2022 Hurricane Season Thread

Stay safe everyone!

Saw some advice on twitter about how to keep things cold in the fridge longer (need to see full picture)…

Hurricane Warning on a portion of the east coast of Florida now:
One important change is that Ian is likely to remain more intact as it crosses the Florida peninsula (due to both its stronger initial wind speed and its faster forecast forward speed), and this now increases the threat of hurricane-force winds on the east coast of Florida. This necessitates the issuance
of a Hurricane Warning on the east coast of central Florida.

====

A Hurricane Warning has been issued from Sebastian Inlet, Florida
northward to the Flagler/Volusia County Line, Florida.

Seeing a little wind here, but nothing staggering. It might be a different story for golf after work.

My mother in law was about to head back to Florida on Friday. She's been up staying at her "North house" for about 4 months. Her house in Florida is in North Ft Myers. The purple dot in the picture is her house. She is freaking out right now worried about her neighbors and friends. This thing is not going to be a benign storm. Whomever is in its path, stay safe!

1664379537607.png

Last edited:
My mother in law was about to head back to Florida on Friday. She's been up staying at her "North house" for about 4 months. She house in florida is in North Ft Myers. The purple dot in the picture is her house. She is freaking out right now worried about her neighbors and friends. This thing is not going to be a benign storm.

View attachment 9123732
My FIL's house is in Sabol Springs in N Ft Myers. Thankful he is up here and prayers to all down there!

I've been watching this YouTube channel which has great coverage of the storm. I've got some friends and family directly in the path. Pictures and videos have been crazy.... Fingers crossed all remain safe as it comes through.

Everyone stay safe!

Captiva has been getting absolutely raked for almost 2 hrs now. From radar, they should get a little break inside the eye.
The problem though is what happens when the eye passes. You go 0 to 100 real fast again.

First Charley, now Ian. Mother Nature is super angry at that place

Shell Point at low tide today up here by me.

FB_IMG_1664385267626.jpg

Rivers are draining, too.

Man these shots coming in from Placida, FL are wicked.

Their camera in Sanibel is getting hammered.

We've had almost 1.5 inches of rain and Ian isn't even here yet.

Friends in North Port just lost power. The projection on TWC has the eye going directly over North Port. The radar projections are for the eye to go a little south of that.

Hey, we made it through WGP with no issues.

Back