2022 TaylorMade STEALTH Drivers

It looks like you almost landed in the tree. What happened?

ha ha. Just kidding. That is unbelievable.
I've found this drive at the range recently, that doesn't seem that impressive, but flies like crazy. It's almost a tiny bit pushy, but my hands get through the ball surprisingly fast. Just had to get a big carry over the hill here and not hit anything. 🤷‍♂️

I have witnesses to how I hit this now, and how good it is for me.

And I sort of hate it.

Has anyone heard any feedback that the Sim 2 is producing better results than the Stealth? I was at PGA Tour Superstore today and my son wanted to demo the Stealth, rep asked what he played and told him Sim 2, he had a puzzled look on his face and said that he had at least 20 Stealth returns from Sim 2 upgrades. Needless to say he didn’t try it.

Has anyone heard any feedback that the Sim 2 is producing better results than the Stealth? I was at PGA Tour Superstore today and my son wanted to demo the Stealth, rep asked what he played and told him Sim 2, he had a puzzled look on his face and said that he had at least 20 Stealth returns from Sim 2 upgrades. Needless to say he didn’t try it.
I have hit both of them and I don’t believe that to be true for me. Honestly, I thought that Sim was better than Sim 2. I also believe that Stealth is better than both Sim releases, at least for me it is.

I have hit both of them and I don’t believe that to be true for me. Honestly, I thought that Sim was better than Sim 2. I also believe that Stealth is better than both Sim releases, at least for me it is.
Same. I think the SIM is still superior to the SIM2 in almost every way.

I think for those that have really given sim, sim2, and stealth a fair chance would say Sim2 was the worst among the 3.

I know I returned SIM2 the same day I got it lol. Stealth has been miles better than either. First time in a long time I haven’t looked for another driver during the season.

So, I just had the best driving day of the season yesterday. on hole 2 my back decided to start going out. I went birdie birdie thanks to great drives setting me up. I had to tone things down after that as my back progressively got worse through the round. But, as my mobility declined, it’s like my drives weren’t affected. Had a boat load of confidence on some really tight holes.

I only hit driver 5-7 times in a round at my course. 5 if I’m not swinging great, 7 if I am. The back was almost completely shot by the end of the round. It cost me a few strokes when I had a wedge in hand that required a little more bending over. But all things considered I had 5 birdies which helped save my round from some of the mistakes that I made.

I am completely flummoxed. I cannot decide which driver wins in my bag battle. I feel like when my swing is dead on, the Stealth Plus gives me my very best numbers. However, the LTD X LS feels like it might be just a tad easier to swing the way that I have it set up, particularly late in the round. I don’t think there has ever been a year where two drivers stood out for me like these two do this year. I feel like my game would be better if I would make a decision and just stick with it for a while.

Has anybody ever had a situation where you find two drivers at the exact same time that you truly love?

So, I just had the best driving day of the season yesterday. on hole 2 my back decided to start going out. I went birdie birdie thanks to great drives setting me up. I had to tone things down after that as my back progressively got worse through the round. But, as my mobility declined, it’s like my drives weren’t affected. Had a boat load of confidence on some really tight holes.

I only hit driver 5-7 times in a round at my course. 5 if I’m not swinging great, 7 if I am. The back was almost completely shot by the end of the round. It cost me a few strokes when I had a wedge in hand that required a little more bending over. But all things considered I had 5 birdies which helped save my round from some of the mistakes that I made.
Love that it was there for you, hate to hear about your back. Hopefully it doesn't linger and you can get back out there to crush this thing some more soon.

I am completely flummoxed. I cannot decide which driver wins in my bag battle. I feel like when my swing is dead on, the Stealth Plus gives me my very best numbers. However, the LTD X LS feels like it might be just a tad easier to swing the way that I have it set up, particularly late in the round. I don’t think there has ever been a year where two drivers stood out for me like these two do this year. I feel like my game would be better if I would make a decision and just stick with it for a while.

Has anybody ever had a situation where you find two drivers at the exact same time that you truly love?
No. There are no ties in this.

This has been quite the bag battle, but I have made my decision. The Stealth Plus is the winner, after yesterday’s round. I started off with the following three drives:

3E8DA64B-D83F-4ED7-B9F9-1AE890AAFA2C.jpeg634F77CA-7F3B-4635-9DC5-6D27BA5B5BAE.jpeg5761C763-D7D9-45D3-8D87-4F91FCC46408.jpeg

I hit 6/11 fairways with driver. It has taken me a while to accept that my ball shape with the Stealth Plus is a fade, whereas I normally hit a straight ball or slight draw. However, there just seems to be a bit more horsepower with the Stealth Plus than the Cobra. I am not quite as straight with the Stealth Plus, but they are very close. I also have become very smitten with the feel and sound.

I honestly really wanted the Cobra to win. It is such a great driver and I have an affinity for Cobra equipment, but my blue faced Stealth is the winner.

This has been quite the bag battle, but I have made my decision. The Stealth Plus is the winner, after yesterday’s round. I started off with the following three drives:

View attachment 9097333View attachment 9097334View attachment 9097335

I hit 6/11 fairways with driver. It has taken me a while to accept that my ball shape with the Stealth Plus is a fade, whereas I normally hit a straight ball or slight draw. However, there just seems to be a bit more horsepower with the Stealth Plus than the Cobra. I am not quite as straight with the Stealth Plus, but they are very close. I also have become very smitten with the feel and sound.

