2022 Callaway Chrome Soft Golf Balls

I am half tempted to get away from TT just to use pro shop credit, but I love TT.

I played Chrome Soft without TT yesterday and honestly I missed it. I can use the side stamp or none at all, but from inside of 10 ft, Triple Track just seems to help me.

I played Chrome Soft without TT yesterday and honestly I missed it. I can use the side stamp or none at all, but from inside of 10 ft, Triple Track just seems to help me.

I don't think I can go away from TT. Combining it with the TT on my putter and it feels like cheating.

You are using the regular not the X or LS, correct?

You didn't have to do much to convince me!

It’s a good thing I like the performance of the CSX, I have a hard time wanting to even try something without triple track.

Pro shop is able to get me CSX TT July 29th. In time for the end of our Invitational and my trip to Wisconsin. Going to buy a dozen to hold me over until then.

I am happy playing the CS X LS. To TT or not is still in question. I bought a sleeve of CS X TT (no LS TT here) to try out. I do vastly prefer TT to a single line on the ball, which is what I have toyed with in the past. On shorter putts, TT might be the way to go. On longer putts, I am not so sure.

I just bought a box of Chrome Softs.
In coming back from my bad ankle sprain, I just don't think I'm going to compress the ball like I normally would.
So STD CS Truvis USA ball

Random description of the CSX from someone who usually hears me hit the LS.

'That thing's a Zing-a-ling.'

Finally put the new CSX LS in play today and oh my. It could really be the perfect ball. It’s definitely softer than the previous model and has plenty of green side spin. Multiple one hop and stops today from 115 and in. Can’t wait to get my strength back. I think @OldandStiff might be on to something here. 🤣🤣🤣

Last edited:
I just bought a box of Chrome Softs.
In coming back from my bad ankle sprain, I just don't think I'm going to compress the ball like I normally would.
So STD CS Truvis USA ball
So playing the CS off the tee and irons is good.
Pitches/chips/putting, not so good. I under hit everything. Not used to a such a soft ball.
I'm used the B'stone B X or the CS X LS.
Still played bogey golf with a birdie after a month layoff and ankle at 80%.
So maybe the ball helped a bit

got a sleeve of csxls to try over the weekend. mainly curious whether and how it performs off irons.

Purchased a dozen CSX TT at dicks, and was able to use a rewards credit for $10 off. I didn't dig a ton through the shelves, but there were not a lot of CSX in triple track to be seen.

Purchased a dozen CSX TT at dicks, and was able to use a rewards credit for $10 off. I didn't dig a ton through the shelves, but there were not a lot of CSX in triple track to be seen.
Which DSG? The one in S'ville had a bunch of them last Wednesday.

Lyndhurst
HMM... That's the store I usually go to when I cannot find things over here.
Or I go to Crocker Park. Both are longer drives (35-40mins).

Still loving CSX around the greens. Hit three nice drives at around 275-280 yards so it’s plenty long. Not getting any roll out with irons, which has taken some adjusting too. I just need to play to carry distance which is working out just fine! 2 sub-80 rounds in my last 4, I’m perfectly content with the CSX.

Of course, I get an email just now from our assistant pro telling me that he got their Callaway rep to snag some CSX TT from another shop, so I wouldn't have to wait. Huzzah!

I’ve tried the triple track. I could never get comfortable with it. I do like the truvis but prefer the standard CS

I put the CSX back in play my last round and still scored fine. On calm days with less wind I could easily adapt to this ball. The biggest noticable difference I see is wedges and in. The CSX just wants to grab hard on pitches and chips so I have to adjust for less rollout and throw it a little farther. When I do, my proximity to the hole is quite good.

I put the CSX back in play my last round and still scored fine. On calm days with less wind I could easily adapt to this ball. The biggest noticable difference I see is wedges and in. The CSX just wants to grab hard on pitches and chips so I have to adjust for less rollout and throw it a little farther. When I do, my proximity to the hole is quite good.
What ball do you play normally?

What ball do you play normally?
Chromesoft CSX-LS. It is the ball that keeps winning out for me but I purchased the new CSX balls to test so I rotate them in from time to time

Played the chromesoft the last couple of holes last saturday and loved it.

Still using the CSX in play as it’s terrific around the greens due to all the spin off the wedges, as well as the distance off the tee. Enjoy the consistency and knowing what to expect out of the ball this year and most of all knowing that the consistency in the manufacturing process is second to none in the industry which is a great feeling knowing what needs to be worked on in the swing when what you see in the ball flight is all a reflection of what your swing did rather than a unexpected added element.

Back