2022 TaylorMade STEALTH Drivers

If we're not shut down for weather tomorrow wife and I are going to go hit them and put the order in. I want to spend a little more time with the Kai'li 60X and I figure she can try one there since she's never going to get her hands on the one she's buying me. :LOL:
Haha. Picking up some chatter on the Kai’Li being a touch soft. Don’t be afraid to get that baby tip trimmed a bit. Or, you can pull a real boss move. Fuji is announcing a new product next week that is more than likely a new ventus (when I say more than likely, I mean I saw one in their 2022 catalog).

Haha. Picking up some chatter on the Kai’Li being a touch soft. Don’t be afraid to get that baby tip trimmed a bit. Or, you can pull a real boss move. Fuji is announcing a new product next week that is more than likely a new ventus (when I say more than likely, I mean I saw one in their 2022 catalog).
That's why I want to spend a little more time with it. That, and I'm probably more than a little stuck with what I order. I don't think trading in her gift is likely to go over well. Lol

I'm curious about the new Ventus, especially what looks at a glance like a pretty long section of x-stiff tip and a touch more feel in the rest, but will probably wait and swing it a few times before I'd pull the trigger on it.

That's why I want to spend a little more time with it. That, and I'm probably more than a little stuck with what I order. I don't think trading in her gift is likely to go over well. Lol

I'm curious about the new Ventus, especially what looks at a glance like a pretty long section of x-stiff tip and a touch more feel in the rest, but will probably wait and swing it a few times before I'd pull the trigger on it.
I like the look of it. Higher cpm and lower torque but the looks a touch softer in places. The tighter handle could be nice. My only fear is the balance point. I always felt that the balance point of the blue seemed a little higher. Was about as high as I care to go. If the handle is going to have more material, could raise it even more.

Only one way to find out though. Buy one and plug it into my stealth plus! If the balance seems too high, I can pick up an extra weight or two for the head once they’re available.

Anyone else get a chance to try these out now that demo heads are starting to show up?
Noticed my home course had a few demos in when I played a few days ago. I actually liked the look and feel of the face but I arrived too close to my tee time to actually hit them. It's a new driver year for me so I'm sure I'll start testing these soon enough but we got a pretty decent amount of snow yesterday and short term forecast doesn't look all that good(n)

Noticed my home course had a few demos in when I played a few days ago. I actually liked the look and feel of the face but I arrived too close to my tee time to actually hit them. It's a new driver year for me so I'm sure I'll start testing these soon enough but we got a pretty decent amount of snow yesterday and short term forecast doesn't look all that good(n)
What else is on your radar besides the stealth? What version do you think would suit you best just going off if what’s on paper?

20220116_134520.jpg

20220116_134824.jpg
Let's get stupid!! :p

Yep. Kai'li is a no go for me. Always want that fancier no upcharge, but it's just a bad fit for my swing.

Yep. Kai'li is a no go for me. Always want that fancier no upcharge, but it's just a bad fit for my swing.
Their upcharges are pretty reasonable compared to others. $250 for most vs $350 from others.

They have the RDX red in 6.5? I’m curious how that one holds up. The 6.0 didn’t feel loose to me at all.

That’s all your feedback?

They have the RDX red in 6.5? I’m curious how that one holds up. The 6.0 didn’t feel loose to me at all.
It's definitely a better fit for me. Order coming...

It's definitely a better fit for me. Order coming...
I haven’t held the Kai’Li. I’ve heard it’s soft. The RDX red did not feel soft at all. Even in 6.0. For a stock option, it felt pretty tight. I’m wondering if it gave higher Launch or spin. I’m guessing it is more mid mid.

My shop did not. They had a shaft plugged into every head, but the Plus was the only X on the floor, and it was a Kai-li or whatever.

My shop did not. They had a shaft plugged into every head, but the Plus was the only X on the floor, and it was a Kai-li or whatever.
I haven't actually seen one in a fitting cart, so I wonder if they're not going to be common to test. One of the TM guys here has it though.

I haven't actually seen one in a fitting cart, so I wonder if they're not going to be common to test. One of the TM guys here has it though.
So…still waiting here for your thoughts, findings, and results.

Going to take a stab. Stealth Plus 8° with RDX Red. TM tips them 1” by default I think so assuming you left it at that. For some reason I think maybe you’re going to bump the loft up on it a touch.

My hands are busy!! :p
Damnit, man! It’s been an hour and a half. I don’t know what is going on out there, but it is starting to seem like Florida. The next thing we know, you are going to tell us a clubfitter buddy showed up and was gaming the club in a uniflex.

This could be the first TM driver I own..

very briefly, going this week to spend some quality time with it.
Sweet! Looking forward to hearing what you think.

Back