Tour Event 2022 FedEx St Jude Championship

I don’t want to wait. Let’s start the BMW tomorrow.

Mistakes make for excitement, that was an exciting finish. Glad to see somebody won. Way to go Will.

Sweet. Want to see those changes to 13. Get us a tee time.
I guess I could make my schedule work and be the third

Wild finish, I've played that course quite a few times. 18 is MF.

Way to go Will, hard to pull against a Bulldog but deep down I was pulling for you

Sweet. Want to see those changes to 13. Get us a tee time.
Can tell you now, I will be so insufferable if I ever score that invite. I could find a way to work it into every golf round I ever play 😂

Can tell you now, I will be so insufferable if I ever score that invite. I could find a way to work it into every golf round I ever play 😂

probably only a minor change.

Wow just finished the recording of this and what a finish.

Straka with the ultimate match play mistake
That's mistakes plural. Twice Will way out of position and Straka didn't make the smart play.

Is your tin foil hat covering your ears?

Didn't the pgat announce that there would be no more overnight calls before the year started? In fact didn't they say if they didn't get it when it happened or right after the round that they would not be changing the next day as to stop the calls coming from people on TV saying that was a rules violation. Just wondered.

Didn't the pgat announce that there would be no more overnight calls before the year started? In fact didn't they say if they didn't get it when it happened or right after the round that they would not be changing the next day as to stop the calls coming from people on TV saying that was a rules violation. Just wondered.
No clue.

This would be news to me. I could be wrong, but maybe you are thinking of the fact they stopped taking VIEWER call ins when making rulings. This was a big thing as viewers would call in after the fact and then the officials would enforce it. That was eliminated.

In Cams situation, the officials at the tournament saw it, then discussed among themselves, then talked to Cam.

How many of you guys thought that Will Z. was going to go insane and try to hit that shot off the gap between the green and the stone on the playoff hole #11?

Lee Trevino was once quoted as saying that "In the heat of the battle a player can go blank out there"....... we see it time and time again, but not today.

This would be news to me. I could be wrong, but maybe you are thinking of the fact they stopped taking VIEWER call ins when making rulings. This was a big thing as viewers would call in after the fact and then the officials would enforce it. That was eliminated.

In Cams situation, the officials at the tournament saw it, then discussed among themselves, then talked to Cam.
The official by Cam said he didn't see it and mysteriously they looked at the tape and saw it. If that official didn't see it, what prompted a video review. People are going to cry about folks be conspiracy theorists but something isn't a 100% transparent.

How many of you guys thought that Will Z. was going to go insane and try to hit that shot off the gap between the green and the stone on the playoff hole #11?

Lee Trevino was once quoted as saying that "In the heat of the battle a player can go blank out there"....... we see it time and time again, but not today.

I was in my head taking a fairly might cut with a 60, hoping I just skim the rocks and blast the ball thru the grass (and landscape) there, up in the air it goes backwards, off the rocks on the far side of the hazard, big bounce and 2.3' from the pin. Dunno why he wouldn't try it.

This is crazy!!!

I was speaking loudly at the TV "don't do it, don't do it!" My wife asked "don't you want to see where the ball would go if he does?" I told her that it was one of the very rare times that I and a tour player would to a near certainty have the same result.

The official by Cam said he didn't see it and mysteriously they looked at the tape and saw it. If that official didn't see it, what prompted a video review. People are going to cry about folks be conspiracy theorists but something isn't a 100% transparent.
What I saw explained was another official saw it on replay, they asked the official on the hole who said he didn't see it and left it alone. Then another official was re-watching the coverage that evening and saw the same thing, prompting the review the following morning. Then they asked Smith, who said it was definitely touching the line. I get the confusion on his part. Ball touching OB line, but not completely on the line is in bounds. Apparently a ball touching any part of an "aquatic penalty area" line after a drop is in the penalty area and would need to be re-dropped. Until yesterday, I thought after drop, if the ball wasn't completely in the penalty area, it would be the same as the OB line rule.

It is 100% transparent. Did you not watch the video that was posted yesterday that explained the situation? You were quoted in that post. Cam did not call in a rules official to help him, so therefor there was no official nearby to see it. That was Cams first mistake. With that much on the line most these guys always call in an official to make sure things are being done correctly. There were some officials that noticed on tv while it was happening. They figured Cam knew what he was doing. Another official saw it and brought it up again. They took a closer look and called in Cam. Cam said it was a penalty.

It looks like Scott Fawcett lost his GD mind on twitter yesterday after Willy’s win.

It is 100% transparent. Did you not watch the video that was posted yesterday that explained the situation? You were quoted in that post. Cam did not call in a rules official to help him, so therefor there was no official nearby to see it. That was Cams first mistake. With that much on the line most these guys always call in an official to make sure things are being done correctly. There were some officials that noticed on tv while it was happening. They figured Cam knew what he was doing. Another official saw it and brought it up again. They took a closer look and called in Cam. Cam said it was a penalty.
How does an official assume Cam knew what he was doing? It makes it sound like Cam knew he was cheating and didn't call a penalty on himself. Cam obviously had no idea this was illegal. If a official saw it live on TV why didn't they assess the penalty when he walked off 18. The infraction occurred on the 4th hole, there was plenty of time to discuss the penalty. Waiting until the next day to tell Cam was not a good look for the PGAT and is the reason some are questioning the whole situation. If that happened to TW you would get a different reaction from the masses. I digress.

I am having difficulty understanding Cam Smith drop penalty. He drops the ball within two club lengths from the point of relief. The ball rolls down a slope and is touching part of the hazard line. The ball is lie is good and Cam plays it. Why the penalty when the player is allowed to play from within a hazard without penalty?

Back