2022 TaylorMade STEALTH Drivers

I took my wife to the great place with the pretty things to order some other club fun, and after, talking about new drivers, wife and I had maybe the best conversation I've ever had.

Her: Which one are we taking about?

The one with the red face.

Her: I want one (she likes the look)

No.

Her: But you're getting one?

Yeah

Her: How much are they?

You're not getting one. (I'm not buying you that)

Her: How much?

About $600 before tax

Her: I'd like to get you that for your birthday.

I took my wife to the great place with the pretty things to order some other club fun, and after, talking about new drivers, wife and I had maybe the best conversation I've ever had.

No.

Yeah

About $600 before tax

No.

Yeah

About $600 before tax

Dang, you married well

No.

Yeah

About $600 before tax

I am still looking for that unicorn wife:unsure:

:ROFLMAO:

I am still looking for that unicorn wife:unsure:

:ROFLMAO:
My wife is close but yea, I've got wife envy now! If she's ever hears or sees this, it wasn't me. My account must have been hacked 💥

No.

Yeah

About $600 before tax

She seems quite proud of herself for the reaction I had. I'm not very easy to buy for, or surprise.

I'm going to decide on the details quick this week and get it done though. Don't want to risk me pissing her off her changing her mind.

The red looks much more subtle in person, almost like a charcoal red. Seems brighter in some pics.

She seems quite proud of herself for the reaction I had. I'm not very easy to buy for, or surprise.

I'm going to decide on the details quick this week and get it done though. Don't want to risk me pissing her off her changing her mind.
I would have gotten it in writing.

Another interesting question - have we ever heard of the amount of layers used to produce a carbon crown? I'd have no clue how thick it is, but curious that they felt the need to represent the sixty layers for the face durability.
Lol! I was able to take probably twenty swings with it so I got a little taste. I stopped in to buy some grips not expecting them to have it so I went in completely cold, didn't stretch and had some crappy shoes on. These thoughts are all pretty general since it was very out of the blue and quick.

Looks wise it's really nice. The crown is fine but I prefer the old white and gray as I thought that crown was one of the best looking of all time. The shape is fantastic though. Standing over the ball I didn't really notice the red face too much but I didn't put much focus on it either. My knock on the Sim drivers was the shallow face and they really improved that here with it being deeper than the past. Overall they did very well with the look.

Sound/feel wise I was also impressed. Even after watching videos on YouTube I couldn't help but think it would be a really dull, dead sounding driver but I was completely wrong. To me it doesn't sound a whole lot different than the current carbon crown drivers in the market. The feel was great as well, very solid and on good strikes had a nice trampoline feel like I could feel the ball rebounding. I think a lot of people will like it.

Performance wise was tough to tell because of how unprepared I was but it was solid. I was using the Mitsubishi Kai'li shaft in stiff flex. I didn't get screenshots but going off of memory I think my best swings were 104-105mph clubhead speed with 151-152 ball speed. I made no adjustments to the club, it was all stock and I was seeing a hard draw with it. Not surprising since that's my norm so I'm sure a little adjustment would get me in a better flight.

I really like the look of it and the sound/feel is really nice. I didn't hit it against anything else (the new Rogue was supposedly showing up this afternoon) so I can't make any comparisons but I think TaylorMade has a very good product here.

But….. did you have a golf glove in your back pocket while entering store i.e. standard Internet dress code for GG, etc?

I'm having unhealthy thoughts about my Ridtipe LX 60 TX with the Plus head for some reason.

I have problems.

Last edited:
pretty sure speedzone xtreme pars and stripes came with a real deal ventus blue. and it was only a little bit more than the normal version. maybe $100 more? i don’t recall. i bought and hated that thing lol

i believe it was the Hzrdus RDX Blue PVD finish not the Ventus Blue.

Another interesting question - have we ever heard of the amount of layers used to produce a carbon crown? I'd have no clue how thick it is, but curious that they felt the need to represent the sixty layers for the face durability.

On another podcast today with a TM Engineer on the Stealth he said 6 layers of carbon on the crown which is 10% of the face in terms of layers. I believe he also said formulation was different which could explain the significance in number of layers.

i believe it was the Hzrdus RDX Blue PVD finish not the Ventus Blue.
The pars and stripes from 2 years ago had a ventus blue.

That would be worth about 30,000 yards for me over last year. About a penny per drive. For almost one less club in.

Sign me up.
So you are saying you had 3,000 drives last year? Wow, no wonder you are stiff. I bow down to your greatness.

Well this is the same woman who told me she wasn't buying me anything that had to do with golf for Christmas recently.

I think I like birthdays better. :D
Let’s do a little life comparison. You are married. I am divorced. Your wife will buy you a $600 driver for your birthday. My former wife bought me a bunch of smart light bulbs for my house for my birthday. Again, I bow down to your greatness.

So you are saying you had 3,000 drives last year? Wow, no wonder you are stiff. I bow down to your greatness.
Round about. When I'm playing for real I pretty much use driver on any non par 3 unless it has a hazard a really aggressive line can't solve, so 14 per round, reduced by the rounds where I play mostly irons for other reasons, multiplied by number of rounds, carry the pain... Yeah. Sounds right. :p

9 yards less on that many approach shots is probably worth a small fortune. I'd definitely buy it for a penny per.

I'm really curious to see what kind of ball flight people have when they start hitting this more. My brother and I went to Austads yesterday and both hit the Plus. My brother is a +2 handicap and very good with driver. He currently uses a Mavrik Sub Zero and naturally fades the ball. Now this was without making and club adjustments and hitting a neutral setup but he was hitting draws with it and even when he tried fading it the ball would only go straight, maybe a tiny fade.

He then tried a TSi3 and was back to a straight or slight fade flight.

I took a handful of swings and was also seeing a hard draw. After this we went to the simulator and played a round and neither of us hit draws like that.

I don't know if it was just the setup at the store that doesn't like reading the face correctly but I was super surprised by my brother's results.

Well this is the same woman who told me she wasn't buying me anything that had to do with golf for Christmas recently.

It is a woman's prerogative to change her emotions or mind at any time.

I've learned that much. It's up to me to appreciate the change.:ROFLMAO:

I'm really curious to see what kind of ball flight people have when they start hitting this more. My brother and I went to Austads yesterday and both hit the Plus. My brother is a +2 handicap and very good with driver. He currently uses a Mavrik Sub Zero and naturally fades the ball. Now this was without making and club adjustments and hitting a neutral setup but he was hitting draws with it and even when he tried fading it the ball would only go straight, maybe a tiny fade.

He then tried a TSi3 and was back to a straight or slight fade flight.

I took a handful of swings and was also seeing a hard draw. After this we went to the simulator and played a round and neither of us hit draws like that.

I don't know if it was just the setup at the store that doesn't like reading the face correctly but I was super surprised by my brother's results.
Draws are sexy!!! I don't mind if it allow/helps me hit a draw, but there are times during the round on holes a draw won't play so it is nice to be able to hit a fade at will when needed.

Back