2022 Hurricane Season Thread

Amazing how strong the surge was/is in Naples.

The top picture is the parking lot at my buddies condo where my mother in law also has a condo. That's Gulf Shore Blvd N. in the middle of the frame under 3-4 feet of water. One person in the building decided to stay so he is sending pictures. My daughter’s convertible was parked under the car port in the picture but it’s a Beetle Convertible so it has likely floated away. :)

The second picture is from our condo complex 1/2 mile to the south which consists of 80 individual condos in 20 buildings. All of the garages have 5-6 feet of water in them. Luckily we are a 2nd story unit but the 40 owners on the first floor all have water in their condos.

I'll predict right now that this will be the most expensive hurricane ever in the U.S.

Screen Shot 2022-09-28 at 4.43.40 PM.png

Screen Shot 2022-09-28 at 4.48.19 PM.png

Last edited:
Amazing how strong the surge was/is in Naples.

The parking lot at my buddies condo where my mother in law also has a condo. One person decided to stay so he is sending pictures. My daughter convertible was parked under the car port in the picture but likely has floated away. :)

The second pictue is from our condo complex 1/2 mile to the south which is 20 two story fourplexes. All of the garages have 5-6 feet of water in them so we lost two vehicles today. Luckily we are a 2nd story unit but the 40 owners on the first floor all have water in their condos.

I'll predict right now that this will be the most expensive hurricane ever in the U.S.

View attachment 9123813

View attachment 9123814
That is terrible. Very sorry to hear about this.
Where are you in relation to 5th Ave?

Animation showing that much of Fort Myers is underwater.

A real street shark. Ohh boy

image.jpg

Ya know for your wife being nervous she sure doesn’t show it going out all day haha
Oh those are mine. She is cursing me now while she is at home

I’d like to point out, if Middle Tennessee State can handle a hurricane, the rest of us should be just fine.
Still too soon.

Stay safe my Florida friends.

I’d like to point out, if Middle Tennessee State can handle a hurricane, the rest of us should be just fine.
Low blow!

1000 customers Without power here and the rain has been relentless

Yep- 20 mile
That’s fairly surprising this soon, but you guys got a lot of storms unrelated to this today, and the wind Is picking up.

Back