2022 Grandaddy team - get to know us and AMA - Davidhibler- Tevenor - PackersGirl - fuffle master

Lets see. 4 of us. 1 has eye rolls, one is the cap. oh oh....

For the record, I said I enjoy these and there have already been some.
But leaving the way of that bush is exactly how one gets forgotten.

@Tevenor with this being your second visit to ECPC, Hideaway, etc. Aside from redacted equipment, is there anything you hope to see, hear, learn, experience, may have missed the first time, etc?

@Tevenor can you expand on the ‘Love Doctor’? 😁😝

Im enjoying these because I actually forgot 1 or 2 of the guys were part of the team. These reminded me.

Seems like you're feeling better!?

This group is going to be a fun one lol

With right at 2 months left until The greatest amateur event ever created, we thought it was appropriate to introduce the members of team THP to the forum.

We will be doing some get to know you videos in a few weeks (hosted by the one and only @KEV ) so everyone can learn more about the Grandaddy team and feel connected. But we want this to be interactive, so if there's anything you are curious about this is your chance to ask ahead of time.

Here are some short kickstarters for this group as a brief introduction to get everything started.

@Davidhibler
I’m David – I've been on THP just over 2 years, and the Grandaddy will be my 4th THP experience - my first in a captain role. My wife and I have 5 kids, with only one left in the house, so we’re almost empty nesters. cant wait for that.
I am originally from Fort Worth Texas, but we moved to South Carolina about 6 years ago for my Job. I'm really proud of this team, and I'm excited for the forum to get to know us all a little better. We're ready to take you along for the ride

@Tevenor

I'm Sean and I think most of you know me from the 2021 Grandaddy intro videos. I live in Rochester, NY and work in IT, specifically in Solution Architect, AI/ML, and advanced data management and analytics. I'm married with 2 kids ( 16 and 13 ).

I joined THP Nov 19th, 2019 and I was lucky enough to get into my first experience in the 2020 Distance Bash just a few months later. From there, I was lucky enough to get a spot in the 2021 Grandaddy with a fantastic group of guys who are now friends and now extremely honored to be the AssCap for the 2022 squad.

I learned how to play golf when I was 10 from my father but didn't take it seriously until I was 24 or so and out of college and after my college baseball career was over. I've played a variety of gear over the years but have had at least 1 piece of Callaway gear in my back for almost 20 years now. Sometimes its Irons ( X22 Tours and original Apex Pros ) or drivers/fairways ( First fitted driver was the Razrhawk ) or putters/wedges. Since joining THP, I've been on a mission to get better and see if I can get to scratch. When I joined, I was a 12 handicap. Lowest I've gotten so far is a 4 but still have a lot of work to go.

Feel free to ask me anything because I guarantee I will have an answer, regardless if its right or not. :D

@PackersGirl
My name is Marjorie, but you all know me as PackersGirl. A little bit about me: I’m a military brat and moved around most of my life. I’m married to an amazing man, we have 5 kids (3 boys and 2 girls), 1 grandson and 1 lazy old dog. We currently live in Simpsonville, SC but have zero plans of staying here longer than we have to. I’m a huge Packer fan. I love tacos, pizza and golf. I’ve been playing golf for a few years now and am absolutely addicted. It started out as just quiet time away with David but now it’s so much more. We plan vacations around courses and play at least once a week. I’ve been on THP for almost 2 years and you guys can’t get rid of me. Maybe some have actually tried, who knows :ROFLMAO: The Grandaddy will be my first THP event and to say I’m excited is an understatement! So, go ahead and ask me anything!

@fuffle master
A little about myself to get to know me. I picked up golf after moving to Texas and a co-worker said everyone here plays golf. So, afterwork one day he drove me to play it again sports and helped me pick out my first set of clubs. Eventually, when I moved back to Pennsylvania I brought that love of golf home to my family and we all (father, brother, brother in law, and now sons) all play and love golf. I have an incredible fear of heights. Yet, I have been skydiving, in a hot air balloon, and recently jumped off a small cliff dive in Hawaii. I believe no matter how afraid you are never let that stop you from living life to the fullest. If you have ever seen the TV show ‘Everybody Loves Raymond’, that is as close to my life as possible. Incredibly close to my family. Mother lives just a mile away, brother lives a few doors from my mother, and sister until a couple years ago lived 3 doors down from me. She moved 40 mins away and that was a very big deal in my family. Lol. We are together almost every weekend and go on all our vacations together. Since we don’t agree on anything when it comes to the world, we argue like the Jersey Shore crew. But, who doesn’t fight with family? Lastly, my wife of 26 years (renewed our wedding vows this past year) have twin sons who we are incredibly proud of. One is a computer engineer for a Gov’t contractor and works on secret design of Navy ships. He won’t even tell us what he is designing. Lol. And my other son is finishing up his Masters degree in Mechanical Engineering w/his undergrad degree in Aerospace Engineering. Currently, working (internship and now part time) for a Nuclear Power company creating a safer way to produce Nuclear Power.

Oh, and I still use my very first ever created email from AOL as my main email address.

I am so excited and deeply honored to represent THP this year in the 22’ Granddaddy. Since being selected back in April I would have trouble explaining to some how much this has affected my life in the positive. Many would just see this as “cool, I won a trip to play golf and get new equipment” Those people couldn’t be further from the reality of what this experience has already given me and will continue for years if not a lifetime. This team has been so amazing to meet, learn from, laugh, bust stones, feel for, and to realize how even from so many different backgrounds and different areas of the country we all just love golf. In such a short time, the bonds this team has created will last forever. This 2022 Grandaddy team, is my 5150 Fanatics team.

Great stuff guys and gal! With getting to know you all already, in reading these it just gets better.

