2022 weight loss and nutrition thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Awesome job GG!!! You are such a big part of the fitness community here and I’ve really enjoyed following your progress and learning from you!

Thank you! I truly have a passion for it, it honestly brings me a ton of joy, and I love when I can help someone. I love to learn, I'm a true nerd, so I am always reading about health, fitness and healthy cooking. I could get lost in that for hours haha.

I did it! I finally hit my birthday goal! I wanted to be 115 by my birthday, I'm just over a month behind on reaching that, but that's ok, I finally did it! Next, and final goal is 110, I honestly don't really want to go much below that. 105 is pretty much the lowest I would go, and with working out, I am not sure that would be healthy, honestly. But my focus is truly less on the number on the scale and more on keeping the body fat low, which is something I am actively working on now. I know the areas I need to work on to make that happen, so now we see if I can do it. I enjoy these micro goals, I find them far more attainable than setting some lofty goal that seems impossible to get.

This is from yesterday, this morning was actually 114.6, it's all the same though, it's under 115!

View attachment 9117249
That's great! From just following along I know you're always very good about what is going in and why it's going into your body.

I just remember how miserable I was in my own skin. I never wanted to go anywhere because I never wanted to be seen in public, it was an awful feeling. And then I think about how I am literally the only person in my family without diabetes and I watch my parents take 1000 different pills and have 10 different doctors and now they can't eat anything because of all their medical problems and I don't ever want to be in that situation.

I won't lie, there is always going to be some vanity to weight loss, but the true driver for me was being healthy.
Same, my motivation was being around for my son. I felt awful, couldn't walk up the stairs without being winded, it was awful. You are a huge help to this community and especially this thread.

Now you can go get your queso!

I did it! I finally hit my birthday goal! I wanted to be 115 by my birthday, I'm just over a month behind on reaching that, but that's ok, I finally did it! Next, and final goal is 110, I honestly don't really want to go much below that. 105 is pretty much the lowest I would go, and with working out, I am not sure that would be healthy, honestly. But my focus is truly less on the number on the scale and more on keeping the body fat low, which is something I am actively working on now. I know the areas I need to work on to make that happen, so now we see if I can do it. I enjoy these micro goals, I find them far more attainable than setting some lofty goal that seems impossible to get.

This is from yesterday, this morning was actually 114.6, it's all the same though, it's under 115!

View attachment 9117249

Congratulations!

Working through this with my wife - she is so far one week in and lost 4 pounds already for his official weigh in. It was over 5 pounds the day before, but she said she's doing it weekly and sending in.

Very proud of her - the quick start is giving her confidence to just stay the course. I'm still about the same, but for some reason a lot of the recipe's that I am looking at for us involve limes so I got a big thing of limes for the next week or two. Going to be fantastic!

Officially 42lbs since March 1st. Pedal to the floor until the Grandaddy!!!!!

I really have to find my way back into this thread more often. Fortunately, I’m not concerned about weight but. I feel that I need to address nutrition. I want to eat healthier. I’m going to start a food journal to see what I’m am eating and then I look to make changes.

I really have to find my way back into this thread more often. Fortunately, I’m not concerned about weight but. I feel that I need to address nutrition. I want to eat healthier. I’m going to start a food journal to see what I’m am eating and then I look to make changes.
I enjoyed My Fitness Pal - my wife is using something else (can't remember what it's called) but it is very helpful to know what you're eating and having a journal forces you to look, actually look, at what you're eating.

I enjoyed My Fitness Pal - my wife is using something else (can't remember what it's called) but it is very helpful to know what you're eating and having a journal forces you to look, actually look, at what you're eating.

I tend to eat better in the fall and winter as we spend more time cooking and eating home cooked meals. However, at this time. I need to get back on track.

I think I saw... 156.4 on my scale this morning. :oops:
I'm going to try to stop at 150. Anything lower and I think I'm going to seriously look unhealthy... but I'm liking the fact that my "dad bod" is gone.

