Tour Event 2022 FedEx St Jude Championship

Cam Smith penalized 2 shots over night for “improper ball placement” according to TV broadcast. Went from being down 2 shots to 4. Haven’t seen the ruling yet but it makes sense to push him on out the door to LIV.

Cam Smith penalized 2 shots over night for “improper ball placement” according to TV broadcast. Went from being down 2 shots to 4. Haven’t seen the ruling yet but it makes sense to push him on out the door to LIV.
Did they say which hole the penalty was on?

So where’s the real edge on a spray painted line?

So you can hit your ball out of the penalty area normally but if you take a drop and a portion of the ball rolls and touches the red line you can't play it? Makes no sense.

So you can hit your ball out of the penalty area normally but if you take a drop and a portion of the ball rolls and touches the red line you can't play it? Makes no sense.

I think it's for not taking full relief of hazard

Like taking a drop because you're standing on a cart path and after drop, you're still touching the cart path....I think

Now the first tee announcer is trying to mess with Cam, really drawing out that Players Champion and Champion Golfer of the Year :rolleyes:

1660498236029.png
Definitely on the line

It makes perfect sense. He chose not to play his ball from the penalty area. So, he touched and moved his ball — and, in the end, still played it from the penalty area. Purely his mistake.

I think it's for not taking full relief of hazard

Like taking a drop because you're standing on a cart path and after drop, you're still touching the cart path....I think

this is correct. Cam should have known this. Bummer it wasn’t caught and corrected right away.

It makes perfect sense. He chose not to play his ball from the penalty area. So, he touched and moved his ball — and, in the end, still played it from the penalty area. Purely his mistake.
The guy they had on also said you must take full relief from the penalty area with the drop

Dart for Cam. Would be a cool story if he wins today.

The guy they had on also said you must take full relief from the penalty area with the drop
A rule that you learn in competitive junior golf.

He went in the water, how did he choose not to play from the penalty area?

Should I feel bad for enjoying when Adam Scott misses putts?

often frustrated by these late ruling due to obscure rules.

but this one is pretty straight forward.

Announcers giving McCarthy **** for leaving his birdie putt short and then I see he’s -4 thru 8 and 1 off the lead. Tough crowd.

He went in the water, how did he choose not to play from the penalty area?
Seriously? By taking a different ball out of his bag and going through the drop process, which he did incorrectly. Pretty simple. Pretty basic.

Hope Cam takes those penalty strokes and it fuels him to the top for the W.

Back