at work, it's time for my workout and I'm just not feeling it at all. Today is supposed to be legs/core but I played 18 earlier and I'm tired. I also ate some KFC tenders after golf and have garbage energy because of it. Going to give myself 10 minutes and then get it done.

As good as massages feel, I get anxious about what kind of pain they’re gonna find. Because there’s a lot in there, and things like hamstrings, quads, IT bands? Uuuuggghhhhh what if they just didn’t?

That sounds phenomenal.

I'm having an internal battle right now. I'm sitting at work, it's time for my workout and I'm just not feeling it at all. Today is supposed to be legs/core but I played 18 earlier and I'm tired. I also ate some KFC tenders after golf and have garbage energy because of it. Going to give myself 10 minutes and then get it done.
Hey. I golfed today too, and today is shoulder day, or chest and biceps with a buddy. If I’m going to lug my fatass over there, you should too.

And this couch I’m on is really comfortable.. but we gotta do it. Come on, before it gets too late.

That sounds phenomenal.

You’ve got this!

As good as massages feel, I get anxious about what kind of pain they’re gonna find. Because there’s a lot in there, and things like hamstrings, quads, IT bands? Uuuuggghhhhh what if they just didn’t?

She said how much pressure, I said until I scream.

You’ve got this!

She said how much pressure, I said until I scream.
Exactly. Fix the problem, don’t worry about the shrieks and AHHHHHHH’s!

Our house reno project is messing up my routine and it’s making me grumpy. I’m still getting workouts in, but it’s not exactly what I want to do or when I want to do it.

On a positive note, my physical showed my resting HR is 59, compared to 97 in early 2021.

That is the best! I'm way over due for a message. The one I got last summer was pretty darn painful but man did I feel so much better afterwards.

Talked to a sports med Ortho today about the MRI and EMG on my left elbow, that's been a problem for two years.

Yup, I need two procedures. One to move the ulnar nerve, another to physically detach and then reattach my ulnar cruciate ligament and then to repair the lateral flexor tendon.

Fun stuff.

Got my workout in at 11pm. Better late than never right 🤷
I did a 20 minute HIIT workout...
4 Tabatas - 2 exercises in each one (20s per exercise)
5x 40 seconds work, 10 seconds rest.
80 seconds rest between Tabatas.

That is the best! I'm way over due for a message. The one I got last summer was pretty darn painful but man did I feel so much better afterwards.

I feel so much better now too, I highly recommend it.

Talked to a sports med Ortho today about the MRI and EMG on my left elbow, that's been a problem for two years.

Yup, I need two procedures. One to move the ulnar nerve, another to physically detach and then reattach my ulnar cruciate ligament and then to repair the lateral flexor tendon.

Fun stuff.

Damn, I hope you can get fixed up and back to 100% soon!

Got my workout in at 11pm. Better late than never right 🤷
I did a 20 minute HIIT workout...
4 Tabatas - 2 exercises in each one (20s per exercise)
5x 40 seconds work, 10 seconds rest.
80 seconds rest between Tabatas.

First, nice workout! And second, 11pm?? That’s rockstar status right there. I’ve already been in bed for 2 hours lol.

Fun stuff.

You going to do it?

First, nice workout! And second, 11pm?? That’s rockstar status right there. I’ve already been in bed for 2 hours lol.
I'm paying for it today. I'm exhausted but had to be at work on the boat this morning.
That's what I get for not planning my day and I already switched a rest day to Wednesday so I was behind a day in workouts or else I would've pushed it.

I am going to try to squeeze my core challenge workout in today between work & dinner with my family.

Got a run in yesterday and need to find time to follow it up with another today.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back