Tour Event 2022 KPMG Women's PGA Championship

Putting is Lexi’s one weakness. If she gets that fixed she’ll be hard to beat.
She's been trying to fix it for 5 years now, hasn't one a major in 8? Time is the enemy now.

Putting is Lexi’s one weakness. If she gets that fixed she’ll be hard to beat.
Well... they have actually been saying that for years, now. Gotta feel for her. I think part of the putting problem is the pressure of the moment - and - that she wants it SO BAD... which adds to the pressure.

Why isn't this on TV anywhere? I can only find the SR OPEN :eek:

Watching her on the greens is cringe worthy
I blame the glove, seriously. It can’t help with feel on those short putts. Take it off

what hurt lexi most was the hole 16 par 5. she hit a bomb drive and good approach. but then she hit a terrible chip that rolled off the green. then putted off the green and blasted 18 feet pass the hole. ended up with a bogey. from the position after the 2nd shot i think she would bogey it less then 3% of the time.

I just read it took the leaders 5 hours 45 minutes to finish. Is that correct?

I just read it took the leaders 5 hours 45 minutes to finish. Is that correct?
It's close. They teed off at 10:30 am ET, and the NBC broadcast ran past the end of their time slot at 4 pm. They moved the start of some track and field event to CNBC briefly.

The last group also got a $2000 slow play fine.

Talk about adding insult to injury! Chun should've picked up the tab on that, she looked like the slowest player all weekend.

It's close. They teed off at 10:30 am ET, and the NBC broadcast ran past the end of their time slot at 4 pm. They moved the start of some track and field event to CNBC briefly.

That is insane. Talk about slow play.

didn't get to watch yesterday as i was failing at golf all morning/afternoon. glad to hear chun got the win. i'll have to watch the recording later.

Was it just me or was the TV coverage way better than what we get for the PGA tournaments

what hurt lexi most was the hole 16 par 5. she hit a bomb drive and good approach. but then she hit a terrible chip that rolled off the green. then putted off the green and blasted 18 feet pass the hole. ended up with a bogey. from the position after the 2nd shot i think she would bogey it less then 3% of the time.
I agree with this point. Ms. Thompson's short putts on fourteen and seventeen are, understandably, receiving a lot of attention. But that chip shot short of the green on Sixteen was straight up awful.

didn't get to watch yesterday as i was failing at golf all morning/afternoon. glad to hear chun got the win. i'll have to watch the recording later.
It's kinda heartbreaking to watch if you're a Lexi fan. I feel for her, it has to hurt - especially when it keeps happening.

I really like to watch the LPGA but the slow play aspect especially when they focus so much on one group just makes it unwatchable in real time. Thank goodness for PVR and the 30 second skip feature on the remote. Funny thing is you can start watching 1.5-2 hours behind the broadcast and be caught up before it ends 😉.

Back