2022 Srixon Q-Star Tour Golf Balls

I've had pretty mixed feelings about the ball labeling. As someone who typically prefers to use a tour ball, I've like the consistency across brands to have a basic presentation, so inverting the writing to a line is a silly, yet notable step.

That in mind, I am absolutely SUPER interested in the performance of this ball - I think it'll be right up my alley. Great feedback here Deano

This ball segment seems to be growing in popularity. I dont know who came out with one first. My mind goes to the the project (a) ball. I think as of yet the Qstar has done it the best.

This ball segment seems to be growing in popularity.
As it should... And Srixon is about to do some competitors dirty if this ball gets some recognition because the price point is incredible.

As it should... And Srixon is about to do some competitors dirty if this ball gets some recognition because the price point is incredible.

For real.

Great writeup. This is a good ball. I used the last version on a whim last year when I was on travel for the Navy and didn't bring enough balls. They were great around the greens but felt like a marshmallow off the driver and long clubs. Still a fantastic option for a lot of people though.

This is a great ball for a lot of golfers. I tried it and loved it with the exception off the tee. I found this one to be shorter even though with irons and wedges this one performed pretty well.

I definitely see the QST keeping it's spot as my primary ball. I've been fortunate enough to test some of the tour balls here on THP the last couple of years, and I always use the QST in my comparison tests. The QST hasn't come out on top in those comparisons as far as performance is concerned, but it is always really close. Looking at value though, it always wins in the best "Bang-For-The-Buck", especially when you see the new tour balls are up to $50 a dozen.

Last edited:
I like that they kept the same price as last season. A good ball at a budget price. Can’t go wrong. Thanks for the write up!

Still the best performance per dollar golf ball available today! Huge fan!

Great write up. I played the QST several rounds October - December. I liked it but found the Tour Response to be better off the tee and very close to as good as the QST on and around the green. The QST was lights out on iron shots.

I'll be fun to give the QST another go.

After the recent THP TV spot with @Canadan comparing the entire Srixon lineup, I want to give this new generation a try.

Been pondering a switch to the QST since that last tech studio video. Now a new generation is out.

Might be a sign.

I’m really starting to question why I have never tried this golf ball. It sounds awesome and the price is perfect. Nice write up @ddec

I’m really starting to question why I have never tried this golf ball. It sounds awesome and the price is perfect. Nice write up @ddec

Because you are one powerful sob

I have tried it a few times with some success. I don't mind the ball from tee to greenside, but thought it was a little clicky on the short shots. It really is a solid option

A demi-god of your nature plays only the upmost premium products.

Nice write up @ddec! This has been a very good ball for my game and has been in my ball rotation for the past 4-5 years. I will be adding the 2022 version to the lineup!

I'm always interested in checking out the QST's! Glad Srixon keeps trying to make them better.

I am a fan of the QST. The question is, is the yellow like a soft feel or the sparkly yellow as in prior gens?

Absolutely a very solid ball, especially for the price point.

I was at the store yesterday, was hoping to pick some up but not in stores yet haha. I will be trying this ball this year.

I was at the store yesterday, was hoping to pick some up but not in stores yet haha. I will be trying this ball this year.

yeah, i went to the DSG because it said they had them...nope. but i was gonna buy some anyway so grabbed a couple of dozen of the "old" version and a dozen 💎 to fill that void left by buying "old stuff"

I am taking the plunge as well - price is excellent for a ball with this kind of performance, and I excited to see how it performs off the tee and greenside too.

Back