2022 Cobra Golf KING Forged Tec and Forged TEC X Irons

Great video, super informative and a useful comparison.

I know @Canadan is a high ball hitter but peak height of 135ft and 52* descent angles :oops: Spin also seems quite low, not so much on the FTX but the FT I thought/hoped would be higher
I've done quite a lot of testing in the Tech Studio, and I'd be pretty comfortable calling that my 'window' with setups like this.

I don't think any of these windows are 'shocking' compared to others I have done.

For me, the X was noticeably more stable on off center strikes. Dan is such a good ball striker with a lot of speed, the dispersion does not manifest itself. For more mortal players, there really is a difference. The X is going to let you get away with a miss that the regular FT would not.
I am a little more than a bit disappointed that I wasn't able to show the other set with the FTx, as it was pretty spectacular, but I do think having the second set in there is a wonderful representation of what these heads accomplished, which was mostly face angle driven results. The fact that I could create that amount of deviation and maintain a consistent carry circle is awesome to see - and telling of what the heads are capable of.

If I were in the market for a new iron set these would get a hard look.

Curious why there's not a Forged Tex OL. The regular new forged tecs seem to be designed to be slightly more demanding than the last Gen KFT. At least that's my read on it.

I've done quite a lot of testing in the Tech Studio, and I'd be pretty comfortable calling that my 'window' with setups like this.

I don't think any of these windows are 'shocking' compared to others I have done.
I wouldn't call the numbers shocking. I was more referring to the spin difference or lack thereof

Anyone hit the X with an 75 -80 mph 7 iron swing speed? What were your launch, peak height, and and descent numbers?

Good looking irons thats for sure. I wish Cobra would just put their symbol on that back in a small font to keep it clean.

Great article @ddec and video @Canadan !
These new Forged Tecs have me intrigued and I need to get out and hit them to see how they perform for me.

Will be interesting to see how the stock shafts play out. I would assume they have already procured enough for initial launch

Can't lie, those FTx just jumped to the top tier of irons I want for my next set. Look great, and the added benefit of forgiveness? Cobra now has two irons squarely on my radar when I'm ready to replace my current irons 🔥

Will be interesting to see how the stock shafts play out. I would assume they have already procured enough for initial launch
Internet golfers are always prepared to make changes to a new set of sticks when they arrive :ROFLMAO:

@jdtox my reasoning for choosing the FT over FT X is if they are so similar, I would prefer the slightly less offset and sole width in the FT.

I have a half baked theory that maybe @Canadan is too good for us to really see a huge difference? A couple months ago I built a T-Rail 6i as an experimental transition club between my 5h and 7i, same shaft as my irons. The offset and loft of the T-Rail 6i are virtually the same as the 2020 FT. I got a couple yards extra height with the T-Rail but otherwise they were nearly the same. From that limited trial my conclusion was I wasn't really hitting the T-Rail un-solid enough to see a meaningful difference vs the FT. Maybe something like that going on here? Like the closer you hit the 2 models to solid, the more the performance converges, and the more you don't the more it diverges.

I am a little more than a bit disappointed that I wasn't able to show the other set with the FTx, as it was pretty spectacular, but I do think having the second set in there is a wonderful representation of what these heads accomplished, which was mostly face angle driven results. The fact that I could create that amount of deviation and maintain a consistent carry circle is awesome to see - and telling of what the heads are capable of.
I felt so bad for you man. I finally got to watch and when I had an audible reaction wife asked what was wrong, and then I got yelled at for her thinking someone was sick or hurt when it was "about GOLF 🙄" lol Sucks when something like that happens though, because you can't just start from scratch. Won't be the same. Turned out good though!

I felt so bad for you man. I finally got to watch and when I had an audible reaction wife asked what was wrong, and then I got yelled at for her thinking someone was sick or hurt when it was "about GOLF 🙄" lol Sucks when something like that happens though, because you can't just start from scratch. Won't be the same. Turned out good though!
I can't really think of much worse from a video perspective than losing out on a first look session where the results are surprising (and wildly impressive). It's just one of those things where you have to nut up and get it done - but it also proved quite beneficial I suppose, considering the secondary run with FTx was less impressive but also very indicative of what they are capable of (equitable distance with a variant strike).

Either way, it's like unwrapping a gift, wrapping it up, and unwrapping it again.

Circling back on Dean's work on the homepage, it's super interesting to see the internals and read about the foam insert.

I'm pretty high on Cobra's sound efforts over the last few iterations of their hollow body - and this is no exception. While I agree that there are multiple ways to accomplish a great sound, I really think they've done wonderful things in this regard.

I was impressed when I was able to try these. Good looks. Very solid feel for a hollow iron.

9632D74F-50F3-4722-A93F-B0D59AB3E051.jpeg

Anybody have side by side comparison pics of the new models vs the 2020 Forged Tecs?

Great write up @ddec and great video @Canadan. I hit a few with the forged tec on Thursday and really liked how they felt and looked. If I didn’t already pick up a second set this year I’m pretty sure these would have gotten a chance309D5886-8921-4B03-BACA-01BBF3855A36.jpegACFCC4E4-3058-4A2D-9304-DFA60486C78C.jpegEDC8AB29-EA26-48C7-9593-99897E3A9452.jpeg

going with a buddy today to the PGASS to hit these. He's been wanting new irons for a while and keeps going back and forth on new irons or reshafting his Ping g425 that just don't fit him quite right. Looking forward to hitting them and I"ll post thoughts when I get home.

Went on the Canadian site to check them out and potentially order my wife a set. Which head would compare to the Taylormade rbz irons size wise the most?

Where are you all finding these to hit? I have a half day and am ready to go searching

These might be the best looking Cobra irons, ever. Subtle little hints of Fly-Z+ and other previous Forged sets in these.

A transition from Speedzone or RadSpeed to the X looks like it would be seamless, too.

These might be the best looking Cobra irons, ever. Subtle little hints of Fly-Z+ and other previous Forged sets in these.

A transition from Speedzone or RadSpeed to the X looks like it would be seamless, too.
I think LTDx has something to say about that :ROFLMAO:

Where are you all finding these to hit? I have a half day and am ready to go searching
Most of the big places should have heads out today. PGA, the Worldwide Shops, etc. I know one of our smaller locals does too.

Back