2022 Hurricane Season Thread

Hopefully everyone down there is staying safe. My parents own a place in Naples not far from the water. Luckily they haven't gone down for the season yet. Hopefully it holds up OK.

The problem though is what happens when the eye passes. You go 0 to 100 real fast again.

First Charley, now Ian. Mother Nature is super angry at that place
And when that happens, you are still flooded. It’s brutal.

I was part of the public health response to Katrina and something about this storm's look going into it hitting shore has me worried. Have a friend evacuating Tampa with 2 dogs and it took hours to get 75 miles.

Naples flooding looks crazy. So much water, many places up to car roofs.

Naples flooding looks crazy. So much water, many places up to car roofs.

Yup. Not good. Parents are concerned but luckily they are watching it on tv here in MI.

Ft. Myers beach, is chaos. Thankfully my mom is just inland a bit.

She lost comms a while ago, but they have shutters, so they should be ok.

Wild stuff.

Beaches on the east coast are picking up. This is from the Sawgrass Beach Resort
D1907A03-B0C1-4BA3-B32F-4B88BB802713.jpeg

Just got an update from my wife’s uncle in Ft Myers as the wind pounding them but they are safe with power. Not sure how much longer that will be the case.

Just got an update from my wife’s uncle in Ft Myers as the wind pounding them but they are safe with power. Not sure how much longer that will be the case.

Oh wow, I didn't realize she had family there. Glad they are ok.

My mom just text me again (I told her to text not call to save her phone battery) and all is still good, they even still have power.

Talked to my friends in Clearwater and they are all good too, also still with power.

Oh wow, I didn't realize she had family there. Glad they are ok.

My mom just text me again (I told her to text not call to save her phone battery) and all is still good, they even still have power.

Talked to my friends in Clearwater and they are all good too, also still with power.
That’s great to hear about your parents.

Am I correct that the latest tracking has it exiting the state on the east coast south of Daytona?

Am I correct that the latest tracking has it exiting the state on the east coast south of Daytona?
That is what I’m hearing, but don’t quote me.

This is correct.

Hopefully it doesn’t strengthen and do a quick left turn towards St Augustine or Jacksonville

Hopefully it doesn’t strengthen and do a quick left turn towards St Augustine or Jacksonville
It would be hard to strengthen over land at that point, I would imagine.

Weather channel keeps referring to it as Punt-a Gorda like it’s kicking a football to the opposite team. It’s annoying me.

Weather channel keeps referring to it as Punt-a Gorda like it’s kicking a football to the opposite team. It’s annoying me.

Sorry Giants fans

She is so funny, I said, so you have all your supplies? And her response, yeah, I just cooked a bunch of chicken. 😂😂 I love my mother.
My mom told my wife that she had gotten supplies to when she texted to check on them. Lots of vodka and limes.

LOL this would drive me crazy! I literally dropped a Finance class in college (that was my major) because the professor called it Fin ants and there was no way I was making it an entire semester listening to that.

It would be hard to strengthen over land at that point, I would imagine.
He's still new, he'll learn...

Power out at my in laws in Venice

Back