2022 Driver Fitting Thread

I always have a hard time resisting pre-order of new releases. Sometimes I just am to impatient to wait for a fitting. I had something in my cart today, but am trying to stay strong and get fit.DED7917D-4E66-4484-BF5E-A9F2B6F1842F.png

I would LOVE to have a fitting for a Driver. heck i would love to go through the whole bag, cannot remember the last time i did that.

Was conversing with @Triple Frak about driver fittings, and how it's been awhile since we have both had an open OEM fitting experience and this will likely be the year for both of us. I thought it could be interesting for us to capture everyone's thoughts and experiences in a thread on the topic since we are in the heart of driver release season.

What say you? Plans on a driver fitting this year? What heads are you looking at? Seeking ballspeed and bombs or simply to find the short grass?
Had one Monday! Seeking magical distance and tight dispersion, then I wake up and accept the limited gains.

I always have a hard time resisting pre-order of new releases. Sometimes I just am to impatient to wait for a fitting. I had something in my cart today, but am trying to stay strong and get fit.View attachment 9061032
Fitting costs money too. If you just wanted to make sure you wanted Cobra that is where PGASS and the others work out since fitting is "free". If you are not sure of brand then CC or True Spec.

Fitting costs money too. If you just wanted to make sure you wanted Cobra that is where PGASS and the others work out since fitting is "free". If you are not sure of brand then CC or True Spec.
I am trying to hold out for a fitting and try all of the brands. I have used TrueSpec a few times and will probably stick with them. Unless I hear someone tell me about a specific CC fitter to ask for. I have only used indoor True Spec but want to try the one outdoors at The Raven

I am trying to hold out for a fitting and try all of the brands. I have used TrueSpec a few times and will probably stick with them. Unless I hear someone tell me about a specific CC fitter to ask for. I have only used indoor True Spec but want to try the one outdoors at The Raven
Tanner Wooten is your guy there. I have used him when he was indoors in Scottsdale then when he went to the Raven. Good guy.

I said it somewhere but I think I am going to do indoor fitting so I can use the CSX LS in the bay.

Does anyone allow past drivers with the same tips to sway them? For example, I have two shafts I really like with Cobra tips. Not sure if that's enough to break a tie for me or not.

Does anyone allow past drivers with the same tips to sway them? For example, I have two shafts I really like with Cobra tips. Not sure if that's enough to break a tie for me or not.
I do. I like the idea of buying the same brand and trying multiple shafts without changing tips.

I may not do a full fitting. I am going to hit a few demo days first to see what I think before scheduling a fitting. I found a Cobra demo on 1/29 and a Callaway on 2/5 that I am going to try and hit if family life allows. If not, I will just head to a local store and try them.

I’m in such a good place with my driver I am afraid to mess with my set up, but there are a couple out there that make me want to hit and see what shakes out. I’m not going full Club Champion but I’ll do a PGA SS session and see what happens

My current challenge is finding the new Mizuno heads, whether I go it alone or schedule a formal fitting.

I will not order a driver before hitting all the heads I'm interested in...

I hope that works better for you than it does for me. I have almost preordered a driver twice this week without seeing it in person

Going in for a full bag fitting tomorrow with Callaway. Really interested in the Rogue series and what it'll get me. Currently swing the Mavrik SZ. Also want to hit the Rogue Pro ST's as well.

I have to at least see two of them and hit before I order. I am resolute. I have a demo day to hit the 29th and 5th
I will stay stong, I think, until at least the Callway demo day next Friday. After that all bets are off for me.

I will stay stong, I think, until at least the Callway demo day next Friday. After that all bets are off for me.
I have Cobra first and swear I am not ordering until after the second demo day (Callaway).

I am considering a driver fitting this year as I am not convinced I am getting the most out of my current driver due to how my swing has changed since I was fitted for it

The Rogue ST line definitely has my attention, but I will hit as many as I can to see what works best

Do we need to put odds on that?
If I always hit my Speeezone like I did today, I wouldn’t be looking at other drivers. It must feel threatened…

If I was smart, I'd go for a fitting.

I'm not all that smart.

My last "fitting" was at a big box store where I hit some different shafts and drivers, and the rep said "yeah you're an R flex go hit some and let me know what you want to buy". Not exactly a thorough fitting, but you get what you pay for. My driver consistency went up a lot last season after some lessons so hopefully if things stay consistent I'll get a lot more out of my next real fitting.

Not going with a driver fitting. Currently I have a Ping SFT, Callaway Mavrik, Callaway B21, Titleist TSi, TM Sim 2 in my collection. No need for more right now except would love to have a Mizuno driver but availability lately has been tough so the Titleist came home instead. In order of preference this week is the B21, then the Sims 2 , Titleist TSi, Ping, Mavrik. - So I am done for awhile.(y)(y)

Thinking I may take a waiver on a $100 driver fitting session at PGATSS just to get access to the fitting carts for an hour plus. Still need to get more practice in (next sim appt. Thursday) before I'm ready but feel like that's a good compromise between just hitting demos and a full-on fitting somewhere like CC.

Back