2022 Callaway Chrome Soft Golf Balls

I ordered a dozen monogrammed CS on Monday and they’re shipping out today.

Played the CSX again last night for my match and I am definitely starting to lean towards that ball as my preferred choice - driver distance is more than enough for my swing, full shots stop pretty quick, but it is the partial shots that I am really liking

Couple of examples from last night, I had roughly a 50yd approach to a par 5 green that slopes from front to back and it is usually very difficult to stop the ball from rolling towards the back of the green, but last night I clipped my 54° and landed it short of the flag and it checked up so much that it left me a longer downhill putt than I expected. The second instance was a couple holes later when again I hit a partial shot that grabbed and stopped quicker than I had been seeing with the CSX LS, and is the biggest reason why I am leaning towards the CSX over the CSX LS

Bought another dozen for CSX this time with TT. Will see this weekend if this is the ball I decide to roll with rest of year. LS was pretty good but thinking I need a little more spin with these new irons.

I alternated between the CSX and CSX-LS last round and hit really good shots with both. Into the wind I feel the LS has an advantage for me. When chipping I am more used to the LS ball and the height and rollout. With the CSX I feel I have to throw it further and trust it to check up more and release less.

I alternated between the CSX and CSX-LS last round and hit really good shots with both. Into the wind I feel the LS has an advantage for me. When chipping I am more used to the LS ball and the height and rollout. With the CSX I feel I have to throw it further and trust it to check up more and release less.
I have decided on the LS but like them both I just prefer the LS. I still have some CSX and will use them on occasion. I think the same about the LS being the best ball into the wind.

So, does anyone find the CSX to not lose a lot of distance into the wind? I was overshooting greens all day today into some pretty stiff breezes, and they were mostly off of good fairway lies.

Just got back from a 6 round golf trip that I put into play the 2022 USA Truvis CS.
Went through that dozen and then put into play a dozen 2019 CS that I had left over
Once that dozen was gone - back the the 2022 version.

I will tell you that I can the tell the difference between the two for sure.
2022 is a little softer, flys little higher and spins better around the green.

It's a really a good ball and I'm looking forward to playing for the next 2 dozen balls that I have.

Just got back from a 6 round golf trip that I put into play the 2022 USA Truvis CS.
Went through that dozen and then put into play a dozen 2019 CS that I had left over
Once that dozen was gone - back the the 2022 version.

I will tell you that I can the tell the difference between the two for sure.
2022 is a little softer, flys little higher and spins better around the green.

It's a really a good ball and I'm looking forward to playing for the next 2 dozen balls that I have.
I must be mis-reading, u lost 24 balls in 6 rounds and can tell the difference between them?

I must be mis-reading, u lost 24 balls in 6 rounds and can tell the difference between them?
I recently lost 7 balls off the tee in a single round and I can tell the difference.

1658756809321.gif

Thanks for your question!
Well, when you play designer course that you've never played before, with all of the "Hidden OB's" that a designer puts in. It's easier than you think.
Plus, in most cases on the golf trip, you are losing them off the tee and not 200 yards and in where the ball characteristics start to matter.
Honestly I only lost 3 on the first 18 on an Arnold Palmer Course and those were the 2022 version.

The 2019 CS had the Graphene in the ball and the 2022 does not.
To me, the Graphene make the ball feel hard and sound "Clicky"
I also felt on approach shots, the 2019 did not spin as much.

Last edited:
Thanks for your question!
Well, when you play designer course that you've never played before, with all of the "Hidden OB's" that a designer puts in. It's easier than you think.
Plus, in most cases on the golf trip, you are losing them off the tee and not 200 yards and in where the ball characteristics start to matter.
Honestly I only lost 3 on the first 18 on an Arnold Palmer Course and those were the 2022 version.

The 2019 CS had the Graphene in the ball and the 2022 does not.
To me, the Graphene make the ball feel hard and sound "Clicky"
I also felt on approach shots, the 2019 did not spin as much.
Do you see a distance difference either with irons or driver. For me I see a big difference in distance and find the LS to be longer for me, particularly off the tee. And into the wind for me and my swing the LS is much better. I have friends with the exact opposite experience so im guessing the three regular, X and LS just fit different people differently and experimenting on the course like you were is the best way to figure it out.

So, does anyone find the CSX to not lose a lot of distance into the wind? I was overshooting greens all day today into some pretty stiff breezes, and they were mostly off of good fairway lies.
No, I do not find that. I find it is affected in a way that's consistent with it's makeup. It's a high spin ball any way you slice it. I like it, I can play it, I do play it, but it is absolutely affected by the wind more in certain situations than their other offerings. And it should be. Each has their own benefits for different people's needs. Or the needs that will benefit their game more over others.

No, I do not find that. I find it is affected in a way that's consistent with it's makeup. It's a high spin ball any way you slice it. I like it, I can play it, I do play it, but it is absolutely affected by the wind more in certain situations than their other offerings. And it should be. Each has their own benefits for different people's needs. Or the needs that will benefit their game more over others.
That's it. I'm blaming the swirling wind then.

Why blame anything other than your sweet swing and distance humbleness. Take the 💪 dude!
Ha, I'll glady take more distance, but playing, say a 7 iron for a 175-180 into the wind, hoping it only goes 165 carry, only to fly it 190... super muscles?

I resisted TT early on and felt it would take too long to line up, it didn’t help that much, etc… the last 6 months or so have proven me wrong. I can recount my rounds where I tested other golf balls without TT and my putting was not as good as when TT was in play.

I just came off a weekend of playing golf with @Nate and during our two-man tourney my putting saved us a few times. It was all due to TT and helping me have 100% confidence in my line. Through the bag it was great and I hit some long tee shots, but putting is where it shined for me. I can’t imagine not using it.

I played CSX today. It was good. I was crap, but it was good. Lisa of good stuff in the wedge game with it. And I hit a 350 drive with it so that's always nice.

I played CSX today. It was good. I was crap, but it was good. Lisa of good stuff in the wedge game with it. And I hit a 350 drive with it so that's always nice.
350! Nice!

Truth

I really want to give the CSX LS a solid trial

Had the USA CS Truvis in play last night.
Impressed with this ball - Really like it! Love the spin action on the short game.
It's a better ball than the 2022 QST I think - I know it cost $10 more retail per dozen however I think it's worth it.

It's a better ball than the 2022 QST I think - I know it cost $10 more retail per dozen however I think it's worth it.
🔥

I have this conversation with my best golf friend it seems like every week. He plays QST. Every time I give him a CS he talks about how good it plays for him. He refuses to admit that it is better, for his game at least, and that he just doesn't want to pay the difference. And I rib him about it, because I think it is worth it for him too.

Back