2022 Callaway Chrome Soft Golf Balls

Played the LS the last few rounds to see if I had a change of heart. Like the slightly higher ball flight vs the X but the X has been so good to me around the greens. Really liking the TT alignment on the CS lineup as it confirms the line so easily vs just the single line look. Went to grab a dozen of the X from GG because I was waiting for a new tire and they were all out of the X so looks like I’ll be looking around to find some more of the X.

Paging @OldandStiff
Any thoughts on a ball that plays like LS?
Thinking XV? Thinking V1X is too spinny?

Paging @OldandStiff
Any thoughts on a ball that plays like LS?
Thinking XV? Thinking V1X is too spinny?
Overall? The ball I played prior. TP5x. They're all different in little ways though, and they'll depend on player. Between LS, XV, and 5x, 5x feels a little softer on full strikes, XV more firm. Inside 50 or so XV would be the least reliable to me. I don't love it greenside. Just not as consistent. The new LS is pretty darn good on partial wedge approach for me. They're all similar in flight, but LS is a tad faster than 5x for me.

V1x is a bit different animal than the others imo. Different spin profile, little different flight. Everything with LS is just right there or best of a lot of different things within the ones that are similar.

Last edited:
And found some X’s at the range with terrific track so I’m set!

Overall? The ball I played prior. TP5x. They're all different in little ways though, and they'll depend on player. Between LS, XV, and 5x, 5x feels a little softer on full strikes, XV more firm. Inside 50 or so XV would be the least reliable to me. I don't love it greenside. Just not as consistent. The new LS is pretty darn good on partial wedge approach for me. They're all similar in flight, but LS is a tad faster than 5x for me.

V1x is a bit different animal than the others imo. Different spin profile, little different flight. Everything with LS is just right there or best of a lot of different things within the ones that are similar.
Thanks for your thoughts - The reason I asked is that I'm playing a course the next two Saturdays that likes to eat my golf balls.
I'd rather not feed it my CSX-LS golf balls, so I want to stay in the same "Style" if I can to not lose the familiarity I've developed with the LS.
My ShotScope numbers say that I'm playing almost 3 strokes better, so there must be something there.

I have a bunch of previous version XV that I'm going to use to "Feed the Fescue" with.

Last edited:
Thanks for your thoughts - The reason I asked is that I'm playing a course the next two Saturdays that likes to eat my golf balls.
I'd rather not feed it my CSX-LS golf balls, so I want to stay in the same "Style" if I can to not lose the familiarity I've developed with the LS.
My ShotScope numbers say that I'm playing almost 3 strokes better, so there must be something there.

I have a bunch of previous version XV that I'm going to use to "Feed the Fescue" with.
I don't know how XV will like basically being your sidechick, but I like that you have a plan. :p

I don't know how XV will like basically being your sidechick, but I like that you have a plan. :p
Sidechicks never work out as planned...:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Last night in League I got the driver going and the XLS just went. No matter what other ball I put in play on a hole be it one I find and give a try or balls I have in the bag for me none work as well in all aspects of the game as the XLS.

Last night in League I got the driver going and the XLS just went. No matter what other ball I put in play on a hole be it one I find and give a try or balls I have in the bag for me none work as well in all aspects of the game as the XLS.

I have been playing the Truvis this season. But based upon what you have stated and what others have as well, the XLS may be worth a try for comparison.

Played XLS yesterday with a new driver in the bag. Thinking it performed “Ok” off the Tee.
Going try CS to see how it performs off the tee for me. Still thinking XLS is my ball.

91EE0BEF-07ED-4253-8ADC-C604FDD8CB70.jpeg

Last edited:
Saw a lot of what I like about the LS out there today. Had a couple big 9 irons into the wind, and 6i into it for eagle on 17 that handled it really well. Those 9s would have scared me with any more spin and that 6 would have rose up around the corner and been in the bunker. It's just a good match for conditions here. Real good spin on a couple wedges in too. Spun back a couple partials well. I'll kind of cross post this when I upload the vid, but had 108 into a breeze and hit a knockdown with my Raw 55.

20220812_185335.jpg

Came in low, hit pin high, took a big hop, and came back nearly onto it's mark. That's exactly what I want in my ball. No more, no less. (y)

Last edited:
I finally got the little man to switch balls. He liked the 2020 Chrome Soft practice balls because he likes the minimal printing on the ball. I tried having him use my Triple Track CS X and he didn’t like it (because of the Triple Track I’m pretty sure). What a weirdo.

