2022 Cobra Golf KING Forged Tec and Forged TEC X Irons

ddec

I have many leather-bound books
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Handicap
The Driver
Cobra’s latest irons might not go down as one of the world’s best-kept secrets, but that doesn’t make the official announcement of the new Forged Tec lineup any less exciting. Golfers were first introduced to Forged Tec back in 2015, and with each release, Cobra has taken the technology and form factor to the next level. After a lengthy wait, today we finally get our first look at the new KING Forged TEC and Forged TEC X irons from Cobra Golf. 

Cobra-King-Forged-Tec-Irons-1.jpeg

When Cobra introduced the original Forged Tec irons, they firmly cemented themselves in the player’s distance category. Forged Tec has a history of offering fast ball speeds, strong lofts, and a footprint that...

Continue reading...

Last edited by a moderator:
YESSSSSSS! Long awaited. This thread is gonna go nuts today.

Great info from @ddec and awesome comparison of the irons by @Canadan

They're here!!!

And we’re off!

Awesome. Dan's a beast with those 7 irons 💪🏻

That is a great video @Canadan , although I’m not sure I’m more impressed with the irons or the continual 190 yard 7 irons onto the green!

Absolute ponder mode engaged here now, the FT looks and performs incredibly, but the FTx is starting to speak to me. Need to have these in hand as soon as possible!

134 ball speed 😳

Nice write up Dean and good video Dan. I really think these are a nice improvement visually, and they have even more tech packed into them. Great performance on the video. I look forward to giving them a demo once they are available.

Great work, @ddec! @Canadan, I’m curious about what appears to significantly similar peak height and descent angles. What were those numbers for you?

I’m really liking Cobra’s spread of irons. So many really solid options that are hard to pass up. The new iteration of Forged TEC looks great!

I really want to see how the FTX plays for me. It doesn’t look too bad but I could always use the extra help.

Oh yeah!!! Great write up and video gents!

@ddec great breakdown of all the tech! Definitely much more under the hood than the speculation suggested imo.

@Canadan excellent stuff in the THPTV head to head of the two irons. The sound definitely seems like Cobra came correct and the data is just staggering for speed, but the spin is what caught my eye the most. Great stuff.

Great article @ddec! Really enjoyed hearing more details about these sweet clubs

Finally we have info! Seems like we have been waiting forever on these. Enjoyed the write up and video. I was hoping to see a bigger spin difference between the 2 heads but these sound like a ton of fun.

Fantastic article @ddec! And diving into @Canadan video now. Irons look crazy good, I really like how the design team approached these updates.

Great write and video from Dan, these are going to be popular with a lot of THP’ers that hit them.

Great write up @ddec! I will have to dig into the video comparison later, the FT’s continue to impress me and I’m intrigued on how they improved this years offering.

The day has come 👍👍👍 Nice article. Cant wait to get the FT in my hands.

Excellent write up @ddec! Glad the embargo is finally lifted and enjoyed your video @Canadan

Great write-up and video. Definitely a solid looking lineup.

Interesting there wasn’t a ton of difference between them for you in distance or backspin @Canadan. Camera challenges aside, I definitely saw the more penetrating flight of the x

I’ve been looking forward to this release a lot! Great write up @ddec!

And now to go watch @Canadan on THP Golf TV!

The THP TV video is 🔥🔥🔥. Nice job @Canadan. It is wild how much more Tungsten the FTx have in them @ 65g. That is a huge amount of weight. Very interesting that they were able to remove that much material elsewhere in the head in order to be able to concentrate that much mass exactly where they want.

Back