2022 Callaway Chrome Soft Golf Balls

i'm no tour pro, but i too was hoping they wouldn't make any changes to the csx. it's just so freaking good. but i guess i can get on board with these changes: same spin, better flight in the wind, and almost 1mph faster?! yeah, that's awesome. curious if they made any improvements in durability. that's been a big issue for some people. the yellow has been fantastically durable for me.

I love hearing that they added some green side spin to the LS model. I really enjoyed that ball but that was my biggest hold up. Keeping the same wind fighting power plus added green side spin might make this the perfect ball for me as long as it spins enough on the irons for my game.

I'll definitely give that and the CSX a try. It's pretty impressive they were able to squeak out some extra performance because it was already a very good ball.

I was told almost 5 months ago that production of current (at the time) Chrome soft balls was stopped and they were completely committed to the new ball. I thought that given the climate of scarce resources and logistical backlogs that was brilliant forward thinking. They do not want to botch this release. They have had issues with multiple release in the past and they wanted to get this one right. I hope they have. It appears to be so.

I am going to pick a ball this year and stick to it 100%. The chrome soft is on a short list to be that ball.

Great info! I’ve been gaming CSX LS and loving them. The update to add some greenside control and likely a softer “feel” is a huge upgrade to a ball I already loved.

Can’t wait to hear GD crew feedback.

I think you would like these a lot.

I’m down to my last sleeve but they have been great

The big change for me on these so far has been with the CSX LS. When I first hit it, having very little information, I kept saying it felt like more than one thing had changed. The cover was/is obviously different

View attachment 9057148

and always a big thing in terms of feel. (Not going to hide the fact that a couple Callaway covers haven't been recent favorites of mine) And to me the cover change on this one is either just big on its own, or in combination with the new core that's not supposed to feel any different, it feels pretty different to me. And I like it much better.

And results have been good. It's cold here now obviously, but it has impressed me regardless, and more so on a couple 70 degree days. Indoor as well. Excited for more people to get their hands on them and see what they think.

Not sure who of the GD boys played the prior one, but I know a couple of them with speed fight spin a bit so I'll be interested in their experience.

Wait, so the '22 has those little arrows on either side of the alignment line? I've gotta check when I get home, but I coulda sworn that the CSX LS I was hitting yesterday had those on it. Did those crafty Dream Foursome guys slip me some pre-release balls as a prize? 🤯

There is a lot of awesome sounding tech going on with this release. 3D X-Ray should completely put to rest the rumors and knocks from the past and the Cross Linking technology sounds amazing. Definitely can't wait to try the 2022 Chome Soft!

I was fortunate to have been able to play the 2022 Chrome Soft at the Dream Foursome back in November. I have played the Truvis is the past and will play the new 2022 Truvis in the future. The ball performed very well for me around and on the greens and that's important to me.

The 2022 ChromeSoft will be the ball to play for this release cycle. It’s that good. Notably, I was playing the CSX in the prior generations but fit the standard CS better in this cycle. When I have put them in play, I have been hitting the ball noticeably higher and farther, but still maintaining that soft feel off the face. But where these balls have been shining for me is hitting mid to full wedge shots into greens. The ball just stops. It’s awesome.

When the best player in the world tells you to keep a ball the same, you should probably do that! :ROFLMAO::eek::ROFLMAO::eek::ROFLMAO: Jon Rahm had asked them to not change a thing about the 2020 Chrome Soft X. The kept it virtually identical to that version and added more speed to it.

I have been playing the 2020 CSX with TT for 2 years and have loved every second of playing this ball. The Triple Track is a game changer for me on the greens. The ability to get it set up at the home and be able to trust is something I love about it

We were given the choice of what ball we wanted to play for the 2021 Grandaddy on Monday night. I chose the 2022 CSX with TT. After being fit for the Apex TCBs, I found out I may need the Chrome Soft X LS with TT because they spin almost a 1000 RPMs more on the 7 iron than my Apex19s.

ALERT!!!!!!
This is what makes #TheGrandaddy so special!!! I asked @JasonFinleyCG if I could swap out one of my dozens of CSXTTs for CSXLSTTs so I could test both in the simulator and on course to make sure I was going to be playing the correct ball for 2022. He said to me I can have whatever is left in his bag after the round and didn't make me give back the CSXTTs. Sure enough, after our match concluded, he handed me 3-4 sleeves of CSXLSTTs to take home.

@JB - You mentioned on a THP Live event that there was a Line Up coming out that three different retailers said were just the "Bomb" (My words).
Is the 2022 Chrome Soft Line Up that Line Up?

Oh my word, my head is spinning at least 1000 rpm higher than yesterday! So much info coming out today.

