2022 Callaway Chrome Soft Golf Balls

Chipped and putted my way around nicely this morning for a 79 with the X LS. Really like the performance I'm getting with this ball. Feels hard to me but I don't care because it just works for my game.

Chipped and putted my way around nicely this morning for a 79 with the X LS. Really like the performance I'm getting with this ball. Feels hard to me but I don't care because it just works for my game.
I alternate between the LS and the Chrome Soft. I very much like the feel of the latter, have you compared them?

Hey Jb. Yes, the CS is great. I just don't have as much control with it off the driver. I spin it a bit too much. Glad it works for you!!

chrome soft x rules.

that is all

I alternate between the LS and the Chrome Soft. I very much like the feel of the latter, have you compared them?

I have a round scheduled this afternoon and the LS will be going into play.

I have a couple of Links style course coming this weekend.
Think this might be a good time to try the LS Version again.
Didn't like it in the spring however it was really wet and with it being dry now - should run for days.

Used the CSX-LS again during my round the other day and it’s legit! Love love love this ball!

I keep going back and forth. CSX or CSX LS

I went CSX yesterday and it was LONG. Could have been the stretches I did earlier in the day, but these were the first 2 swings of the day. Par 5 uphill the whole way.
My 5w is typically 230 if I really catch it

DF4EF789-2371-4A54-ABE7-FD8D4A8D3872.png

Oh. That's hilarious, soon to be dead Store Guy..

20220729_183639.jpg

He knew I wouldn't have time to exchange them.

Last edited:
I have a couple of Links style course coming this weekend.
Think this might be a good time to try the LS Version again.
Didn't like it in the spring however it was really wet and with it being dry now - should run for days.
So I played LS on Saturday and CS on Sunday. Different Courses.
While I got the almost the same distance with both balls, 100 yards and in, the LS is a clear winner.
Way more spin off the wedges.
So, LS is in the bag for the next 6 weeks or s0 while we have baked fairways, CS in September when the weather cools.

So I played LS on Saturday and CS on Sunday. Different Courses.
While I got the almost the same distance with both ball, the 100 yards and in the LS is a clear winner.
Way more spin off the wedges.
So, LS is in the bag for the next 6 weeks or say while we have baked fairways, CS in September when the weather cools.

I have been playing the CS. I have never tried the LS. I may have to experiment with it especially for the 100 yards in.

I have been playing the CS. I have never tried the LS. I may have to experiment with it especially for the 100 yards in.
Think the 4pc vs. the 3pc shows up 100 yards in.
I also think my drives with the LS are little straighter instead of a medium Draw with CS.

Every time I think I have the game ball situation figured out, I go and play really well with the opposite ball. Had a rough start yesterday with driving distance with the X so I switched to the LS on the back. Distance was still on the shorter side compared to normal but I still gained compared to what I was doing with the X. Told myself the LS was going to be the play from now on.

Well me being indecisive like I am, gave the X one more look the next day. Shot a 76 (that should have been a 75 but I missed a three footer. Damn tentative putting) and everything worked really well, because of course it did.

I have no doubt that the LS is longer for me personally and is MUCH better in the wind. But the X has those stopping shots on the green when it REALLY matters and has saved some shots every round I play with it. I play really well with both of them and am done trying to make one work better than the other. They are incredible balls and I will use whichever I'm feeling for the day lol

yea I keep thinking about these. Have had good success with them in the past but haven't gotten any of the past couple iterations. Just can't decide which one to try first.

yea I keep thinking about these. Have had good success with them in the past but haven't gotten any of the past couple iterations. Just can't decide which one to try first.
I'm sure you're well aware of the ball characteristics of the CS and CSX but I thought I'd post since the LS is only two iterations old. Since they are all so different around the green, I would rank how important greeside spin is to you and go from there.

Though this chart makes it seem CS has higher greenside spin than the LS and I don't find that to be true (But maybe I'm reading it wrong lol). I would rank them
1. X
2. LS
3. CS

1659391759798.png

I'm sure you're well aware of the ball characteristics of the CS and CSX but I thought I'd post since the LS is only two iterations old. Since they are all so different around the green, I would rank how important greeside spin is to you and go from there.

Though this chart makes it seem CS has higher greenside spin than the LS and I don't find that to be true (But maybe I'm reading it wrong lol). I would rank them
1. X
2. LS
3. CS

View attachment 9108655
I think I would agree with your assessment but I’d say some of it differs from person to person based on their swing characteristics and all them factors.

1. X
2. LS
3. CS

View attachment 9108655
Thanks this does help. Last time I played CS was before the LS came out. I’ve never had a problem height wise though, so looks like CSX might be the one at the moment to try first

I really need to give the '22 CSX LS a run at some point when I get through all of these CS Truvis I've got backlogged. I don't have any complaints about the CS but curiosity is eating at me again now that I'm playing pretty decent.

I have no doubt that the LS is longer for me personally and is MUCH better in the wind
This statement can be signed sealed and delivered now. Played in 25-30 MPH winds last night and the LS just cuts through it. Holds it's line with driver and doesn't balloon with irons or wedges. I put a new shaft in my driver but I also used the LS almost exclusively yesterday and was getting distance back that I haven't seen for a couple weeks.

I said "almost exclusively" above. Well that's because I lost my one LS in the bag because I drove it too far and in to a hazard. I can't remember why I had one but I had a standard CS ball in the bag and used it for the last four holes since I didn't even want to deal with the X in that amount of wind.

CS is a GREAT ball as well. No surprises from me but it had more spin around the greens than I would have probably originally given it credit for and it was right up there in distance with the LS. Second longest drive of the day came with it. I love the softer feel of it too, especially off of wedges and putter.

The whole line has come a long way from three or four years ago and I have zero intention of moving away from the Chrome Soft line anytime soon

Kid got me to play 18 with the Chrome Soft X on Sunday. Very workable and predictable.
Took the same ball to a local 18 hole par 3 course yesterday, it was quite windy. Predictably, the high spin ball exhibited a tendency to balloon into the wind, and wasn't terribly stable in crosswinds compared to a TP5 or Bridgestone BXS, both of which spin very well for me.
I may be being a bit harsh on the balls aerodynamics as it was pretty scuffed up after being played a full 18, then getting really scuffed with wedge after wedge on the par 3 course.
I'll try a fresh ball in the wind and see how it fares for me.

I played a new course this past weekend and rolled up to clubhouse stupidly with 4 balls in my bag. I've been known to lose quite a few on this course so I was little nervous teeing off, but luckily didn't lose a single one. Anyway - throughout the round I alternated balls between the CSX LS and the Titleist Velocity I had in my bag. I just wanted to compare since it's been so long that I played any other ball. The Velocity has always been long off the tee for me, but it's everything else where CSX LS shines. I'm OK with losing a little distance if I'm in the fairway, but the short irons and chipping around the green are where I feel more comfortable with the CSX LS. Not sure I've ever had any success putting a Velocity close to the pin.

Gonna grab some CSX for my next round and do the same test. I haven't yet tested the 2022 CSX and I need to change that.

Back