2022 Callaway Rogue ST Driver Lineup

With your speed, a 5 wood could be a great club for you
I've been carrying a Calloway Mavrik Max worth a UST Elements, I really like it, but after playing this Rogue/Linq setup I think that combo could be a real weapon.

It’s weird I can hit the LS well at range but tense up or something on course. Think this winter I’ll probably tinker and maybe go get a fitting to find a true fit shaft to me as it’s the shaft and not my swing right 🫠🤣

this is how i am with the LTDx LS right now...range swings are good...then just all sorts of inconsistency on course. the only consistent thing is that i'm missing left way more than right 😕...but the good swings are so good. still too early to make any kind of judgment between the two but the Max LS was/is my favorite of the 4 drivers i've tried this year...

I hit the Callaway Rogue ST Max today stupid good. Found the fairway off just about every hole after the first and put us in good position at the Budget Experience. I think this has been the best I have fit driver all year long and I attribute a lot of it to the toe side forgiveness of this club haha.

I hit the Callaway Rogue ST Max today stupid good. Found the fairway off just about every hole after the first and put us in good position at the Budget Experience. I think this has been the best I have fit driver all year long and I attribute a lot of it to the toe side forgiveness of this club haha.
Truly a game changer, after 2 years of struggling to hit driver off the tee I was about ready to give up and only hit 3wd. This driver isn't automatic, but it's definitely forgiving like no other I've ever swung.

Toe is definitely a better miss, almost no distance loss.

These 2 Rogue LS drivers are not leaving my bag for a long time. I finally have turned the corner with my recent driver yips and was striping them again.

I'm hitting this so well right now that my 3W is relegated to chasing par 5s in two only. I've found a good kind of layup swing with it when I need to keep the ball away from the left side and maximum distance isn't a big deal. Long ball is still working as well!

These 2 Rogue LS drivers are not leaving my bag for a long time. I finally have turned the corner with my recent driver yips and was striping them again.
That means no Autoflex for me for a long time 😭:p

Played in a scramble yesterday and wasn’t feeling great thanks to some poor decisions the night before… but it was a scramble and I felt obligated to take the driver to pound town 🤷‍♂️

I was overswinging most of the day to the best of my ability and didn’t lose a single ball while taking driver on every tee. A few holes one of my teammates neglected to hit a drive after I piped one 😎

With all that in mind, give the triple diamond a shot if you’re in the market it’s a seriously good driver that even a bum like me can hit!

I’m constantly impressed with the Rogue ST Max. Even when my swing was in need of work it would show signs of what could be. Now that I’ve made a swing change the “what could be” is. I’m getting distances I should not be getting based on my swing speed on launch monitors. I’m starting to hit more fairways as long as I stay away from the very toe of the driver.

I was always around or above SG compared to a 15 as a 19 handicap. Yesterday I got to +4.6 SG off the tee using the same baseline. As my driver game improves it takes pressure off the rest of my game. Now that my driver went from serviceable to a weapon things are looking better all over.

So this happened on Friday…

1662948199647.png

My Rouge St max d is probably the most forgiving driver i have owned. I didn’t have a great day with the driver yesterday in the scramble but the toe shots stayed in play.

I'm not yet convinced that those donut shorts are legal. Because this is.......gross. :ROFLMAO:
This drive was brought to you Bud Light Lime and complete lack of fashion sense :LOL:

I did a thing this weekend where I brought along a Sim Max 8 degree driver and hit it along side my Rogue St Max turned down to 9.5. I couldn't hit the SIM inbounds to save my life. The Rogue didn't miss the fairway. That said - the SIM was sometimes 10 yards longer or more, even being offline. It's a pickle, but I think the Rogue St Max is more appealing so I'm not scrambling, but man I wish I could have some of that added distance.

It's got me thinking I should try finding a 9 degree Rogue head (instead of the 10.5) and see if that adds anything for me.

