2022 Callaway Rogue ST Driver Lineup

Damn that is quite a lineup.
Not sure I have a prediction but will be here for the ensuing bombs.
Haha bombs will definitely ensue! Fairways however need to be found and that’s where I’m looking for a consistent gamer. If I want bombs, the Hulk is the ultimate swing away! With the Rogue ST LS 3 wood, that may open the door for bombs out of the big dawg. This is going to be fun 😈

After an incredibly difficult week and a half I'm ready to get this out to a SIM (hopefully later this week or early next) and to the heated shed (mat/net) set up this week. Gonna post some more thoughts after that. Appreciate all being patient with me.

Also got a Mavrik from CPO that I can test against. Beyond excited for that.

View attachment 9060680
Definitely need some sim time when I can find it to do some testing.
The Dating Candidates for my 💎💎💎 LS:
  • Diamana Kai’li 60TX Proto (45.25”, s/o @JohnnyCallaway
  • Hzrdus Smoke Green SB 60g 6.5 (46”)
  • Diamana D+ 70TX (45”)
  • UST Manila LINQ Purple 7F5 (45”, s/o to the Love Doctor himself @Tevenor)
  • Aldila Rogue White 80TX (tipped 1”, cut to 44”, build in progress)
Thinking the Hulk will be a scramble or open course only shaft, but I’m very curious about what will be the everyday gamer.

Anyone got predictions?

I think the Smoke green will be your longest, the Linq purple will be your straightest/fairway finder. I think the Kai'li is the wild card and might span both.

That crown is so good. I really hadn't planned on a new driver this year but I keep getting drawn toward these.

that makes two of us. I told friends in December I wasn’t switching because my fitting said my gamer was perfect for me. Well 5 seconds with rogue ST max changed that.

that makes two of us. I told friends in December I wasn’t switching because my fitting said my gamer was perfect for me. Well 5 seconds with rogue ST max changed that.

what was your gamer, and how was the rogue st max better?

what was your gamer, and how was the rogue st max better?

gamer is 2021 epic max Ls 9*. Didn’t record numbers exactly but in the small sample swings with av blue shaft - on monitor with 94 mph no warm up swing I was getting between 5-7 yards off line with rogue versus the usually 10-15 yards offline on course with epic.Obviously my gamer shaft is 50g versus the 60ish gram shaft in Av so results will vary but rogue st just was easier to find center of fairway using not fit for me specs

gamer is 2021 epic max Ls 9*. Didn’t record numbers exactly but in the small sample swings with av blue shaft - on monitor with 94 mph no warm up swing I was getting between 5-7 yards off line with rogue versus the usually 10-15 yards offline on course with epic.Obviously my gamer shaft is 50g versus the 60ish gram shaft in Av so results will vary but rogue st just was easier to find center of fairway using not fit for me specs

This is the trend I see in a lot of tests, and videos.

Especially in Head to Head reviews. The Rogue is generally disregarded, as the STEALTH is praised.

Even with a clear dispersion picture, and ball data put up on the screen... It's wild.

And let's not even talk about Standard deviations. This driver is something special.

Literally the first swing I’ve taken in two days no warm-up no nothing.

75FDC6EC-21DE-4C92-8A03-E1466DE4EEDB.jpeg

Especially in Head to Head reviews. The Rogue is generally disregarded, as the STEALTH is praised.

Even with a clear dispersion picture, and ball data put up on the screen... It's wild.

And let's not even talk about Standard deviations. This driver is something special.

maybe it's my own bias, but whenever i watch the stealth v rogue st videos, i come away more and more impressed with the rogue st lineup. speed and stability continues to be my takeaway. i'm still trying hard to convince myself to abstain from a purchase this year, but this one is getting hard to ignore.

maybe it's my own bias, but whenever i watch the stealth v rogue st videos, i come away more and more impressed with the rogue st lineup. speed and stability continues to be my takeaway. i'm still trying hard to convince myself to abstain from a purchase this year, but this one is getting hard to ignore.

It may be, and I may have a little as well.

But the numbers in these vids don't lie. The average golfer isn't taking anything other than "how far" into account.

But, when you look at the hard data, The Rogue is just better.

This is also what I've observed personally, in real life.

that seems like a really good spin number for you, right? you're typically on the high side?
My goal is between 2500-2900 as that is my preferred number to give me what I am looking for. I think I hit 12 balls and every one of them fell right in line with that, outside of the two that I heeled badly.

what head are you rocking?
Posted a bit ago, but I know these threads move fast and get long.
I am currently testing the Max head and this was with a Project X shaft.

Posted a bit ago, but I know these threads move fast and get long.
I am currently testing the Max head and this was with a Project X shaft.

yeah I read right over it, my bad.

interested to see your numbers on that max compared to the LS.

yeah I read right over it, my bad.

interested to see your numbers on that max compared to the LS.
The LS was a bit too low spin for me based on what I am looking for. I love the bomb you get occasionally with it, but for my game, I prefer a bit more spin. I think for those with more speed than me, the LS could be a pretty darn good head.

ive notice as you have seen the trend to gear towards a total distance number rather than trying to focus on what’s playable for the golfer swinging the club. I know distance is certainly a sticking point for most golfers but playability has been my focus since my fitting this past March

I think the Smoke green will be your longest, the Linq purple will be your straightest/fairway finder. I think the Kai'li is the wild card and might span both.
I'm very curious to see what the LINQ will do. The Kai'li is a fun wild card, and the Diamana D+ is a profile/family that I know I really like and the shaft I am going to use as a "baseline". The Smoke Green 100% will be the bomber because you need to swing aggressively to make it load, and it's an inch longer. If I put a Max head in it, that could be hilariously long and straight :ROFLMAO:

I am probably overlooking this lineup. I just didn’t get along with the Epic Speed, Max or LS at all last year.

ive notice as you have seen the trend to gear towards a total distance number rather than trying to focus on what’s playable for the golfer swinging the club. I know distance is certainly a sticking point for most golfers but playability has been my focus since my fitting this past March
I don't care so much about the distance as the consistency to stay in the fairway.
Give up distance for that any day!

Last edited:
I don't care so much about the distance as the consistency to stay in the fairway.
Give distance for that any day!

You should watch the peter finch review. Right up your alley.

That's what I've noticed also. The Stealth does seem to be a monster for head speed but overall distance is pretty close and it seems like the Rogue has a tighter dispersion in most cases. That dispersion is what really excites me.

I keeping thinking back to my Epic Flash driver and I could hit some absolute bombs with it. I don't feel like I get those with my current driver but I'm in play more. I'm thinking I may be able to get the best of both worlds from an LS.

The crazy thing is, that the Rogue usually goes just as far in all these vids.

Just seems odd is all.

The crazy thing is, that the Rogue usually goes just as far in all these vids.

Just seems odd is all.
Also interesting that the Max is being put up against the Stealth when I think teh Stealth is closer and in between the Max and the Max LS as far as profile goes.

Back