2022 Callaway Rogue ST Driver Lineup

18 more holes tonight coming up on sim so 14 more chances to use the Rogue ST Max! I've really never been so excited to hit driver. Once I get all my clubs in, I'll be doing a lot of number and data posts, but until then, it's me fawning over the accuracy and forgiveness of the club😁

Has anybody hit both the new Rogue ST Triple Diamond LS and the Epic Speed Triple Diamond LS? If so, how would you compare the two heads?

The Rogue is a slightly different shape and smaller at 450cc. It’s not much of a difference but you notice it side by side. In terms of forgiveness and performance on mishits, I’d say the the Rogue TD edges out the Speed TD, but that’s also on a narrower face in terms of width. I don’t think there are any significant distance gains but there are no concessions either in terms of performance and the lateral forgiveness was worth the jump for me. @Tenputt Any other questions, ask away.

Has anybody hit both the new Rogue ST Triple Diamond LS and the Epic Speed Triple Diamond LS? If so, how would you compare the two heads?

I don't have the epic Speed triple diamond unfortunately. I moved from the Epic Max LS

I don't have the epic Speed triple diamond unfortunately. I moved from the Epic Max LS
What did you see different? Had both 💎💎💎 Epic Speed and Max LS. Decided to go max LS rogue, because I think the triple diamond would be too much stick. What did you see in comparison?

Did some side by side testing today. Had 2 goals:

1- try Rogue ST 🔸🔸🔸 LS versus Max LS
2- get my attack angle up

Triple Diamond LS

BF1DE278-8C31-4CB1-9A7D-B98EF69758AE.jpeg
8001AABC-374F-44AB-BCF9-0186E546D66A.jpeg

Max LS

CBB2AC6A-9B54-452B-BC6D-168E8E9BA479.jpeg
4950B653-4C5D-4140-BB1B-1DE85313D7B7.jpeg

I need to work on club path, but overall very pleased with both driver heads. The Max LS was a bit less demanding than the TDLS. Love this driver.

This has a Kinetixx Launch shaft. I’m going to be testing a few out including my LIN•Q

also will test every head again, but so far both in the studio and on the course I’m getting the most consistency out of this head based on every driver released so far.
Have you been able to compare it to the new Mizuno offerings, i know they just came out today, Bud maybe you early access?

if so what were your takeaways from each?

Thanks!

Have you been able to compare it to the new Mizuno offerings, i know they just came out today, Bud maybe you early access?

if so what were your takeaways from each?

Thanks!
Havent hit the Mizuno drivers.

Did some side by side testing today. Had 2 goals:

1- try Rogue ST 🔸🔸🔸 LS versus Max LS
2- get my attack angle up

Triple Diamond LS

View attachment 9059858
View attachment 9059859

Max LS

View attachment 9059860
View attachment 9059861

I need to work on club path, but overall very pleased with both driver heads. The Max LS was a bit less demanding than the TDLS. Love this driver.

Man, this is awesome. This is exactly the pair that I want to hit. Your attack angle is plenty up, nice work! And, thanks!

9* head set to -1/N

im not a master club fitter but I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express once, did you try the 10.5* head? Curious if maybe an uptick in spin from the 10.5* head would get the spin more efficient and help raise the carry yards.

im not a master club fitter but I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express once, did you try the 10.5* head? Curious if maybe an uptick in spin from the 10.5* head would get the spin more efficient and help raise the carry yards.

i have access to other heads, and can tryout next Friday. I came from an Epic Max at 10.5, getting fit at the ECPC was told I needed to be at the opposite end of the spectrum from that 🤣

i have access to other heads, and can tryout next Friday. I came from an Epic Max at 10.5, getting fit at the ECPC was told I needed to be at the opposite end of the spectrum from that 🤣
Epic Max to Rogue Ls is about as opposite as it gets. I’m guessing it was to bring down spin from the negative AoA. I want to try the 10.5 ( usually a 9*) in the LS and see if I can optimize spin bc the ball speeds I’m seeing are intriguing

Annnnnnnd..........

Which model?
I think I hit the LS. Can‘t remember hahaha

All I know is, aside from the trash can factory of mediocrity that is my current swing, I hit some great ones. and it sounds excellent.

The Rogue is a slightly different shape and smaller at 450cc. It’s not much of a difference but you notice it side by side. In terms of forgiveness and performance on mishits, I’d say the the Rogue TD edges out the Speed TD, but that’s also on a narrower face in terms of width. I don’t think there are any significant distance gains but there are no concessions either in terms of performance and the lateral forgiveness was worth the jump for me. @Tenputt Any other questions, ask away.
The epic speed 💎💎💎 is also 450cc

Got back from league tonight and I finally found a weakness to my driver. The crown/super high toe. Ball just doesn't come out of there hot enough :LOL:

But for real, I hit one there and it scared the hell out of me. Luckily the driver is all good! Another crazy night of accuracy with this thing. I was living slightly high and slightly toe side tonight...didn't matter. Same distance, same fantastic dispersion. This line is nuts.

Now for some actual criticism. There was a reason I was fit in to the LS and that was to erase the right side of the course for me. There is some draw tendency with the Max head. The website says "Semi Draw" and I agree with that. At my N/S setting, the right side of the course is still in play. So much so tonight that I don't think I hit more than two or three baby fades (which is the shape I play for) out of about 50 swings. It doesn't hurt me on a simulator, but outside it could put me in to trouble if I'm expecting a slight fade shape. The LS sits more neutral and allows me to hit a fade when I want to.

In California with the Max, my normal fade was prevalent which worked wonders for me. But if I can't trust that to happen every time, that's when I may line up wrong and hit a slight pull when all I want to do is avoid the right side. I do hope I can try out the LS as some point and see what my shape would look like and hopefully can put my fitted specs against what I'm currently using and see if I can see a difference.

Still plenty of confidence right now though and nothing that would worry me yet. Just something I noticed tonight since my swing wasn't as dialed as it was last week.

Back