2022 weight loss and nutrition thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I will say the IQ bar I had could stand to be just a tad sweeter but i did enjoy it. Maybe one of the fruit flavors would provide a bit more sweet. I’ve got an Amazon tab up now to figure out what flavor I want to order.

Rice crispy treat protein sounds good too I’ll keep an eye out for those as well.

None of the IQ bars will be super sweet, but it won’t have that texture/mouth feel you don’t like either. Whatever you do, DON’T get the Tone It Up Cookies, those are terrible. The bars aren’t bad, and I think you might like the texture.

I will say the IQ bar I had could stand to be just a tad sweeter but i did enjoy it. Maybe one of the fruit flavors would provide a bit more sweet. I’ve got an Amazon tab up now to figure out what flavor I want to order.

Rice crispy treat protein sounds good too I’ll keep an eye out for those as well.

I can’t remember, have you tried Power Crunch bars yet? Not the pro (those are true meal replacements) but the regular Power Crunch Bars? They aren’t plant based, but the texture is different because it’s a wafer. We always have those in the house. S’mores is their worst flavor, not bad, just not as good as the others.

Haven't eaten great last 2 days. Haven't gained so that's good back to strict tomorrow

I can’t remember, have you tried Power Crunch bars yet? Not the pro (those are true meal replacements) but the regular Power Crunch Bars? They aren’t plant based, but the texture is different because it’s a wafer. We always have those in the house. S’mores is their worst flavor, not bad, just not as good as the others.

Have you tried the chunky peanut butter think thin bars? They're like 20g of protein and 240 calories.

No I haven't found those yet. I thought I did but confused it with the Robert Irvine Fit Crunch bar (which was awful btw).

No I haven't found those yet. I thought I did but confused it with the Robert Irvine Fit Crunch bar (which was awful btw).

They sell them everywhere, Walmart, Target, Grocery stores here is a link to see what they look like https://powercrunch.com/

The wafer texture is a nice change, but I wonder if you get the mouth feel that you don’t like. If you do try them, I am curious your feedback.

They sell them everywhere, Walmart, Target, Grocery stores here is a link to see what they look like https://powercrunch.com/
Hmm.. Wild Berry, Vanilla Creme and Strawberry sound interesting. I've got to stop by Target tomorrow for a few things before work so I'll see if I can find a box of non-smores. They definitely don't have them at Kroger where I do my grocery shopping.

Hmm.. Wild Berry, Vanilla Creme and Strawberry sound interesting. I've got to stop by Target tomorrow for a few things before work so I'll see if I can find a box of non-smores. They definitely don't have them at Kroger where I do my grocery shopping.

I was wondering about Kroger, I know they have them at Publix, but I wasn’t sure about Kroger. They definitely have them at Target and Walmart. The Wild Berry is the best, but so hard to find in stores, at least here. But the other flavors are always available.

Work shipped everyone a smart scale. This could either be good or bad now that I’ll have reminders to weigh myself and all the data at my fingertips.

Work shipped everyone a smart scale. This could either be good or bad now that I’ll have reminders to weigh myself and all the data at my fingertips.
I love my smart scale. I have a Withings Body+ and it gives me BMI, Body fat, Body water, Bone mass, muscle mass, and of course weight. I'm kinda a data nerd though so I may enjoy having those metrics saved right on my phone more than most. Only issue I have with it is it doesn't like staying connected to my WiFi so that can be a pain at times. Hope you enjoy yours!

I love my smart scale. I have a Withings Body+ and it gives me BMI, Body fat, Body water, Bone mass, muscle mass, and of course weight. I'm kinda a data nerd though so I may enjoy having those metrics saved right on my phone more than most. Only issue I have with it is it doesn't like staying connected to my WiFi so that can be a pain at times. Hope you enjoy yours!
I haven’t dug into specifics of the data, but my guess it won’t be as intense as what is provided by the Withings. I might be disappointed.