@PackersGirl - What kind of dog and how old??

@Tevenor what is the biggest thing of rom last years GD that you wish you had more time for or could have done differently

@Tevenor who do you think will be the first person to break one of your 50 rules at the granddaddy? Lol

An awesome group of rag tag hackers who are going to represent THP to the fullest!

An awesome group of rag tag hackers who are going to represent THP to the fullest!

Rag tag? Hmmm, yeah I will buy that. Lol.

Great introductions. I'm really looking forward to following along. Sounds like a great group!

With right at 2 months left until The greatest amateur event ever created, we thought it was appropriate to introduce the members of team THP to the forum.

We will be doing some get to know you videos in a few weeks (hosted by the one and only @KEV ) so everyone can learn more about the Grandaddy team and feel connected. But we want this to be interactive, so if there's anything you are curious about this is your chance to ask ahead of time.

Here are some short kickstarters for this group as a brief introduction to get everything started.

@Davidhibler
I’m David – I've been on THP just over 2 years, and the Grandaddy will be my 4th THP experience - my first in a captain role. My wife and I have 5 kids, with only one left in the house, so we’re almost empty nesters. cant wait for that.
I am originally from Fort Worth Texas, but we moved to South Carolina about 6 years ago for my Job. I'm really proud of this team, and I'm excited for the forum to get to know us all a little better. We're ready to take you along for the ride

@Tevenor

I'm Sean and I think most of you know me from the 2021 Grandaddy intro videos. I live in Rochester, NY and work in IT, specifically in Solution Architect, AI/ML, and advanced data management and analytics. I'm married with 2 kids ( 16 and 13 ).

I joined THP Nov 19th, 2019 and I was lucky enough to get into my first experience in the 2020 Distance Bash just a few months later. From there, I was lucky enough to get a spot in the 2021 Grandaddy with a fantastic group of guys who are now friends and now extremely honored to be the AssCap for the 2022 squad.

I learned how to play golf when I was 10 from my father but didn't take it seriously until I was 24 or so and out of college and after my college baseball career was over. I've played a variety of gear over the years but have had at least 1 piece of Callaway gear in my back for almost 20 years now. Sometimes its Irons ( X22 Tours and original Apex Pros ) or drivers/fairways ( First fitted driver was the Razrhawk ) or putters/wedges. Since joining THP, I've been on a mission to get better and see if I can get to scratch. When I joined, I was a 12 handicap. Lowest I've gotten so far is a 4 but still have a lot of work to go.

Feel free to ask me anything because I guarantee I will have an answer, regardless if its right or not. :D

@PackersGirl
My name is Marjorie, but you all know me as PackersGirl. A little bit about me: I’m a military brat and moved around most of my life. I’m married to an amazing man, we have 5 kids (3 boys and 2 girls), 1 grandson and 1 lazy old dog. We currently live in Simpsonville, SC but have zero plans of staying here longer than we have to. I’m a huge Packer fan. I love tacos, pizza and golf. I’ve been playing golf for a few years now and am absolutely addicted. It started out as just quiet time away with David but now it’s so much more. We plan vacations around courses and play at least once a week. I’ve been on THP for almost 2 years and you guys can’t get rid of me. Maybe some have actually tried, who knows :ROFLMAO: The Grandaddy will be my first THP event and to say I’m excited is an understatement! So, go ahead and ask me anything!

@fuffle master
A little about myself to get to know me. I picked up golf after moving to Texas and a co-worker said everyone here plays golf. So, afterwork one day he drove me to play it again sports and helped me pick out my first set of clubs. Eventually, when I moved back to Pennsylvania I brought that love of golf home to my family and we all (father, brother, brother in law, and now sons) all play and love golf. I have an incredible fear of heights. Yet, I have been skydiving, in a hot air balloon, and recently jumped off a small cliff dive in Hawaii. I believe no matter how afraid you are never let that stop you from living life to the fullest. If you have ever seen the TV show ‘Everybody Loves Raymond’, that is as close to my life as possible. Incredibly close to my family. Mother lives just a mile away, brother lives a few doors from my mother, and sister until a couple years ago lived 3 doors down from me. She moved 40 mins away and that was a very big deal in my family. Lol. We are together almost every weekend and go on all our vacations together. Since we don’t agree on anything when it comes to the world, we argue like the Jersey Shore crew. But, who doesn’t fight with family? Lastly, my wife of 26 years (renewed our wedding vows this past year) have twin sons who we are incredibly proud of. One is a computer engineer for a Gov’t contractor and works on secret design of Navy ships. He won’t even tell us what he is designing. Lol. And my other son is finishing up his Masters degree in Mechanical Engineering w/his undergrad degree in Aerospace Engineering. Currently, working (internship and now part time) for a Nuclear Power company creating a safer way to produce Nuclear Power.

Oh, and I still use my very first ever created email from AOL as my main email address.

I am so excited and deeply honored to represent THP this year in the 22’ Granddaddy. Since being selected back in April I would have trouble explaining to some how much this has affected my life in the positive. Many would just see this as “cool, I won a trip to play golf and get new equipment” Those people couldn’t be further from the reality of what this experience has already given me and will continue for years if not a lifetime. This team has been so amazing to meet, learn from, laugh, bust stones, feel for, and to realize how even from so many different backgrounds and different areas of the country we all just love golf. In such a short time, the bonds this team has created will last forever. This 2022 Grandaddy team, is my 5150 Fanatics team.
Y’all (the whole team) are just killing it - amazing job everyone!

@Davidhibler - what is your biggest hope for the team?

@PackersGirl - what has been your favorite course you’ve played to date and why?

@fuffle master - you’ve been trying for some time to be a member of the G squad - how are you prepping for the greatest amateur event of all time?

Back