2022 weight loss and nutrition thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I made it through Thanksgiving and didn't gain anything... and I jumped on the scale this morning... checked twice. 149.8:oops::) I'm almost thinking of aiming for 145... a number I haven't seen since 1988.

I've bought some new work pants. The 32x32's and 32x34's I have don't fit. Some just fall off me... and I got a little tired of that look.
I made it through with nothing gained either but I definitely over ate. Played enough golf to burn it all lol.

I haven't looked at my weight in quite a while. Probably close to a month. I've been still getting on the scale so that it tracks my numbers just doing it backwards. It's something I learned from Bert Kreischer of all people. He was talking about how he still wanted the tracking information but didn't necessarily care about his actual weight. I might want or need that data at some point. I've been adding a good amount of muscle with the heavy workout schedule I keep. I'm also eating more (still relatively healthy just more) as a result of that. I figure I'm probably up a few LB's.

My clothes I bought from when I lost 30lb and 4 pants sizes earlier this year still fit nicely and my shirts are starting to fill out nicely in my chest and shoulders. I also feel better than I ever have. Really, that's all that matters to me at this point. I figured out that I was getting too hung up on the number. It was effecting my mood when I would bounce around up 3lb then down 3lb another time. I'm just going to keep exercising an hour a day, keep eating decently, and if my pants ever get too tight again then I'll know I need to start thinking about the number again.

It's nice to have that reprieve for now.

Down 24 lbs over the past 3 months and at a stand still. I only weigh on Wednesday mornings but thought I would see how Thanksgiving was to me. Added 4 lbs which I hope comes off in a few days. It was a very good Thanksgiving!

I made it through Thanksgiving and didn't gain anything... and I jumped on the scale this morning... checked twice. 149.8:oops::) I'm almost thinking of aiming for 145... a number I haven't seen since 1988.

I've bought some new work pants. The 32x32's and 32x34's I have don't fit. Some just fall off me... and I got a little tired of that look.

I've been at my 1988 weight since August and am holding steady. it is a nice mental achievement but really just a number. all the pants that don't fit should be moved to storage but then I'd own likely only 2 pants :(

my first Thanksgiving Observations eating low glycemic

I ate turkey, ham, green beans, sweet potatoes and wine with dinner. Cheese and summer sausage before dinner and had a piece of chocholate cake for desert to be social as much as anything. I passed on rolls, mashed potatoes and stuffing.

-after dinner, I was not overly tired. Everyone else needed a nap and I normally do as well.

- we ate at 4pm and everyone said they were a bit hungry at 9pm, I was not

- I've bottomed out on my weight but still have the habit of getting on the scales; i might have lost a 1/2 lb potentially because I did not eat until 9am the next morning which is a pretty good fasting period.

213.8 this morning but holding the 215 average steady for the week. I'm happy about that having Thanksgiving in there plus not doing any exercising at all to give my knees a break.

Down 24 lbs over the past 3 months and at a stand still. I only weigh on Wednesday mornings but thought I would see how Thanksgiving was to me. Added 4 lbs which I hope comes off in a few days. It was a very good Thanksgiving!

I've just been eating less... fewer calories in means fewer to burn. But that's just what works for me.

I've been at my 1988 weight since August and am holding steady. it is a nice mental achievement but really just a number. all the pants that don't fit should be moved to storage but then I'd own likely only 2 pants :(
Yes, its just a number... but also... I don't know. Not everyone my age can say they're within 5 pounds of their high school graduation weight... which was 30 years ago. I'm looking good. I feel good. But the people I'd want to share this with the most...

Anyway. Yeah, I've moved the pants I've got to another side of my closet. Lord knows I've got enough space in it... well. If I do what I know needs to be done but don't want to yet because it closes a chapter in my life that I'm just simply not ready yet for it to happen.:cry:

I'm a mess.. need to get back on track. It's been a battle this year

This might sound crazy and it kinda is but for the past week I’ve been fooling around with this ChatGPT AI. It’s freaking impressive.

I decided to talk to it about diet and meal planning. I told it I wanted high protein lunches and dinners planned for me. I think it did a pretty good job.

Day of the WeekLunchDinner
SundayGrilled chicken breast (3.5 ounces) with mixed vegetables and a small sweet potatoGrilled steak (4 ounces) with roasted asparagus and a small baked sweet potato
MondayTurkey and cheese sandwich on whole grain bread with lettuce, tomato, and avocado, served with a side of mixed fruitChicken and vegetable stir-fry made with brown rice
TuesdayTuna salad made with canned tuna, mayonnaise, diced celery, and onion, served on a bed of mixed greens and topped with sliced almondsTurkey and black bean chili with a side of mixed veggies
WednesdayBlack bean and quinoa burrito with salsa and guacamole, served with a side of mixed vegetablesShrimp and vegetable kebabs with a small serving of brown rice
ThursdayBaked salmon (4 ounces) with roasted Brussels sprouts and a small baked potatoBaked cod (4 ounces) with roasted broccoli and a small side salad
FridayGrilled chicken or turkey breast (3.5 ounces) with a mixed green salad and a side of cherry tomatoesGrilled chicken or turkey breast (3.5 ounces) with steamed broccoli and a small baked sweet potato
SaturdayEgg salad made with boiled eggs, light mayonnaise, and diced celery, served on whole grain bread with lettuce and tomatoChicken and vegetable stir-fry made with frozen mixed vegetables and served over brown rice

Down another four lbs since Nov 14, to 195. Functional doc has me on an elimination diet that should get me to a baseline, after which we add things back slowly to see what the bad actors are. which

I'm disappointed at my lack of effort and self-discipline over the last 8 months or so. I've yoyo'd, lost interest, gained new interest and weight, lost it, rinse, repeat, etc, but I've managed to be down 10 since this time last year. It's not what I envisioned at the beginning of the year but is better than being up 10.

Gained a couple of lbs over the past week apparently...it was only a couple of pieces of chocolate!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back