2022 Ford F-150 Lightning

I am trying but it’s been a PITA to be honest. I’m using a dealer I know, but the communication from them and Ford has been less than desired. I’ll ping him today and see where I fall in line. I will be lucky to get a 2022 model I think. I sent in my order before wave 1 opened but have not heard anything since.

I am not at all a fan of the Silverado. It is an EV Avalanche with those sails, and overall just seems a bit backwards looking in design to me. What I like about the Lightning is that it actually looks like an F150. All of that said, the Chevy looks like a solid build and the specs are very good.

My dad has been having similar issues. They up and changed his dealer to a closer one, but in a different state with a higher tax rate. No contact, just “here, your dealer has changed, it’s closer“.

I’ll admit, the Silverado is definitely an Avalanche clone. But I like the look and think it would be very cool with a topper. I also like the timeline, pushing things back a year or so works with my situation well.

My dad decided to take a step back. His dealer has been hounding him to place his order, but they won’t sign a contract. They keep saying they have to get it ordered and then will sell it “at market” when it eventually arrives. Basically they want to get one to the dealership but can’t just order one and need a customer to make the order, then they will mark it up and if the original customer doesn’t want to pay the markup, they will find someone who will.

My dad decided to take a step back. His dealer has been hounding him to place his order, but they won’t sign a contract. They keep saying they have to get it ordered and then will sell it “at market” when it eventually arrives. Basically they want to get one to the dealership but can’t just order one and need a customer to make the order, then they will mark it up and if the original customer doesn’t want to pay the markup, they will find someone who will.
Tell him to switch dealers. Grainger ford wouldn’t do that, for example.

I really wanted one. Then our neighbor lost their entire house to a fire at 3 AM on Christmas. While their Tesla didn’t start the fire, the small fire got to it and it was game over at that point. EVERYTHING was lost and their dog died. Fortunately all 4 of them got out alive.

This fire just hit too close to home. Our municipality is not equipped to hand a several thousand pound lithium fire.

I’m a Tesla Owner, an X an S Plaid. I love those cars and I was all-in on the F-150 until my neighbor asked me to head to Austin for UT game from McKinney, TX and we had to recharged in Waco because we couldn’t make the 235 mile drive. That drive is a beat down to begin with but when you can’t get there with a 95% charge then your vehicle isn’t ready for prime time.

I’m a Tesla Owner, an X an S Plaid. I love those cars and I was all-in on the F-150 until my neighbor asked me to head to Austin for UT game from McKinney, TX and we had to recharged in Waco because we couldn’t make the 235 mile drive. That drive is a beat down to begin with but when you can’t get there with a 95% charge then your vehicle isn’t ready for prime time.
During this last cold snap over Christmas, there were several people we know that could not get where they needed to for Christmas due to mileage issues.

iI was 1,000,000% on board with EVs. Between my neighbor‘s fire and the distance issue in the cold snap, I ordered a new GMC with a 6.2L V8 that gets 16 MPG. 🤣🤣🤣🤣

Did anyone pick one of these up?
My twitter feed noted that these are not selling well.

The Platinum edition was pretty impressive. I am off the electric car/truck bandwagon until the fire issues are figured out. Our neighbor lost their house on Christmas due to the Tesla Battery catching fire and taking the whole house with it.

Nope. My feeling is EV technology‘s sweet spot is around town driving. I use trucks for hauling things and road trips. Zero interest in heading to the back country and having to stop somewhere part way there for a recharge, maybe more than once. And I’m not especially interested in driving a big truck as my primary driver around town. So…these just are a natural fit for me. Pass for now but waiting for the technology to advance.

Back