I honestly really wanted the Cobra to win. It is such a great driver and I have an affinity for Cobra equipment, but my blue faced Stealth is the winner.
Embrace the fade! It's such a great stock shot. So easy to control.

I picked up a Stealth hd driver demo for a run. Just could not get on with it. Didn't like the weight of it to heavy and really did not care shape of it. Anyway returned it and decide to keep my Tsi2 which for my swing delivers much better results.

I'm hot and golf tired so I decided to put the short shaft in the Stealth Plus this morning to save myself a little effort. I proceeded to hit 2 of the first 5 fairways for +2. Adjusted and went 7 for the next 8 and -5. And it was longer than the shortie Cobra once I figured out how to hit it. I went to the range after to confirm. So I feel like when I want to a play a shortie this head will do more than fine.

I have witnesses to how I hit this now, and how good it is for me.

And I sort of hate it.
This head and Ventus TR. It just wants to go straight..

Tried the Stealth at the local 2nd Swing. Honestly, couldn't stand it. The face felt really... hard? It almost felt like I was hitting a rock, there was none of the pleasant sort of sympathetic vibration that I feel from other clubs. Performance was bad too, but I'm willing to put that down to the club not being a good fit for me. The feel, though, just terrible in my opinion.

So went to golf shop , this morning ( couple hours ago ) and ordered driver from demo day and fitter settings ,
whilst in shop l asked could l have a hit with one they had, 12 deg hd head in hzdous smoke red shaft . 15 shots, no warm up , first few below what l my range would be . Several more , had encouraging results , then started landing them round where l should be ,

And then l asked what’s the dispersion , over dozen shots within 20 metre circle all but 1 on fairway , with gentle draw. He said based on results , you’ve still got more distance in there also …

All this did was reinforce, my thought , of wanting something that finds turf not rough , and gives me opportunities instead of trying to rescue ..

Approx 2-3 week for club to arrive ..

Then can take on draw preferred holes , and yes will have my other driver in bag , l,play with dozen clubs so have that capacity, using that straight line launch vehicle.

Tried the Stealth at the local 2nd Swing. Honestly, couldn't stand it. The face felt really... hard? It almost felt like I was hitting a rock, there was none of the pleasant sort of sympathetic vibration that I feel from other clubs. Performance was bad too, but I'm willing to put that down to the club not being a good fit for me. The feel, though, just terrible in my opinion.
It is interesting how differently we all perceive things. The Callaways feel awesome this year, but to me the Stealth Plus is the equal of any driver released this year for feel/sound, with the possible exception of the Callaways. I love how the Stealth feels. To me, it has an extremely satisfying, dense feel to it.

It is interesting how differently we all perceive things. The Callaways feel awesome this year, but to me the Stealth Plus is the equal of any driver released this year for feel/sound, with the possible exception of the Callaways. I love how the Stealth feels. To me, it has an extremely satisfying, dense feel to it.
I tried multiple drivers , Titleist , Mizuno , Callaway and Cobra , nothing at the time gave me “The sum “ l was after , and would hand over the cash for … this weapon arrived , tried it and it stacked up with visual and metrics.

Tried the stealth plus at a local demo day. I tried the ventus black velocore 7x shaft with it and was hitting it extremely well. But my experience with the "fitter" (young college kid doing an internship for the summer?) was unpleasant. He told me my swing speed wasn't high enough for the shaft and was pushing the Kai'li. For the record, I have the original Kai'li in my driver and 3 wood and have had them for a long while now, but the fitter told me I was mistaken because it's a new line

Anyway, the actual performance with the Black 7x was fantastic. I don't have a crazy swing speed, but I think the stiffness of the shaft really helped keep the face square with my extremely quick transition. So now I have to go find the shaft and head somewhere local so I can try it again and see what happens.

Really liked the feel and sound.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Tried the stealth plus at a local demo day. I tried the ventus black velocore 7x shaft with it and was hitting it extremely well. But my experience with the "fitter" (young college kid doing an internship for the summer?) was unpleasant. He told me my swing speed wasn't high enough for the shaft and was pushing the Kai'li. For the record, I have the original Kai'li in my driver and 3 wood and have had them for a long while now, but the fitter told me I was mistaken because it's a new line

Anyway, the actual performance with the Black 7x was fantastic. I don't have a crazy swing speed, but I think the stiffness of the shaft really helped keep the face square with my extremely quick transition. So now I have to go find the shaft and head somewhere local so I can try it again and see what happens.

I mean, I’m sure he meant that this is a new version of the Kai’li, which, it is. Also, FWIW, the 7X black is one of the stoutest shafts on the planet, so the kid isn’t totally crazy haha

I mean, I’m sure he meant that this is a new version of the Kai’li, which, it is. Also, FWIW, the 7X black is one of the stoutest shafts on the planet, so the kid isn’t totally crazy haha
I agree with Jman. The only thing the Kai’li White has with the old Diamana Kai’li is the name “Kai’li“ being part of the name.

If you like the Ventus Black 7X it makes sense the stock Kai'li might not be your favorite. Like James said it also makes some sense he'd be pushing you towards something else if your SS isn't high or you're not 6'4 230. Whatever works is what fits though, and if you have an 'extremely quick transition' , especially if you change planes a bit, I can see it definitely helping you square up a little easier. Love that you're planning to go hit the combo again. Big fan of the multiple sessions to decide.

He actually told me the Kai'li never existed before I had to show him a picture.

I'm on a mission to hit that shaft again because I want to show myself I am not completely crazy

Back