I did a thing this weekend where I brought along a Sim Max 8 degree driver and hit it along side my Rogue St Max turned down to 9.5. I couldn't hit the SIM inbounds to save my life. The Rogue didn't miss the fairway. That said - the SIM was sometimes 10 yards longer or more, even being offline. It's a pickle, but I think the Rogue St Max is more appealing so I'm not scrambling, but man I wish I could have some of that added distance.

It's got me thinking I should try finding a 9 degree Rogue head (instead of the 10.5) and see if that adds anything for me.
Were you seeing a big difference in ball flight?

This is going to be a long one, so buckle up.

TL;DR - I enjoy the Max

A while back I was selected to take part in the greatest amature experience in the universe. During this time, I received a Rogue ST Max mated up to a Ventus Red.

All was well with the world, and I was driving the ball fantastically.

As some know, and others may have read of in passing, something happened to the Ventus, and the driver became unusable.

I had a fairly lofty goal to get to a 5 cap this season, and messing around with equipment that did not meet my needs, was counter to this goal. So I shelved the ST after many attempts at finding a shaft in my extras bag, that would pair well with the head.

As some who have played with me recently can attest, there is absolutely zero need for me to be trying to change out my current driver. But being the maniac I am, and the fact that the ST was so good, It was really bugging me having the head just laying around, and I felt I owed finding a solution.

I acquired my favorite shaft, and one that fits me very well, an RDX Black. Had it built to my preferred playing length of 45, plugged it in, and took it out to the course.

Things went as well as they could have. Peppering the middle of the face, ball flight is exactly where I want it to be. However, the SW was way too light, causing me to be wild on a few. And I knew with the right SW, I had a real winner of a setup.

Say what you want about SW, we've all seen the arguments. I personally, am very sensitive to it in driver especially, for timing. I ordered a weight kit, and threw an extra 5g in.

Back to the course we went, and boy did I have a day. This setup is every bit as good as my gamer (SIM2 MAX) and an average of 10yds longer. This was confirmed Sat at my lesson, while testing what my eyes see irl vs the numbers on TM.

I cannot stress enough, how happy I am that I have a setup that not only works, but works very well for my game. This driver is firmly in the #1 spot, and will be for a long time.

Capture.jpg

Were you seeing a big difference in ball flight?

A lot higher ball flight with the Sim actually and still getting more distance. It's not apples to apples though. Had the LinQ purple in the SIM and the LinQ white in the Rogue. Wanna try to get a similar set up before I make any conclusions. I just found it interesting.

A lot higher ball flight with the Sim actually and still getting more distance. It's not apples to apples though. Had the LinQ purple in the SIM and the LinQ white in the Rogue. Wanna try to get a similar set up before I make any conclusions. I just found it interesting.
I switched to the LinQ Purple this last round because I've been struggling with the LinQ Black the last few rounds with closing the face and hitting the center of the face. My last round was so much better for both of those, but it could be just a me thing. I really like the Black but the purple and ST Max combo is so good!

I switched to the LinQ Purple this last round because I've been struggling with the LinQ Black the last few rounds with closing the face and hitting the center of the face. My last round was so much better for both of those, but it could be just a me thing. I really like the Black but the purple and ST Max combo is so good!

Yeah I've been thinking about putting the purple in it. I was just hitting the white so good in Myrtle Beach.

It's all in my swing more than likely, but I love how I throw something new in and gets the gears grinding and me thinking I need to make a change. LOL.

Yeah I've been thinking about putting the purple in it. I was just hitting the white so good in Myrtle Beach.

It's all in my swing more than likely, but I love how I throw something new in and gets the gears grinding and me thinking I need to make a change. LOL.
Agreed. Like I stated previously, I'm sure it's just me because I had 2-3 rounds where I was 70% or better in FIR. lol Oh well, I like both and good to know I can go back and forth when one isn't working.

I need to grab a demo at the club next time I am out. See how the Max would work for me with a touch more spin than my current Epic Max LS.

Back