EXPERIENCE 2022 Grandaddy of Them All with Callaway Golf

Right at about two months now. So close, yet so far away......
Good thing we can keep the team busy with some Callaway Fitting goodness the next two days.

Good thing we can keep the team busy with some Callaway Fitting goodness the next two days.

If this means more than Shaft Up, I must say:

If this means more than Shaft Up, I must say:

No it means the Live Update thread for Shaft Up is here and we are fitting THPers into Rogue ST.
Hopefully some of the Grandaddy folks tune in.

No it means the Live Update thread for Shaft Up is here and we are fitting THPers into Rogue ST.
Hopefully some of the Grandaddy folks tune in.
That is what I figured, but you've dropped other bombs on us before :ROFLMAO:

Getting out to a new to me course today, which always makes for good practice. Last round was an absolute disaster and my worst of the year. Hoping for a turnaround.
Well this round was awful, which is becoming the norm so maybe it is the norm now 😕. Shot a 93 with very few good shots. It's starting to get to me a little bit and I'm usually good at just having fun, so I don't like that aspect. I think I'm focusing on too many things I'm trying to improve at once and it's just messing with me. Need to simplify it and focus on maybe one thing to work on at a time. I also have not been taking care of myself AT ALL and can feel it physically, which is impacting my day to day and wondering if it's impacting my golf game as well. Gonna work on changing that starting today and instead of going to the range on lunch like I've been doing, I'm hitting our fitness room and getting a workout in. Also just changed my alarms to get up earlier and get a workout done in the morning. Have exactly 9 weeks to turn this dumpster fire around.

Last edited:
Well this round was awful, which is becoming the norm so maybe it was the norm now 😕. Shot a 93 with very few good shots. It's starting to get to me a little bit and I'm usually good at just having fun, so I don't like that aspect. I think I'm focusing on too many things I'm trying to improve at once and it's just messing with me. Need to simplify it and focus on maybe one thing to work on at a time. I also have not been taking care of myself AT ALL and can feel it physically, which is impacting my day to day and wondering if it's impacting my golf game as well. Gonna work on changing that starting today and instead of going to the range on lunch like I've been doing, I'm hitting our fitness room and getting a workout in. Also just changed my alarms to get up earlier and get a workout done in the morning. Have exactly 9 weeks to turn this dumpster fire around.
I know we talked about this in Myrtle. And it’s going to be impossible to listen to me. But don’t focus SO hard on the results of your play right now. I did that alllll last year and it actually hurt my game and I went down to California playing some of my worst golf because I pushed myself so hard.

I understand everything you’re going through and myself last year would tell myself this year to “shut up because it’s the mother effing Grandaddy” :LOL:

I’m just saying that you’ll be better off once you get down there if you don’t put so much pressure on yourself currently. You’ll be in absolute paradise and the golf will take care of itself while you’re there!

Feel free to not take the advice though :p I wouldn’t have last year either

I know we talked about this in Myrtle. And it’s going to be impossible to listen to me. But don’t focus SO hard on the results of your play right now. I did that alllll last year and it actually hurt my game and I went down to California playing some of my worst golf because I pushed myself so hard.

I understand everything you’re going through and myself last year would tell myself this year to “shut up because it’s the mother effing Grandaddy” :LOL:

I’m just saying that you’ll be better off once you get down there if you don’t put so much pressure on yourself currently. You’ll be in absolute paradise and the golf will take care of itself while you’re there!

Feel free to not take the advice though :p I wouldn’t have last year either
Appreciate it dude! Definitely remember that and need to get myself in that mindset. I was starting to play decent golf around the Myrtle time and felt good about where my game was headed, and in my efforts to keep improving I think I've taken it too far too fast. Have a tee time for Friday afternoon and going to focus on exactly what you're saying. Just gonna go out and have a good time and focus on just that.

Appreciate it dude! Definitely remember that and need to get myself in that mindset. I was starting to play decent golf around the Myrtle time and felt good about where my game was headed, and in my efforts to keep improving I think I've taken it too far too fast. Have a tee time for Friday afternoon and going to focus on exactly what you're saying. Just gonna go out and have a good time and focus on just that.
I promise if you’re able to in December, it will be so much more enjoyable. I was grinding over every single shot those two days and as I’ve mentioned, didn’t interact with the Callaway guys or even my teammates as much as I should have on the course. Or even fully take in the beauty of either course because all I could think about was my play.

I don’t wish that on anyone and wish I could change it. Just don’t want to see anyone else make that mistake.