I bought him a dozen plain white CS X because it suits his style better. He played it during his first day of high school tryouts yesterday. He just walked over to me and said he likes the CS X because he was getting a foot of backspin with his PW and he trusts that it’ll stay close if he gets the distance right. I can’t wait for him to see what it does with a flip wedge.

Need to get the LS back out tomorrow. Been playing another new ball that's pretty darn good. Narrowing down finalists

Some wind when I played 9 tonight. Into the wind this ball off the driver just cut into it and I was happy with the result. I told myself tonight into the wind just swing like I do with no wind or the wind at my back. I made a conscious effort to do that and was surprised at the distance and good results. Just have to keep that thought into the wind, not tense up and not jump on it. This ball definitely performs well into the wind. It just performs well no matter what.

Put the 22CSXLS back in play yesterday and they are fighters for the bag!

These continue to fight the wind and just flat out perform across the bag!

Had two par 3's that had some 2-8 directional wind and these just bit through it. Both of these shots were a little draw starting on the right side of the green. They came back beautiful and still didn't get pushed by the breeze.

This one just embedded itself:
Screenshot_20220814-130822_Shot Scope.jpg
20220813_104852.jpg

This one I thought had a chance to roll in, but the lack of spin it just trickled and stopped.
Screenshot_20220814-131352_Shot Scope.jpg20220813_125759.jpg

The driver...these things just go!
Screenshot_20220814-130846_Shot Scope.jpg
The 60° did its job, but I forgot about the pin being just at a ridge and it checked and went a little too far and rolled away from the pin.

Driver ✅
Irons ✅
Wedges ✅
Putter ✅

Will play the front with these tomorrow and the back with another contender. I really should just stop and put them in the bag.

Played LS on Thursday and CS on Saturday.
Really torn between the two. I’m longer off the tee with CS however LS I think performers better on the short game. Little torn here.

Final round before Myrtle was played with an X today. Shot a +3 75. I've had incredible rounds with both balls this year and it really comes down to conditions. LS will probably get the majority call down in Myrtle with me needing as much distance as possible. And I'll need less spin since I'll be playing the Rogue Max head instead of the LS since it doesn't look like it will be showing up in time

Broke my personal best for the second time this year using CSX. Today’s round was a bit different than the first because it’s been crazy hot and dry, so the course was fairly firm in spots. Still managed to stop a 6 iron on the spot and I’m really starting to get along with it on chips. Hands down my favorite ball.

Played the LS for 9 holes yesterday and I am starting to think I have a decision to make again between this and the X

For me, it seems to depend on how receptive the greens are - on good greens, I am seeing enough spin on partial shots that I can play the shots I want, but for greens that aren't as good, I have been seeing more roll out
The one thing that has caught me out a couple times has been the ability of the ball to hold its line in the wind.....I hit a tee shot on a par 3 yesterday with wind that was slightly into and across, so I aimed at the bunker on the front left edge of the green expecting it to move right, and it didn't move at all and I finished in the bunker

We have our club championships this coming weekend, but I will likely have both the X and LS in the bag and make a decision on which to use when I get to the course and see how it looks

I found a couple of the CSX-LS over the last few rounds and put them in play yesterday. I usually play the Tour B XS. The LX is LONG. On the 3 solid drives I had (with an inch short driver), I was up with my Shot Scope performance average with the longer driver. On short irons, I played my usual distances and was a good 8-10 yards longer with the LS. Stopping power with half to three-quarter wedges was excellent. It felt good enough off the putter but a little clicky. On full to half shots, this ball absolutely performed for me. Great ball

I will be doing some "product seeding" with the 22 CSX-LS balls starting tomorrow in Myrtle Beach and I cannot wait!!

I found a couple of the CSX-LS over the last few rounds and put them in play yesterday. I usually play the Tour B XS. The LX is LONG. On the 3 solid drives I had (with an inch short driver), I was up with my Shot Scope performance average with the longer driver. On short irons, I played my usual distances and was a good 8-10 yards longer with the LS. Stopping power with half to three-quarter wedges was excellent. It felt good enough off the putter but a little clicky. On full to half shots, this ball absolutely performed for me. Great ball

CS is going in the lead for my ball for the balance of the year.
Just bombing drives with it and I'm getting Iron Set Attack & Gap Wedges to Hop N Stop in to greens.

I'll probably play CS next Tuesday and bring CSX-LS to the Bourbon Bash.

Back