Tour Event 2022 KPMG Women's PGA Championship

chile

Working with Mercury
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Congressional Country Club - Blue Course

Defending Champ - Nelly Korda

Hope Nelly can go back to back. Glad to see her on form last week!

Hope Nelly can go back to back. Glad to see her on form last week!

So many have the pure talent; Jin Young Ko , Nelly, Jennifer Kupcho, Brook, Leona Maguire, Lydia Ko, Minjee Lee and some others. They say they length is there to challenge the hitters so it should be fun to watch.

Nasa Hataoka is my pick to win, she's played well recently and, for a small 5'2" lady, can really bomb it. Watched her a couple weeks ago hitting 280 yd drives, I'm thinking she has a good week at Congressional.

Nasa Hataoka is my pick to win, she's played well recently and, for a small 5'2" lady, can really bomb it. Watched her a couple weeks ago hitting 280 yd drives, I'm thinking she has a good week at Congressional.
Agree. One thing about the ladies, the overall majority are in the short grass as compared to a lot of the PGA who seem to find the trees and other fairways. Amazing the distance some of the women are getting.

Technique Distance is why I watch woman's golf 🤔 (mostly). If I can mimic the LPGA swing with my added muscle mass... well hello scratch golfer.

o_O

1656007261551.png

In Gee Chun shots an -8 and is leading by 7. Is it over?

Now, it's a 17-way tie for 2nd.

In Gee Chun shots an -8 and is leading by 7. Is it over?
I hope not, that would make for a pretty boring rest of the tournament! I say too early to call it though, there's a lot of talent that could go low and close that gap.

I hope not, that would make for a pretty boring rest of the tournament! I say too early to call it though, there's a lot of talent that could go low and close that gap.
I agree as well...but for those -7 back will force to play a little aggressive to get back in it.

Why is Pressel not playing anymore?

Things are tightening up a bit now. Three ladies are within 3 shots of 1st now.

1656086059237.png

In Gee doesn't tee off for a couple hours; she might throw down the hammer & separate again when she gets on the course.

In Gee is on the course now and already smokin' them again (-3 thru 5 holes) lead back up to 6. 🔥

In Gee is on the course now and already smokin' them again (-3 thru 5 holes) lead back up to 6. 🔥
She is going the distance the gap again.

Kind of disappointed that the Seniors and LPGA have a major on the same weekend. LPGA is hard enough to find live on regular weeks. It shouldn’t be too hard to schedule it where they each can have there own championship week.

Kinda frustrated that Golf Channel is showing replays of the Travelers and US Senior Open ahead of showing the Women's PGA. I'd like to be able to watch this event

Back