2022 Better You Fitness Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks I will look into them.
You should, it's hands on coaching so you will have an expert guide you through the process and make sure you get results.

Just ran/walked my 1.5 mile track in 17 min 5 sec. No land speed records were set but it's not bad for this 52 year old fat guy.

You should, it's hands on coaching so you will have an expert guide you through the process and make sure you get results.
Cost will definitely be a factor and why I’ve considered Planet Fitness. I do like the idea of hands on coaching if I can afford it. I feel like I do so much better in structured routines. That’s the reason why all of my workouts are done with YouTube videos or copying what people post here. Otherwise I tend to just aimlessly do things until I’m tired.

This gym is actually just as close (in the other direction) to my job as planet fitness so that’s a plus.

Cost will definitely be a factor and why I’ve considered Planet Fitness. I do like the idea of hands on coaching if I can afford it. I feel like I do so much better in structured routines. That’s the reason why all of my workouts are done with YouTube videos or copying what people post here. Otherwise I tend to just aimlessly do things until I’m tired.

This gym is actually just as close (in the other direction) to my job as planet fitness so that’s a plus.
Take a look. I totally understand the cost issue.

I did a wicked body weight lower body workout today. Think air squats for a full minute, followed by single leg pulsing lunges, single leg deadlifts, and then a fun little finisher of 10 air squats, followed by a 10 second squat hold, then 9 air squats, 9 second squat hold, all the way down to 1. It also included some work with bands. It was a fun change of pace class, and something I needed to get back into the swing of things.

I finished my latest program and joined a new one. I'm planning on 3 days of heavy lifting and 2 days of HIIT. I'm setting a fitness goal for myself and we will see how that goes.

Rolling off 38 straight days - took the distance easy in August, due to the heat. Did my 1st official 10k in Edmund last Friday. Wish I had more time - but keeping up with FIL chemo/radiation treatments, keeps my time limited.
Still fasting 20/4 for 2 days then 18/6 the remaining 5 days.

I would die to focus on golf for a bit......Screenshot_20220906-115500_Samsung Health.jpg

Resistance band Legs and Abs
Then did some bench press, shoulder press, and rows.

This is the last full week of workouts before the victory cup.

It’s amazing to me this all started when I was selected as winner of a golden ticket back in December. I knew I didn’t want to be a fat piece of garbage at an amazing THP experience so I made a plan.

It was tough and some days I just didn’t want to do it at all. Looking back I think the only planned workouts I missed was the week I had Covid. Sticking to the calorie deficit was also tough. Both have paid off big time though. I feel better than I ever have. Ever. Mid 20s Rob has nothing on the guy standing here now. I’m beyond grateful for a lot THP has given me that has changed my life. Love this place.

This isn’t over yet. This is my life now. I’m a health and fitness guy.

Got a great full bod workout in this morning. I was hoping to add a mobility class but ran out of time. I think tomorrow I will do a mobility class and some kickboxing, give the muscles a little rest from the heavy weights.

Walked 18. But the big news is I actually did some Yoga afterwards. I’ve been feeling some tightness in my shoulders and left lower back and have been thinking about doing a flow for the last few days. Finally got it done.

I always enjoy how much more loose and relaxed I feel after yoga. I need to remember this feeling so I make it happen more often.

Anyways, that’s the workout.

My plan yesterday was to do kickboxing and mobility/stretching today, but then I woke up feeling pretty good so I decided I would continue with my next heavy lift. However, I had to get some blood work done this morning and they said not to lift heavy today, so back to kickboxing and mobility I went. Workout is now complete and tomorrow I will go back to heavy.

Made it back to the gym for some good bench press sets. Happy Friday!

I am dragging this morning. I'm basically chugging an energy drink at the moment so I can get my workout done. I had some errands to run thing this morning so I wasn't able to work out first thing like I have been doing and now I just want to take a nap haha.

Ok, disregard the super random bathroom picture, I was trying to send my sister a picture this morning of how curly my hair is and I realized that I am getting a little muscle definition in my back. It's not something I ever see, or think to look at, but I feel like you can see some muscle in this picture.

IMG_3038.jpg

Last edited:
Going on vacation next week. Elbow surgery two days after I get back. No motivation to do much the past two weeks.

I've been planning my work when I get back and have my arm cut up. As odd as it sounds, program planning is one of my favorite things.

I am dragging this morning. I'm basically chugging an energy drink at the moment so I can get my workout done. I had some errands to run thing this morning so I wasn't able to work out first thing like I have been doing and now I just want to take a nap haha.

Ok, disregard the super random bathroom picture, I was trying to send my sister a picture this morning of how curly my hair is and I realized that I am getting a little muscle definition in my back. It's not something I ever see, or think to look at, but I feel like you can see some muscle in this picture.

View attachment 9119053
Definitely looking strong there Morgan!

Going on vacation next week. Elbow surgery two days after I get back. No motivation to do much the past two weeks.

I've been planning my work when I get back and have my arm cut up. As odd as it sounds, program planning is one of my favorite things.

I don’t think that’s odd at all, I love creating workouts. I totally get it.

Good luck with the surgery!!

As many of you know I don’t have access to a lot of gym equipment but I was reading some stuff last night and decided I wanted to try and figure out my 1 rep max bench press.

I only have a machine that adjusts to a bench press position to work with. I loaded it up to 140 and got the 1 rep pretty easily. Upped to 150 a bit more of a struggle but got it. Went to 160 and that’s where I struggled and barely got it done.

Now I imagine it’s a lot easier to do on a machine because it’s balancing it for me, right? Would 150 be a decent representation of what my 1RM would be or is it likely very off from that?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back