2022 Bridgestone Tour B RX vs RSX?

jjfcpa

Reaction score
Handicap
I know what Bridgestone's promotional material says - RX is distance ball, and RXS has tour level spin.

My question is, how much distance do you give up if you go with the RX and how much more spin do you get with the RXS. I know it's difficult to put this into absolute values, but maybe they could specify that the RX is about 3% longer and the 5% less spin than the RSX.

I know what Bridgestone's promotional material says - RX is distance ball, and RXS has tour level spin.

My question is, how much distance do you give up if you go with the RX and how much more spin do you get with the RXS. I know it's difficult to put this into absolute values, but maybe they could specify that the RX is about 3% longer and the 5% less spin than the RSX.
Such an individual thing to put a number on for each type of golfer

I am wondering if I need to switch off the RX... I have been hitting greens but running way too far... seems I can use some more spin... will RXS cause too much spin off driver?

I play both the RX and the RXS. I find that the RX gives me a straighter longer drive on average. The RXS gives me more spin and height on my irons. Both balls are great. I even like the E6 every once in a while. The E6 characteristics are similar to the RX for me with a little less spin around the green. At a 10 handicap all three balls are acceptable for me. If I was a lower HC maybe I would be more discerning.

Such an individual thing to put a number on for each type of golfer
I agree with Hedley. Everyone delivers the club to the ball differently for any general percentages to be meaningful. You might play 9 with each a couple of times to get a handle on what you like best.

All I know is that the RX found more fairways for me and the RXS spun up so I missed more than my average greens short. But that was for me, your mileage may vary.

I agree with Hedley. Everyone delivers the club to the ball differently for any general percentages to be meaningful. You might play 9 with each a couple of times to get a handle on what you like best.
I agree with this. The better question may be how much difference did you see and how quickly did you see it. I was able to see the difference pretty quickly when I played with those balls.

Back