The X LS will get a test beside my gamer variety new models this year. Is it the year I move to these? Time will tell.

When the best player in the world tells you to keep a ball the same, you should probably do that! :ROFLMAO::eek::ROFLMAO::eek::ROFLMAO: Jon Rahm had asked them to not change a thing about the 2020 Chrome Soft X. The kept it virtually identical to that version and added more speed to it.

I have been playing the 2020 CSX with TT for 2 years and have loved every second of playing this ball. The Triple Track is a game changer for me on the greens. The ability to get it set up at the home and be able to trust is something I love about it

We were given the choice of what ball we wanted to play for the 2021 Grandaddy on Monday night. I chose the 2022 CSX with TT. After being fit for the Apex TCBs, I found out I may need the Chrome Soft X LS with TT because they spin almost a 1000 RPMs more on the 7 iron than my Apex19s.

ALERT!!!!!!
This is what makes #TheGrandaddy so special!!! I asked @JasonFinleyCG if I could swap out one of my dozens of CSXTTs for CSXLSTTs so I could test both in the simulator and on course to make sure I was going to be playing the correct ball for 2022. He said to me I can have whatever is left in his bag after the round and didn't make me give back the CSXTTs. Sure enough, after our match concluded, he handed me 3-4 sleeves of CSXLSTTs to take home.
Finley is the man! Well, that entire crew is just fricking amazing!

Since the Dream Foursome, I really enjoy playing these from the tee and around the green. It almost feels like two different balls. I played ProvXs for a very long time so I was nervous about the transition but these are phenomenal. Off the tee, I noticed a tighter dispersion which for me is most important, and around the greens, I can make this ball dance.

Distance-wise, these are as long or longer than what I was used to, but for my game, I need a ball that goes where I need it to go and reacts appropriately, and this ball does it all. Super impressed with what Callaway is offering. Plus the triple track has really helped my putting too. This is a no brainer.

Can't order until 1/28 but I see they have some Truvis on the website so that is good.

I mean if reading this on the advances Callaway is making with their golf ball doesn’t get you excited…then I don’t know what to say.

Golf balls typically don’t move the needle for me & while I’ve never bought a dozen of balls from Callaway I am no so inclined to do so. Question is can I wait until they are released on 1/28/22?

I might have missed it, but I hope they addressed some of the durability concerns I saw from time to time. That is the only knock on the 2020 ball.

Of all the releases today this might be the one I'm most excited about. Can't wait to hit the new X. Love everything I'm reading here.

Since the Dream Foursome, I really enjoy playing these from the tee and around the green. It almost feels like two different balls. I played ProvXs for a very long time so I was nervous about the transition but these are phenomenal. Off the tee, I noticed a tighter dispersion which for me is most important, and around the greens, I can make this ball dance.

Distance-wise, these are as long or longer than what I was used to, but for my game, I need a ball that goes where I need it to go and reacts appropriately, and this ball does it all. Super impressed with what Callaway is offering. Plus the triple track has really helped my putting too. This is a no brainer.

10 feet and in makes the Triple Track worth it!

Great preview @Jman. It's great to see how responsive Callaway is, and their constant drive to refine and improve their products. I know the Grandaddy guys have been busting at the seams to be able to talk about these balls, as they generated a lot of redacted excitement in the live thread. I've played some previous versions of the Chrome Soft and really like the feel, I'll definitely give the '22 versions a try!

It wasn’t so long ago that had you said one of the most anticipated Callaway releases of the new year would be golf balls, you’d have gotten some very interesting reactions. However, in 2022, that is precisely the situation.

Since the inception of Chrome Soft, Callaway has been on a meteoric rise in the golf ball segment the likes of which we have never seen in terms of grabbing market share. While one might think that 2021’s craziness could potentially slow that momentum, it did the exact opposite. With two Major Championships and an Olympic Gold Medal, Chrome Soft was the hottest golf ball on the planet.

While other companies may decide to just “run with it” for another cycle, Callaway has been priming up for this release, they have said, the next evolution is all about “Precision Technology”...

Continue reading...
This is what I have been waiting on. Haven’t even read it yet. I am as giddy as a school girl!

I think I'm really looking forward to giving the LS a try. It's great to hear that more spin around the green has been accomplished. That was the biggest drawback to the previous model in my opinion.

Callaway has really been investing in QC these last couple of years and the results from that definitely speak for themselves. This year's release sounds great. I've always enjoyed the CS feel and think these won't be any different

After reviewing my ShotScope data I’m not sure how I feel about more greenside spin in the LS. I have been leaving my chips too short even though I’ve been hitting my intended landing spot. It’s tough to start getting more aggressive but this should give me more options around the greens including using irons to chip with.

Back