2022 Cobra Golf KING Forged Tec and Forged TEC X Irons

I’m slowly improving my mechanics. And I’m starting to see some of the reported FTx distance gains!

when I actually compress the ball theses irons are impressive
They really are!! What kind of distances are you seeing?

They really are!! What kind of distances are you seeing?
I’m no long hitter. I’m getting back to the level I had from my previous irons. It’s been a struggle getting comfortable. But a lot of that was due to a nagging lower back and left arch injury.

I’m no long hitter. I’m getting back to the level I had from my previous irons. It’s been a struggle getting comfortable. But a lot of that was due to a nagging lower back and left arch injury.
Everyone has their distances - I was meaning more along the lines of distance gains from your previous.

Everyone has their distances - I was meaning more along the lines of distance gains from your previous.
I’m back to what I was getting from my previous irons on good strikes.

Last edited:
View attachment 9120802
This was the view on hole 9 of a close match with a buddy today. Needed to win it to secure the match and take home some cash. 171 yards playing slightly down with a touch of wind to the back. Pulled the FTx 9 iron and went after it! Baby cut landing a couple feet from the pin leaving me a five footer that I drained for the W. FTx came through today, loving them.
That’s an awesome 9i !! Well done

I got the shafts on mine changed out from the ProModus3 130 X to the C-Taper lite 115x. Swing weight dropped from E4 to D2. I was able to hit a few balls last night before a meeting at the club and the difference was immediately felt. My contact improved dramatically and the distance was back up to where I expected. The feeling of the Forged Tec when stuck in the sweet spot feels so pure. The ability to work the ball with a little draw or fade is much easier than my old Cobra S3’s. Looking forward to getting on the course with them this weekend.

I’m back to what I was getting from my previous irons on good strikes.
Mine settled down too but the mid irons do have some heat on them when you get ‘em airborne

Mine settled down too but the mid irons do have some heat on them when you get ‘em airborne
I’m starting to swing more freely with them which was the biggest issue adjusting. 💯 the player not the equipment.

I’m starting to swing more freely with them which was the biggest issue adjusting. 💯 the player not the equipment.
Agreed. Going back to steel from graphite took a hot minute but once I adjusted again to the weight, smooth sailing

I got the shafts on mine changed out from the ProModus3 130 X to the C-Taper lite 115x. Swing weight dropped from E4 to D2. I was able to hit a few balls last night before a meeting at the club and the difference was immediately felt. My contact improved dramatically and the distance was back up to where I expected. The feeling of the Forged Tec when stuck in the sweet spot feels so pure. The ability to work the ball with a little draw or fade is much easier than my old Cobra S3’s. Looking forward to getting on the course with them this weekend.
Are you sure they weren't D4 before? going between those 2 shafts should only change a couple points

Are you sure they weren't D4 before? going between those 2 shafts should only change a couple points
They went from 129g shaft to 115g. My old irons were D2 and the new ones with the Nippons felt way heavier so I'm pretty sure they were the E4. It was like swinging a sledge hammer haha. I don't think 2 points would have made that drastic of a difference.

Decided to order the Forged Tecs :p

That makes 3 different sets in 18 months for me now! It has taken me a while to home in on what I really want from a modern set, but I'm now very happy with the feel of these irons, still with plenty of forgiveness, great looks, and in the OL setup which I'm now very comfortable with.

I don't plan on changing these for a few years now put it that way!

Ultimately went 6-GW with a OL hybrid replacing the 5i, which I always struggled to get decent height with due to my moderate swing speed. I actually found a still brand new fitting club online, a LTDx 4/5 Hybrid that can be adjusted between 21-24 deg. That'll help me dial in the correct gaps between the irons and woods.

For the same height reason, I've gone back to graphite shafts - KBS PGI 75s. Lighter shafts than my Modus 105s and easier to swing and get better peak height. Descent angles are important for me as I don't generate lots of spin.

Got to swing the X on course a few times. Definitely want to get some more swings in, but feel and performance were what I was expecting. First swing hit it flush and took dead aim at the flagstick. 10 feet past the hole, and a yard or 2 right. So 3-4 yards further than my current gamer on the same hole.

Next swing caught it a bit low, felt it, and the ball ended up pretty good, all things considered, short of the green but playable.

Both swings off the tee, but definitely need to hit it from the fairway. Clubs look great in hand, and I want to spend some more time with them for sure!

Got to swing the X on course a few times. Definitely want to get some more swings in, but feel and performance were what I was expecting. First swing hit it flush and took dead aim at the flagstick. 10 feet past the hole, and a yard or 2 right. So 3-4 yards further than my current gamer on the same hole.

Next swing caught it a bit low, felt it, and the ball ended up pretty good, all things considered, short of the green but playable.

Both swings off the tee, but definitely need to hit it from the fairway. Clubs look great in hand, and I want to spend some more time with them for sure!
I've been pretty impressed with how well the Forged Tecs perform on thin shots

The Tec X sound forgiving. Which irons would you compare these to? Stealth? Or a ZX5?

I've been pretty impressed with how well the Forged Tecs perform on thin shots
I’ll agree with this. Before changing the shafts I was catching a bunch thin and they still performed really well.

The Tec X sound forgiving. Which irons would you compare these to? Stealth? Or a ZX5?
I haven't hit the stealth but definitely in the ZX5 arena maybe even ZX4 but smaller

I haven't hit the stealth but definitely in the ZX5 arena maybe even ZX4 but smaller
They are longer than the ZX5s in a similar footprint.

They are longer than the ZX5s in a similar footprint.
I find the opposite in terms of distance. Every golfer is so different.

Forged Tec X were awesome during the Morgan Cup. The distance gains and ability to still stop the ball even with lower lofted irons was on point, so much fun to hit. @Master Yagley and his team created something special with these. The sound of a flushed one just makes you smile.

Forged Tec X were awesome during the Morgan Cup. The distance gains and ability to still stop the ball even with lower lofted irons was on point, so much fun to hit. @Master Yagley and his team created something special with these. The sound of a flushed one just makes you smile.
YEs they are. it took me some time to get used to them. Mainly due to issues with my back and foot. But that sound when you flush one! My regular playing buddies (@MSEASU ) doesn't even have to look at my shot. He knows when I hit a great one by the sound.

Hit some solid shots with these over the last few days. Some not so great ones, but that was more a me thing than an it thing.

Best shots that come to mind both involved 5i, one from 200 or so on a par 3 to 20ft, the other a 5i from 161 to 7-8ft. Both were just hit solid and held their lines beautifully.

Even used an 8i ad a bump and run from 6 paces off the green to a back pin that I hit to about 4ft to keep a great round going.

Some of the most solid irons I’ve ever gamed, it’s gonna need to take something really good to boot these out of the bag.

Hit some solid shots with these over the last few days. Some not so great ones, but that was more a me thing than an it thing.

Best shots that come to mind both involved 5i, one from 200 or so on a par 3 to 20ft, the other a 5i from 161 to 7-8ft. Both were just hit solid and held their lines beautifully.

Even used an 8i ad a bump and run from 6 paces off the green to a back pin that I hit to about 4ft to keep a great round going.

Some of the most solid irons I’ve ever gamed, it’s gonna need to take something really good to boot these out of the bag.
That tee shot on Hole 11 over the water was a straight up golf shot!

Back