Also not trying to say it wasn’t still incredible. I wouldn’t trade my experience for anything. Just want to stress that it’s about wayyyyyyy more than the golf. I’m sure you guys know that though with as good of a Cap and Ass Cap y’all got!

I promise if you’re able to in December, it will be so much more enjoyable. I was grinding over every single shot those two days and as I’ve mentioned, didn’t interact with the Callaway guys or even my teammates as much as I should have on the course. Or even fully take in the beauty of either course because all I could think about was my play.

I don’t wish that on anyone and wish I could change it. Just don’t want to see anyone else make that mistake.

Also not trying to say it wasn’t still incredible. I wouldn’t trade my experience for anything. Just want to stress that it’s about wayyyyyyy more than the golf. I’m sure you guys know that though with as good of a Cap and Ass Cap y’all got!
I'm not worried about how I take a bad round while there to be honest. I'm fairly confident I'll be good to enjoy it no matter what. I want to enjoy the full build up too though. Being grumpy about my game for 9 more weeks would not be an enjoyable experience 😂

Last edited:

Well this round was awful, which is becoming the norm so maybe it is the norm now 😕. Shot a 93 with very few good shots. It's starting to get to me a little bit and I'm usually good at just having fun, so I don't like that aspect. I think I'm focusing on too many things I'm trying to improve at once and it's just messing with me. Need to simplify it and focus on maybe one thing to work on at a time. I also have not been taking care of myself AT ALL and can feel it physically, which is impacting my day to day and wondering if it's impacting my golf game as well. Gonna work on changing that starting today and instead of going to the range on lunch like I've been doing, I'm hitting our fitness room and getting a workout in. Also just changed my alarms to get up earlier and get a workout done in the morning. Have exactly 9 weeks to turn this dumpster fire around.
I'm not worried about how I take a bad round while there to be honest. I'm fairly confident I'll be good to enjoy it no matter what. I want to enjoy the full build up too though. Being grumpy about my game for 9 more weeks would not be an enjoyable experience 😂
Bring your swing to ECPC and play your game afterwards. Don't put too much pressure on yourself about how you're playing that day. If you aren't playing the way you want, move onto the next shot. In the end, it's not about your score.
The most important thing: have fun, enjoy yourself and make it the best possible week for yourself, Team THP, Team Callaway, and the rest of us following along.

They say smart people learn from their mistakes, but REALLY smart people learn from other people's mistakes.

I hope this team is really smart, because that's great advice.

It’s about time to get a new happy hour picture with the team.

Do I wear a turtleneck or joggers?

I hear both are in style.

It’s about time to get a new happy hour picture with the team.

Do I wear a turtleneck or joggers?

I hear both are in style.
As long as they are both Khaki, you could go either way or both.....:unsure:

Want me to fly down and play a round or two? We all know that will fix whatever you having going on and you'll be splitting fairways and making the game look easy. Beat me into submission just like Myrtle. :rolleyes:

Wanna know what I remember from my play at the Grandaddy? Other than a couple long putts, one drive in particular (where JRod was cheering me on) .....not much at all. Wanna know what I'll never forget? All the people from Callaway, my teammates, Al's House, the food, walking through HQ, the bus rides and everything else.

Guess what I'm saying is just practice smiling cause you'll be doing that a lot once you get out there.

All my non scripted attire will be khaki in December. :cool:

That is perfect for you! At your age you will blend right in with all of the retiree's out there! :LOL::LOL::LOL:

That is perfect for you! At your age you will blend right in with all of the retiree's out there! :LOL::LOL::LOL:
This doesn't sound like a bad thing. I'm gonna try to blend in with the Hideaway property owners and set up shop at the home of whichever one is currently touring the European countryside for 4 months.

Decided to sign up for a single online lesson to help with all the issues I'm having. Seeing a teaching pro analyze your swing is eye opening to how terrible it is 😂. I love what he's given me though and after a short amount of work so far excited about where I think this will take me.

What I am workin on.

Decided to sign up for a single online lesson to help with all the issues I'm having. Seeing a teaching pro analyze your swing is eye opening to how terrible it is 😂. I love what he's given me though and after a short amount of work so far excited about where I think this will take me.

What I am workin on.
Here's a thought - just be happy you are there, try to manage your expectations for your game, choose maybe 1 thing to work on, driver? 7-PW game? Do a little putting/chipping - just to practice not to necessarily fix anything (if that makes sense).

Or, you do the blutto blutarsky and just drink heavily.

Either way - you are doing the FREAKING GD - so start enjoying it!

Back