2022 Callaway Rogue ST Driver Lineup

lol @ devil powder.

The TD still is making me impressed. The golf coach that was at the sim place I was last week still plays a Epic Flash SZ on an old speeder. Says its the best combo he's ever found. I let him hit the TD LS and he immediately fell in love with the feel/sound and the look at address. He wanted to hit solid little fades and boom-boom-boom, 3 in a row first 3 swings and 15 yards longer than his Epic Flash SZ.
Soooooo is he upgrading 😁

lol @ devil powder.

The TD still is making me impressed. The golf coach that was at the sim place I was last week still plays a Epic Flash SZ on an old speeder. Says its the best combo he's ever found. I let him hit the TD LS and he immediately fell in love with the feel/sound and the look at address. He wanted to hit solid little fades and boom-boom-boom, 3 in a row first 3 swings and 15 yards longer than his Epic Flash SZ.
The TD combo with the stock Tensei white is definitely more consistent for me and appears to be longer. I had a bit of a hook swing when I tested it, which is pretty much my game right now, but with the way I typically play my home course I think out of the 50ish shots I hit only half a dozen would have gotten me in trouble. The only thing I need to fix is those low hooks that dipped under 2,000 spin. The TD seems to have eliminated my draw that just keeps going, which is huge! It’s really remarkably consistent and I can’t wait to attack courses with it.

And it sounds like that coach needs to upgrade 😆

Thoughts and some numbers from the new Rogue Max LS vs my gamer 9* Epic Max LS w/Tensei 1K 60s set to 8*
This was a true head to head.
Today the winter SS was hangin out around 100 on GC2.

Epic Max LS was spinning on average 2300 with a few misses jumping up to 2700 (high right miss) Ballspeed average 151. Longest carry was 254 and rolled out to 271

Rogue Max Ls was spinning around 1800 with a few dipping to 1600. Ballspeed average was 153. Had the longest ball at 259 rolling out to 277. That spin was a little low for me so I moved the setting back to standard. Spin jumped up to 2100 average.

Summery…Rogue Max LS, imo just looks and feels better. There’s a really nice solid crack to it. Doesn’t have that high pitch tingy sound of Epic Max LS.
The spin was lower by a few hundred rpms so lofting up is crucial. Maybe even a 10.5 lofted down or green sleeve is in order. Not a fan of closed face at address…
I think an excellent combo would be a Ventus Red or similar profile w head set at 9.5 to 10 and playing a ball w/more spin. Next time I’ll remember to bring my phone and snap a photo. Wayyyy easier to remember that way haha.

Thoughts and some numbers from the new Rogue Max LS vs my gamer 9* Epic Max LS w/Tensei 1K 60s set to 8*

Epic Max LS was spinning on average 2300 with a few misses jumping up to 2700 (high right miss) Ballspeed average 151. Longest carry was 254 and rolled out to 271

Rogue Max Ls was spinning around 1800 with a few dipping to 1600. Ballspeed average was 153. Had the longest ball at 259 rolling out to 277. That spin was a little low for me so I moved the setting back to standard. Spin jumped up to 2100 average.

Summery…Rogue Max LS, imo just looks and feels better. There’s a really nice solid crack to it. Doesn’t have that high pitch tingy sound of Epic Max LS.
The spin was lower by a few hundred rpms so lofting up is crucial. Maybe even a 10.5 lofted down or green sleeve is in order. Not a fan of closed face at address…
I think an excellent combo would be a Ventus Red or similar profile w head set at 9.5 to 10 and playing a ball w/more spin. Next time I’ll remember to bring my phone and snap a photo. Wayyyy easier to remember that way haha.
This is the exact data I have been looking for!!! I have the EPIC Max LS 9* currently and was wondering number wise how the Rogue Max LS would go against it. That being said, I really like the sound differences you state. To me, not that it bothers me really, but you can you notices the high pitch tingy sound like you say on the EPIC Max LS. I really need to get to my fitter and see if he will let me hit the Rogue Max LS in the bays. I had my EPIC Max LS set to -1/D with the weight all the way in the heal and the MMT 60x in it, but made a change to a universal adapter and the adjustments are in .75 increments along with putting the LIN-Q Purple in it, so I have it ready at -.75/D (8.25*) and moved the sliding weight to center. I'm very interested in how this does, plus have the new UST shaft coming from The Rivalry, so really trying to wait until I can get that shaft as well to do some testing in the bays and make a decision on whether I should trade my EPIC Max LS and Radspeed XB (which I hit really good) for a new Rogue ST Max LS. The weight in the back of the XB and now the Rogue ST got me thinking, and that's why I moved the weight to the center/back in my EPIC Max LS. Just haven't been able to get out with it yet as I got covid and just coming out of quarantine.