These were on sale at Costco so I decided to give them a try. I've only had the sea salt one so far, which is crazy clean assuming you don't have an issue with corn (some people are super against it, I don' really care personally). The flavored ones aren't as clean, but still a decent crunchy snack, especially these ones which I really liked.

IMG_3011.jpeg IMG_3010.jpeg

These were on sale at Costco so I decided to give them a try. I've only had the sea salt one so far, which is crazy clean assuming you don't have an issue with corn (some people are super against it, I don' really care personally). The flavored ones aren't as clean, but still a decent crunchy snack, especially these ones which I really liked.

View attachment 9118474 View attachment 9118475
The spicy queso are good. They just go stale sooooo fast

Interesting, good to know. I have the small individual bags, so maybe that will help.
I noticed you got the individual bags I'll have to see if Sam's has them they always just have the huge bags. I can get through about half of it and then they go stale. I even put them in plastic containers like the oxo ones and still 🤦‍♂️

My weekend eating really needs some adjustments, I just give up on the weekends lately and it's showing. I gained 2.5lbs, that I assumed was water weight, but here we are at Thursday and it's still there, so those are likely real lbs from horrible decisions. I'm not giving up though, I will get to 110. I'm going to do a little food prepping today and I already had a great workout. So minor setback in the grand scheme of things.

My weekend eating really needs some adjustments, I just give up on the weekends lately and it's showing. I gained 2.5lbs, that I assumed was water weight, but here we are at Thursday and it's still there, so those are likely real lbs from horrible decisions. I'm not giving up though, I will get to 110. I'm going to do a little food prepping today and I already had a great workout. So minor setback in the grand scheme of things.
Celebrated your weight loss a little too much, probably had that queso you wanted. It happens. We had friends in town and I ate like crap, luckily or is it luckily, my stomach can't handle foods like pizza and fried foods well so my stomach revolts so I gained 0 pounds.

Celebrated your weight loss a little too much, probably had that queso you wanted. It happens. We had friends in town and I ate like crap, luckily or is it luckily, my stomach can't handle foods like pizza and fried foods well so my stomach revolts so I gained 0 pounds.

Ironically, I never did get that queso. But it was still just a weekend of gluttony.

This isn’t half bad. It has an interesting texture, reminds me of crème fresh a little with the texture.

View attachment 9119113
Oikos tipple 0 and two good both have that same texture. Wow thats only 50 calories thats even lower than the normal. Does it have that same thing the Chobani 0 sugar has?

Oikos tipple 0 and two good both have that same texture. Wow thats only 50 calories thats even lower than the normal. Does it have that same thing the Chobani 0 sugar has?

No, it has no allulose, and it has Lactase, so in theory it should be lactose free or at least more lactose friendly. It was lacking a little flavor, but not bad and I didn’t really get that bitter stevia after taste I sometimes get with stevia sweetened stuff.

On sale, I would get it again, but I wouldn’t pay full price for it.

I'm up 3 lbs. Time to grind again. Ever since we had friends in town my eating habits have gone to crap. Then friends of ours opened a burger place and had 40 percent off yesterday so we had that then the bakery next to them had sales so ate that. 🤬🤬🤬🤬 First real slip up in about 1.5 years so I can't be that mad but time to grind.

I started a simple dumbbell routine last week, it takes 10-15 mins every morning after I do my yoga and stretches. Started with no more than 10lbs last week to get my body adjusted and today started week two so I added a few exercises in, including renegade rows. Well something happened there and now my right shoulder is not good. I've done some light stretching to try and work things out but I'm pretty sure I tweaked something back there.

I started a simple dumbbell routine last week, it takes 10-15 mins every morning after I do my yoga and stretches. Started with no more than 10lbs last week to get my body adjusted and today started week two so I added a few exercises in, including renegade rows. Well something happened there and now my right shoulder is not good. I've done some light stretching to try and work things out but I'm pretty sure I tweaked something back there.
Hope you feel better, injuries suck

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back