2022 Cobra LTD Drivers and Fairways

Status
Not open for further replies.
Damn I’m jealous and I am excited to see the fairways, really didn’t love the way those looked. The tour versions were much better looking than the standard. Based on those comments I’m assuming you have hit? How’s the sound?
Ironic for the 1 person that is guaranteed a full bag of the new Cobra stuff to be jealous!!
Haha

Oh, read your post as you thought one was glossy and one less so? just curious which was which?
Well there's two different finishes on the line. The standard black matte-ish and the sparkle pony blue matte, lol, or whatever it was. Although I'm not sure about in hybrid. I only saw standard hybrid.

I'm sure a bunch more details will come out, and surely some in hand pictures will leak now that they're making the rounds.

The uneven weights thing is interesting. Like the 12g and 3g. That's different, but there might be something in it for me.

Well hello there! Can’t wait to learn more about these when the time comes!

Saw these pics last week and they look awesome! LTD was a great driver.

Ironic for the 1 person that is guaranteed a full bag of the new Cobra stuff to be jealous!!
Haha
I was referring to being able to see and hit it weeks before any of us regular folk haha

I'm sure a bunch more details will come out, and surely some in hand pictures will leak now that they're making the rounds.

The uneven weights thing is interesting. Like the 12g and 3g. That's different, but there might be something in it for me.
Those uneven weights are really intriguing. Slight heel/toe weighting off the centre line and that close to the face seems similar to the effects of the sliding weights like the M1 driver from years back. I wonder how measurable/tangible (through feel) it is.

The LTD was one of my favorite drivers ever so I'm pumped to learn more about this one.

I'm disappointed there's no space port though. Nothing was better than pulling up to the tee box of a scramble, spinning the cover off and pulling out a couple of gummy worms from the head.

Think I have hit 1, One, only 1 cobra driver in my life and it was good.

Would definitely like to see this in person along with hit it, even though my RadSpeed XB is doing so well!

This driver looks fire as can be. That weight being centered on the sole instead of right up by the face is a real interesting feature in the OP photo.

Really interested to see what the MSRP will be on these. Cobra has always been mid tier pricing wise. Hoping they don’t go Ping and TaylorMade on everyone with price hikes.

@OldandStiff does the face come over top line like the radspeed? I can’t really tell in the pictures

Last edited:
These look great. Yags and Jose were foaming at mouth speaking of them. Then Yags fits with 15 yard increase....That's some fire there...

I’m beyond excited to get this in the bag!

Really interested to see what the MSRP will be on these. Cobra has always been mid tier pricing wise. Hoping they don’t go Ping and TaylorMade on everyone with price hikes.
Are people still thinking TM will be a ridiculous price? I heard there were some crazy numbers being thrown around, but they're not that crazy. A bit more, but not crazy.

I am hearing a $70 increase for the new(stealthy)model. Wasn't Sim originally $499 and then Sim 2 at $529? I could be wrong on that.

Oh hello....!! Those look absolutely incredible, excitement is real! Peacoat/Red coming back, and the LS looks like it could be right in my sights already.

This is going to be a huge year for Cobra.

Tried a few Cobra drivers in the past when I was being fitted but they just didn't work for me, so it will be interesting to see if any of these fit me any better

I thought I had read somewhere the infinity face that wrapped up over the top line was gone next year but it sure looks like it’s there in the pictures? Kinda hard to tell though
@OldandStiff does the face come over top line like the radspeed? I can’t really tell in the pictures
I read elsewhere that it doesn't wrap over the top lip of the crown like the Radspeed but stops just shy of the crown this time.

Tried a few Cobra drivers in the past when I was being fitted but they just didn't work for me, so it will be interesting to see if any of these fit me any better
Did you try the Radspeed at all? From memory you play the Sub Zero? The standard Rad would probably be a good fit for you I think.

Did you try the Radspeed at all? From memory you play the Sub Zero? The standard Rad would probably be a good fit for you I think.
Yeah, I have the Epic Flash Sub Zero in my bag

No, never hit the Radspeed line as I didn't feel like I could give it my best shot this year with my health problems so have just stuck with the Epic Flash. I was considering a shaft change due to excess spin as my swing came back and picked up some speed, but just never got round to it. Can still get it out there 280yd+ on good days so not in a big hurry to find something new, but I might try some new stuff next year and see what happens

Cobra makes such great clubs all round but that LZ with an RDX Blue sounds like a lethal combination. Looking forward to seeing what comes out in irons as well in 2022.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back