2022 Hurricane Season Thread

BigDill

2023 Morgan Cup - Team Hackers - Cobra Golf
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
June 1st kicks off hurricane season, so I figured I would get this up so we have a place to discuss preparation, developments, and check in with each other in the event of a storm, as has been THP tradition over the last few years. Here’s to hoping that we all avoid any major storms!

This year’s list names:

A1921B14-803D-422A-BC14-75AD38DF6627.jpeg

At least I know Tobias will be a miss, right @RealPretendPsychic?

June 1st kicks off hurricane season, so I figured I would get this up so we have a place to discuss preparation, developments, and check in with each other in the event of a storm, as has been THP tradition over the last few years. Here’s to hoping that we all avoid any major storms!

This year’s list names:

View attachment 9093179

At least I know Tobias will be a miss, right @RealPretendPsychic?
I don’t like this. Yes, Tobias should be a miss, but will likely come with a lot of hype that ultimately fizzles out 😣

I don’t like this. Yes, Tobias should be a miss, but will likely come with a lot of hype that ultimately fizzles out 😣
Under performs, but still costs 60 million worth of damage? 😂

I feel Shary has hot mess written all over it. No telling what that kind of crazy brings

be safe everyone and get the kits ready

Under performs, but still costs 60 million worth of damage? 😂
Oh gawd with construction costs these days you can definitely expect maximum expenses, but wonder if it’s really worth the cost.

I'm pretty disappointed they didn't use Clyde....missed opportunity there.

I feel Shary has hot mess written all over it. No telling what that kind of crazy brings

I am looking forward to Hermine and the weeks worth of Harry Potter jokes that will certainly come with her. They didn’t even spell it right.

Here we go. This name is going to ruin Beauty and The Beast

I get it now, but for a second I was all like, I had no idea the Dill was a big time Carolina hockey fan.

Didn't we just have a Hermine a few years ago?

Edit: Yeah, just looked it up, it went over my house in 2016. They need to pay better attention when they recycle these names...

I've been through more than my fair share of hurricanes.
But have you been through a “gas is already $5 a gallon BEFORE the hurricane” hurricane?

"Shary" in the '80's/'90's would have gone thru 1000's of cans of Aquanet thus destroying the ozone layer leading to the climate change that provides for the catastrophic storms today... #itsscience

But have you been through a “gas is already $5 a gallon BEFORE the hurricane” hurricane?
Did you just really go there? Should I start taking my cans and fill up now?

Did you just really go there? Should I start taking my cans and fill up now?
I thought about it, but I mean, it would cost me $25 a can. That’s freaking crazy.

Fiona the Cincinnati zoo is going to be PO’d about this one 🤣

Did I see that there is a TS already lining up on S Florida this week. Ole Miss is playing in Coral Gables in the Miami regional and there is talk about how they are going to fit in all the games.

Well headed to Disney tomorrow and looks like we will have a little TS to deal with.

Back