2022 Cobra Golf KING Forged Tec and Forged TEC X Irons

I’m not seeing 200 yard 7 irons. but I’m seeing proper gapping with this 1° weak build.

View attachment 9110541
And I’ve been able to get the PW to carry different distances depending on set up & swing.

Positive results so far with the UST Mamiya Recoil 110s, I might not change the shafts after thinking I would absolutely be putting Recoil 95 or 110 Protos in them post order.
That is perfect gapping right there Captain, nice!

What was your gap looking like between the 7 & 8? It looks like we are pretty close on our 7i numbers. I’ll seeing a big drop from the 7 to 8. Enough so that I’m going to have my loft checked.
I was getting the 8i out to 180 😂 The gapping there looks pretty decent, but bear in mind that this was on a TrackMan range so not in any way real life data, and only a dozen or so balls with each one. Am playing tonight so that will be the acid test because it’s looking like being a tiny bit windy! The gap I’m most worried about is PW to GW but can manipulate the PW hopefully to cover those.

I was getting the 8i out to 180 😂 The gapping there looks pretty decent, but bear in mind that this was on a TrackMan range so not in any way real life data, and only a dozen or so balls with each one. Am playing tonight so that will be the acid test because it’s looking like being a tiny bit windy! The gap I’m most worried about is PW to GW but can manipulate the PW hopefully to cover those.
Interesting. I’m definitely going to have to get mine checked out. I’m seeing about a 25yd gap between 7 & 8. My PW & GW have been good with a 13yd gap but I have the set GW.

Finally got these out on the course today - very impressed so far. They are definitely long, so the only hiccup was I flew the green twice, but both times the ball was right at the flag. Stuck the set gap wedge to 2 feet on the final hole. No trouble stopping these for me, thankfully. These get up nice and high.

Thing that stood out to me today was the feel. These feel so good compared to the many in this category I've hit and played. Cobra really nailed the feel.

I also just get along really well with KBS shafts for whatever reason. The Tour Lites in stiff have been excellent.

Titleist T100 irons aren't going anywhere, but these are really fun and they will definitely get a lot of play in my bag.

Played with these today, gosh these are fun. They just come off so solid and with awesome stopping power. Did have an issue where I was 150 into the wind and then smoked it through the wind over the green, but that was the only real issue today. The rest, great yardage, a few misses left and right but they were user error and not club error. Still hit the green, just a little pushy and pully.

First full round in the bag with these last night and just as @MWard said, the FTx irons are just great fun! I wasn't having the greatest of ball striking days, so was a little hit and miss for the front 9 but they are just so solid. Couple of moments of indecision as to distances which lead to a couple of balls falling short of the green when I over estimated the carry but that will all sort itself out with a few more rounds.

Really lovely clubs to look at, and there is nothing except confidence when standing over them. Ball flight exactly where it needs to be, and landing softly. I would possibly say that they don't feel quite as soft as the previous FT, but that could be down more to the strike than anything else - possibly even the ball, so more thoughts will follow..

As expected, did find quite a large gap between the PW and the 50 degree which is going to take a bit of tweaking for sure, but again that is just a case of playing more and working things out. Overall, am hugely excited about really dialing these in, they are going to be nothing but good for my game.

I’m not seeing 200 yard 7 irons. but I’m seeing proper gapping with this 1° weak build.

View attachment 9110541
And I’ve been able to get the PW to carry different distances depending on set up & swing.

Positive results so far with the UST Mamiya Recoil 110s, I might not change the shafts after thinking I would absolutely be putting Recoil 95 or 110 Protos in them post order.

Absolutely beautiful gapping here Cap, this is ideal.

First full round in the bag with these last night and just as @MWard said, the FTx irons are just great fun! I wasn't having the greatest of ball striking days, so was a little hit and miss for the front 9 but they are just so solid. Couple of moments of indecision as to distances which lead to a couple of balls falling short of the green when I over estimated the carry but that will all sort itself out with a few more rounds.

