2022 Callaway Chrome Soft Golf Balls

The CS X LS is still my go to ball. I really enjoy the ball flight and the way it sticks on the green!

Having had the blinders on and only played the CSXLS, I bought a sleeve of the USA Truvis Chrome Soft at the course. I figured I would play them since the course was short and see how they performed.

They weren't as long off the driver and moved a little more, but not short or uncontrollable either! Felt smoother off the face throughout the bag.

Didn't take me long to realize I had to adjust to be a little longer on my iron choice as they backed up a lot more. It was fun to see that, but not what I have been looking for. They also engaged the breaks better with the touch wedges and really never got used to that. Not a bad thing and could easily adjust with time.

Overall, really impressed!!!!!

I now have to get some CSX and see how they perform! I think I really need to get a real fitting for these balls and quit thinking.

Greens on my home course just aren’t as receptive as some other courses like the one I played last weekend.

I played the LS this last round and noticed a little more rollout than the CSX. That was both good and bad depending if I was in front of the pin or past it. Not a lot more as they were still holding but more.

I think I like it better off the driver. I like the flight off of most clubs really. I think if the green were more receptive this would be the ball. I did shoot par for 9 though, most of the few times I’ve done that have been from a tee box up so I don’t know.

While I want to just play one ball I think I may need to keep both in the bag and decide based on conditions.

While I want to just play one ball I think I may need to keep both in the bag and decide based on conditions.
This is how I feel about the ball as well, depending on the greens will have a bearing on which I play

Finding yellow TT CSX and LS is becoming a real chore 😞

After playing Z-Star for about 9 months, I switched back to Chrome Soft X w/Triple Track…. Z-Star is a high quality ball, but the CSXTT is so good for me. Was as consistent as I have ever been over 5 rounds in 4 days. Looking forward to playing this ball for the foreseeable future…. Might need to grab some in yellow.

Dicks sporting goods online?
First place I looked since that’s where I found them last time. Found some on golfballs.com. Just crazy that yellow continues to be so sparse.

First place I looked since that’s where I found them last time. Found some on golfballs.com. Just crazy that yellow continues to be so sparse.

Just crazy!

Going back and forth between the CSx and the LS at the moment, and still not seeing a huge variance between the two. What I would say is that initially I thought the triple track was a bit of a gimmick, but I am completely sold now. The alignment is automatic, and I'm making so many more putts of the 6' and in range than before. Even when I don't have one in play, I have drawn 3 lines on other balls just to mimic them - sign me up!

Going back and forth between the CSx and the LS at the moment, and still not seeing a huge variance between the two. What I would say is that initially I thought the triple track was a bit of a gimmick, but I am completely sold now. The alignment is automatic, and I'm making so many more putts of the 6' and in range than before. Even when I don't have one in play, I have drawn 3 lines on other balls just to mimic them - sign me up!
For me, the biggest difference I have seen is around the greens - good condition greens see plenty of bite on full shots and enough on partials that I can have a fair idea of what will happen, but on poor greens I was seeing more roll-out with the LS

I have spun a few wedges back off the front of our greens when going at front pins with full shots with the LS, so I am more than happy with how it performs

Only thing that might throw me off is if I get new wedges as the ones in my bag are a few years old now

What I would say is that initially I thought the triple track was a bit of a gimmick, but I am completely sold now. The alignment is automatic, and I'm making so many more putts of the 6' and in range than before. Even when I don't have one in play, I have drawn 3 lines on other balls just to mimic them - sign me up!
YESSSS. Another thing I like is that if the lines aren't rolling end over end, you know you mishit right away. TT is something I will never move away from going forward

YESSSS. Another thing I like is that if the lines aren't rolling end over end, you know you mishit right away. TT is something I will never move away from going forward
I actually don’t look at the lines rolling, had never thought of that! I use it purely to line up and then go straight back and through. Took me so long to actually trust the line, standing over the ball it looks totally different to from behind it - took a while not to make adjustments to what I thought I was seeing.

standing over the ball it looks totally different to from behind it - took a while not to make adjustments to what I thought I was seeing.
That's why a lot of people say they don't like it. But it's so much easier for me to trust a read from behind the ball than looking down on it lol

I forgot to mention that this shot was with the CSX LS. Seems relevant to both posts - the ball and the wedges being badasses.

That's why a lot of people say they don't like it. But it's so much easier for me to trust a read from behind the ball than looking down on it lol
Oh absolutely! Just have to keep telling myself that from behind the ball it was lined up perfectly, no matter what it appears to be from above.

I played the TT for awhile and could never get right. Turns out, my astigmatism was really tweaking the way I processed it. No more TT for me, but the CSXLS remains firmly planted.

I now have to get some CSX and see how they perform! I think I really need to get a real fitting for these balls and quit thinking.
By the time you decide the snow will fly ;)

But when such a good line-up is out, Callaway isn't making that easier for us (minus their great matrix and marketing material which absolutely helps)

• Haha
Reactions: J4U
I just got a call that my order for a dozen dozen chrome soft triple tracks came in, therefore completing my promise to buy a case (and I tried but failed to find a pallet) of the 2022 Chrome Softs, albeit in two purchases. I still have 8 dozen left from the last purchase, so I should have golf balls through 2023 at this point 😂

Pictures coming when I pick them up.

I finally tried out tour CSX LS today. I should have put it in play sooner. I played 9 holes, and 4 of them were the longest drives of the year on those holes. By at least 10 plus yards. Feels a little clicky compared to the ChromeSoft, but nothing I can’t look past. Very good first impressions.

Back