Ughhh glad to hear your at the end of QT man! Look forward to hearing your thoughts once you hit the bays. I was honestly surprised by how low spinning it was compared to my gamer in the exact same settings. It’s def a different beast! My dispersion was improved with the Rogue…spin never jumped up like my gamer. Once I got the loft right with the proper amount of spin things got even tighter. Is it worth the switch? To me a big YES.

I'm excited to say I can dust off my Grandaddy driver headcover again because a Rogue has been ordered! Here's the setup I decided on.

Rogue ST Triple Diamond LS 10.5*
Mitsubishi Tensei Blue 65 stiff
Standard length

I absolutely fell in love with the look of the matte crown and the shape of the Triple Diamond and the sound is just so good. I have a LIN-Q Gunmetal that I'll get a Callaway adapter installed on to play around with also. I am super excited to get this bad boy in the bad!

20220126_111220.jpg

Oh to peel plastic and hurt myself hitting or leave will enough alone... :unsure:

Go hit it already!
Well I have already with most. I have a really hard time leaving plastic on a club though. Like, really hard time. Shaft sticker, fine. Head plastic, THAT NEEDS TO COME OFF RIGHT NOWWWW!

Well I have already with most. I have a really hard time leaving plastic on a club though. Like, really hard time. Shaft sticker, fine. Head plastic, THAT NEEDS TO COME OFF RIGHT NOWWWW!

true that!

My buddy had a fitting yesterday and got fit into the Rogue Max with stock Tensei Blue. He’s upgrading from an RBZ driver and said he picked up 20 yards. Now I’m scared to play him 😆

can't wait for my demo day fitting on Friday....

Completely agree with your assessment. The Rogue ST line spins less.

Of course everyone's mileage will vary, but a certain YT reviewer reviewed the Max, Max LS and tripD and it seemed to me his best results were with the Max.

I'd like to tell myself to focus on one of the 3 heads, but if/when I get a chance to hit them, will likely give all 3 an equal shot...

I'm excited to say I can dust off my Grandaddy driver headcover again because a Rogue has been ordered! Here's the setup I decided on.

Rogue ST Triple Diamond LS 10.5*
Mitsubishi Tensei Blue 65 stiff
Standard length

I absolutely fell in love with the look of the matte crown and the shape of the Triple Diamond and the sound is just so good. I have a LIN-Q Gunmetal that I'll get a Callaway adapter installed on to play around with also. I am super excited to get this bad boy in the bad!
I have a feeling I will be trading in my EPIC Max LS and RadSpeed XB for one of these soon.

Last edited:
I do like the sound of the line better overall this year. They're a little more similar. I think the new drivers coming out across the oems are actually more similar overall than recently too. Seems like a good year for sound.

I do like the sound of the line better overall this year. They're a little more similar. I think the new drivers coming out across the oems are actually more similar overall than recently too. Seems like a good year for sound.
Sounds like it!

Did you were your "Golf Shoes"? I don't want to read that you tested them without them on.
The fact that you don't think I keep golf shoes, and my own testing balls, and a bunch of my own clubs in my truck at all times for this kind of thing really hurts me @Iceman! 🥶 😰

lol @ devil powder.

It’s insanely underrated and more forgiving than most Youtube reviewers give it credit for. If your miss is left, you should give it a try.

The fact that you don't think I keep golf shoes, and my own testing balls, and a bunch of my own clubs in my truck at all times for this kind of thing really hurts me @Iceman! 🥶 😰
But the question is...is it true? :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Back