I stay away from sugar alcohols. The Think Thin bars taste good, but I don’t do well with sugar alcohols.

That sucks but I get it. Better to know your body though and what works for you and disagrees just the same!

My wife bought one for us a couple of days ago but I haven’t taken the time to go through everything it does.

I was wondering about Kroger, I know they have them at Publix, but I wasn’t sure about Kroger. They definitely have them at Target and Walmart. The Wild Berry is the best, but so hard to find in stores, at least here. But the other flavors are always available.
I just looked at the King Soopers/Kroger app and the store near me has them 🤷‍♂️ Will definitely have to try them out

I hate cold weather. When it’s cold, I want to eat food that isn’t conducive to good nutrition and calorie cutting. C’mon heat!

The wafer texture is a nice change, but I wonder if you get the mouth feel that you don’t like. If you do try them, I am curious your feedback.
I’m at target and unfortunately don’t see the Power Crunch wafers here. 😔

They have like 17 different varieties of Think! bars tho lol. And Luna, Lara, and kind. Gonna to see about Walmart before I just do Amazon

Good Gosh, it's nice to put on clothes that fit "Comfortably" instead of "Snug"
The work is paying off!

I’m at target and unfortunately don’t see the Power Crunch wafers here. 😔

They have like 17 different varieties of Think! bars tho lol. And Luna, Lara, and kind. Gonna to see about Walmart before I just do Amazon

Are you by the protein powders and stuff or just the granola bars near cereal? It would be near protein powder, but it’s possible your target just doesn’t have them. That’s where the tone it up bars will be too. Walmart definitely will.

well my doctor and the boss (wife) told me that i have to lose weight. so it begins for me. i am not going to go crazy but need to cut back on the obvious sugar and bread....which will be tough since i love my coffee sweet and man i love pizza.

currently i weigh 251. i would really like to get down to under 200 by years end, that's very do'able with some changes and a decent exercise program. lucky for me my brother in-law is an exercise guy and has hooked me up with a beginning program to get me started.

good luck all on attaining your goals.......LET'S DO THIS....LOL

Score!
0CD2994E-745E-4253-AF99-B0A59ECF3086.jpeg
Woohoo! I feel like I’ve won a scavenger hunt 🤣

Score!
View attachment 9063203
Woohoo! I feel like I’ve won a scavenger hunt 🤣

Haha, victory! Now, I hope you like them. If you do, their red velvet cake flavor is great and their wild berry is also really good, but you will have to order those online. I recommend Netrition, they usually have the best price.

I hate cold weather. When it’s cold, I want to eat food that isn’t conducive to good nutrition and calorie cutting. C’mon heat!

Thankfully you don’t live here. 😂

If y’all haven’t cooked using wonton wrappers, I highly recommend it. I have done a bunch of different recipes. Today I did a super easy taco one.

It’s silly easy, you just cook up 1lb of ground meat (I used turkey) with 1/2 an onion, chopped. Add the taco seasoning (store bought or your own). Spray a muffin tin with non-stick cooking spray and then put 2 wonton wrappers in each muffin cup. Fill with the taco meat and cook at 350 for 15-18 minutes. Then just add your toppings and enjoy. I added a squeeze of lime, fresh chopped cilantro, a tiny bit of salsa, guacamole and sour cream. Each one is only 98 calories.

I do this with buffalo chicken, asian style with ground turkey and asian flavors, lasagna, you can do it like a hamburger with ground meat, hamburger seasoning, chopped up pickles and cheese, the options are endless. And they always reheat well.

For just a couple days I'm now down into the 250s for weight. I've just been cutting out a few unnecessary calories each day. It's both easier and more difficult working from home a lot, recently due to COVID. Work gives me a lot of pre-made and healthy dietician approved options while home does not. However I can have my own low cal snacks at home and not worry as much about eating during meal periods only and I can eat when I want the quantity that I want.

Started in mid 260s last couple days 259, putting that as losing about one pound a week I consider that just fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back