Pops

Formerly Bbutler
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
As 2021 comes to an end and 2022 is rapidly arriving what are your golf resolutions for the new year. I have a few.
1. Improve green reading
2. Continue work on a sway free backswing
3. Use sim more for practice than just beating balls and playing courses. This one will be tough.
4. Stay involved in THP and cross fingers for an experience.

• Start taking lessons
  • Practice more intently
  • Utilize my putting mat more often
  • Attend an event
  • Play More

All things that are attainable. I just have to put in the effort.

I don’t do resolutions they always fail

Will 2nd your #4 and add a few:

1. Continue with lessons over the winter and take a playing lesson in the spring.
2. Develop focused practice routines with my swing coach.
3. Register my oldest son for a camp/program this year now that he's old enough and encourage his first footsteps into the game.

Resolution: My practice/improvement focus will be on short game. Chipping will improve. Putting routine will now include aimpoint and line on ball. I will meet my golf performance goals for 2022 one way or another, and improving short game is pretty much the only way it will happen.

I don't do resolutions... I've learned that "doing" resolutions fails. I will intend to change my behavior or my habits. It sounds like the same thing and it may be if you lok at it technically but... it works for me.

#1. Play more. I just want to play more golf. A handful of rounds per year is not what I want. I want more.
#2. Practice. Whether it's swinging a wedge in my front yard or putting on wood or carpet in my house with my Blast Golf sensor... I need to practice.

My 2022 resolutions focus around improvement. They would be continue to focus on tempo along with a minor rebuild of my swing fundamentals. Next level for me is most likely not there without more consistency.

My biggest resolution is to stick to my fitness routine in the offseason to try and increase my clubhead speed. I am committed to the Fit for Golf program for the next 11 weeks (started week 2 today).

I would add a Speed Stick or Stack program but I live in a cold weather area and don't have ceiling height anywhere to swing them.

2022 Goals

Play more Golf
Have more fun
Play with my sons more
Get TPT Golf Iron Shafts for MP-22 :ROFLMAO:
Travel to Bandon and Monterey for golf
Be Consistent with Fitness and Speed Training
Consistently score in 70's

Long story short, one of my resolutions is to practice more which will come true since I will be switching golf clubs to one with a short game area in addition to a grass driving range.

Resolutions:
  • Practice more: hit the range or short game area once a week or so.
  • Walk more: new membership is sans cart so I will be walking with a push cart.
  • Work on tempo: slowing my back swing produces more consistency off the tee
  • Work on reading putts: my strokes gained on putting is something to work on. My goal is to keep putts per round under 33 next year.
  • Learn to focus more and for longer: My scores ranged from 96 to 74 (par 72). That is a bit of a range of scores.

I will obtain a handicap next year.
I will strive for mediocrity.

Play 50+ rounds
Maintain 8 handicap

Get down to at least a 15 handicap. To do that, I will need to improve consistency in ball striking, short game, and putting. With the lessons I'm taking and time spent practicing, I know I'm capable of reaching this goal.

Just to fall back in love with the game. It’s been a weird three years with surgery, COVID, and building a house. I want to get back to that place where the golf course was my safe haven, and it didn’t matter how I played, or what I shot. Just that I was enjoying myself and the game was fun.

Having just gotten a membership this past Sept:

- Play 80+ rounds (plus play 3 rounds per month with my kids at the executive courses)
- Reduce my handicap index down to single digits (14 currently)
- Break 80
- Get my wedge game back to respectability, which will impact #2/3 above

These are all stretch goals, but I'm shooting high.

I only have one goal

1. To stay healthy.

Everything else is irrelevant when you can’t play.

I have my knee scope scheduled for 1-5. Hopefully the rehab will be quick and I can get back to pounding balls.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I don't do resolutions either, but I do plan on playing more, getting my normal swing back since my knee replacements and trying to get my hdcp down below a 5.

Come on Spring !!

Not really resolutions, but goals for me. Several things come to mind that should keep me in the mid to low 80s and hopefully keep me out of the high 80s and 90s for 2022. I want to get back down to a 10 handicap. I was there for a short while this summer, but it flew away. Getting older is not helping my golf game at all. :cool:

1. Chipping (locking in high percentage chips from any lie).
2. Putting (stronger from all reads).
3. Consistency off the tee box.

Get down to at least a 15 handicap. To do that, I will need to improve consistency in ball striking, short game, and putting. With the lessons I'm taking and time spent practicing, I know I'm capable of reaching this goal.

In short, I want to break 90 consistently even on my bad days. I've broken 90, but consistency has been a major issue. Would love to scare 80 several times too. 😆

After doing my daily pushups, I plan on adding 50 practice putts.

1. Stay Healthy
2. Keep everything golf related in proper perspective.

Back