2022 Cobra Golf KING Forged Tec and Forged TEC X Irons

YukonLiving

Morgan Cup 2022 - Team Hackers
Albatross 2022 Club
Reaction score
I’m slowly improving my mechanics. And I’m starting to see some of the reported FTx distance gains!

when I actually compress the ball theses irons are impressive
They really are!! What kind of distances are you seeing?

mtbloco

Go Blue! #TeamParadise
Albatross 2022 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
They really are!! What kind of distances are you seeing?
I’m no long hitter. I’m getting back to the level I had from my previous irons. It’s been a struggle getting comfortable. But a lot of that was due to a nagging lower back and left arch injury.

YukonLiving

Morgan Cup 2022 - Team Hackers
Albatross 2022 Club
Reaction score
I’m no long hitter. I’m getting back to the level I had from my previous irons. It’s been a struggle getting comfortable. But a lot of that was due to a nagging lower back and left arch injury.
Everyone has their distances - I was meaning more along the lines of distance gains from your previous.

mtbloco

Go Blue! #TeamParadise
Albatross 2022 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
Everyone has their distances - I was meaning more along the lines of distance gains from your previous.
I’m back to what I was getting from my previous irons on good strikes.

Last edited:

MagicSpell

Team Hackers in 2022 Morgan Cup
Albatross 2022 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
18 ish
View attachment 9120802
This was the view on hole 9 of a close match with a buddy today. Needed to win it to secure the match and take home some cash. 171 yards playing slightly down with a touch of wind to the back. Pulled the FTx 9 iron and went after it! Baby cut landing a couple feet from the pin leaving me a five footer that I drained for the W. FTx came through today, loving them.
That’s an awesome 9i !! Well done

Raiderboost

2022 Morgan Cup Participant- #TeamHackers
Albatross 2022 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
I got the shafts on mine changed out from the ProModus3 130 X to the C-Taper lite 115x. Swing weight dropped from E4 to D2. I was able to hit a few balls last night before a meeting at the club and the difference was immediately felt. My contact improved dramatically and the distance was back up to where I expected. The feeling of the Forged Tec when stuck in the sweet spot feels so pure. The ability to work the ball with a little draw or fade is much easier than my old Cobra S3’s. Looking forward to getting on the course with them this weekend.

mtbloco

Go Blue! #TeamParadise
Albatross 2022 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
Mine settled down too but the mid irons do have some heat on them when you get ‘em airborne
I’m starting to swing more freely with them which was the biggest issue adjusting. 💯 the player not the equipment.

MWard

Not responsible for what JB puts here
Albatross 2022 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Handicap
I’m starting to swing more freely with them which was the biggest issue adjusting. 💯 the player not the equipment.
Agreed. Going back to steel from graphite took a hot minute but once I adjusted again to the weight, smooth sailing

willplaysgolf

2022 Morgan Cup - Team Paradise
Albatross 2022 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
I got the shafts on mine changed out from the ProModus3 130 X to the C-Taper lite 115x. Swing weight dropped from E4 to D2. I was able to hit a few balls last night before a meeting at the club and the difference was immediately felt. My contact improved dramatically and the distance was back up to where I expected. The feeling of the Forged Tec when stuck in the sweet spot feels so pure. The ability to work the ball with a little draw or fade is much easier than my old Cobra S3’s. Looking forward to getting on the course with them this weekend.
Are you sure they weren't D4 before? going between those 2 shafts should only change a couple points

Raiderboost

2022 Morgan Cup Participant- #TeamHackers
Albatross 2022 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
Are you sure they weren't D4 before? going between those 2 shafts should only change a couple points
They went from 129g shaft to 115g. My old irons were D2 and the new ones with the Nippons felt way heavier so I'm pretty sure they were the E4. It was like swinging a sledge hammer haha. I don't think 2 points would have made that drastic of a difference.

Nick20UK

Reaction score
Decided to order the Forged Tecs :p

That makes 3 different sets in 18 months for me now! It has taken me a while to home in on what I really want from a modern set, but I'm now very happy with the feel of these irons, still with plenty of forgiveness, great looks, and in the OL setup which I'm now very comfortable with.

I don't plan on changing these for a few years now put it that way!

Ultimately went 6-GW with a OL hybrid replacing the 5i, which I always struggled to get decent height with due to my moderate swing speed. I actually found a still brand new fitting club online, a LTDx 4/5 Hybrid that can be adjusted between 21-24 deg. That'll help me dial in the correct gaps between the irons and woods.

For the same height reason, I've gone back to graphite shafts - KBS PGI 75s. Lighter shafts than my Modus 105s and easier to swing and get better peak height. Descent angles are important for me as I don't generate lots of spin.

Welcome to The Hackers Paradise

Don't just play golf, live it!

Register Log in