Really lovely clubs to look at, and there is nothing except confidence when standing over them. Ball flight exactly where it needs to be, and landing softly. I would possibly say that they don't feel quite as soft as the previous FT, but that could be down more to the strike than anything else - possibly even the ball, so more thoughts will follow..

As expected, did find quite a large gap between the PW and the 50 degree which is going to take a bit of tweaking for sure, but again that is just a case of playing more and working things out. Overall, am hugely excited about really dialing these in, they are going to be nothing but good for my game.

It is interesting you say they don’t seem as soft as the previous FT. When I was playing @gkeller813 last years FT’s they seemed like they had a harder feel but maybe I just wasn’t striking them great. @gkeller813 you NEED to hit these and share some thoughts in comparison to your FT’s.

The feel of the FTx in my opinion is the best feeling iron I have ever hit. I really can’t get over it. Sooo fun to play.

It is interesting you say they don’t seem as soft as the previous FT. When I was playing @gkeller813 last years FT’s they seemed like they had a harder feel but maybe I just wasn’t striking them great. @gkeller813 you NEED to hit these and share some thoughts in comparison to your FT’s.

The feel of the FTx in my opinion is the best feeling iron I have ever hit. I really can’t get over it. Sooo fun to play.
Well lets set something up then! Sounds like an evening 9 at Sable is in order.

[

View attachment 9110541

I fell a few pages behind on this thread I guess, but catching up on your last few posts like this, it just looks like these things were made for you. Some of those individual numbers I was nodding along with, and would have been regardless of what clubs they were. Very cool.

Last edited:

It's funny how feel can be so subjective! I think it's mainly down to the amount of time I put in with the last set and that I've only had one round and a couple of shortish range sessions with the others, so probably haven't quite hit my groove with them yet. That won't take long to iron out, intend to be dialling them in after work most days from here on in - they really are phenomenal clubs in pretty much every way.

Impossible to hit all of you individually, so I’ll just say that you all are doing a great job at providing info on these irons. Seems like almost a no-brainer to at least try them out.

I swear it's almost as if the FTx knew a change was coming. I'm getting more comfortable with distances I'm seeing with one exception.... That darn GW is giving me fits. Swung these very well this morning making me hesitate ever so slightly but I will be moving forward with a shaft change. Can always put these back in if it doesn't work out.

I swear it's almost as if the FTx knew a change was coming. I'm getting more comfortable with distances I'm seeing with one exception.... That darn GW is giving me fits. Swung these very well this morning making me hesitate ever so slightly but I will be moving forward with a shaft change. Can always put these back in if it doesn't work out.
Remind me what you're swapping on into?

PX LZ a shaft I am very familiar with
That's what I thought. A friend here has them in his Tec X. I have personal issues with those shafts because of my swing, but I will say that's a pretty sweet feeling combo. It feels like combo setup does about 95% of the work for you. Silly easy even in a bad fit. With you being plenty familiar it's my money is on it being seriously spicy. 🌶️

That's what I thought. A friend here has them in his Tec X. I have personal issues with those shafts because of my swing, but I will say that's a pretty sweet feeling combo. It feels like combo setup does about 95% of the work for you. Silly easy even in a bad fit. With you being plenty familiar it's my money is on it being seriously spicy. 🌶
Thats what I'm hoping for :cool:

Thats what I'm hoping for :cool:
Clubs know when they are on the block.
I feel that the FTx will come alive for you when you’re able to swing comfortably. The new shafts will do that for you!

When I actually put a good swing on them, they come alive for me. It’s been a process to get there. But I’m also trying to learn a tweak to my swing.

I did a thing ..

Shaft swap complete and will go right to the fire tonight for league play. Whole setup looks amazing now that its all paradise blue ;):cool:

IMG_2539.jpgIMG_2536.jpg

Back