2022 weight loss and nutrition thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
For just a couple days I'm now down into the 250s for weight. I've just been cutting out a few unnecessary calories each day. It's both easier and more difficult working from home a lot, recently due to COVID. Work gives me a lot of pre-made and healthy dietician approved options while home does not. However I can have my own low cal snacks at home and not worry as much about eating during meal periods only and I can eat when I want the quantity that I want.

Started in mid 260s last couple days 259, putting that as losing about one pound a week I consider that just fine.
That's awesome. I'm glad you found something that works.

For just a couple days I'm now down into the 250s for weight. I've just been cutting out a few unnecessary calories each day. It's both easier and more difficult working from home a lot, recently due to COVID. Work gives me a lot of pre-made and healthy dietician approved options while home does not. However I can have my own low cal snacks at home and not worry as much about eating during meal periods only and I can eat when I want the quantity that I want.

Started in mid 260s last couple days 259, putting that as losing about one pound a week I consider that just fine.
Great job on your journey! I have found that it's so much easier for me to not snack when I'm working from the office. Maybe it's the fact that I would need to walk quite a distance to get to the snack area rather than just 10 steps out of my home office to the fridge. When I'm in the office I tend not even think about snacks. Polar opposite when I'm working from home.

There are many reasons I'd rather be in the office and this one got added to the list.

Great job on your journey! I have found that it's so much easier for me to not snack when I'm working from the office. Maybe it's the fact that I would need to walk quite a distance to get to the snack area rather than just 10 steps out of my home office to the fridge. When I'm in the office I tend not even think about snacks. Polar opposite when I'm working from home.

There are many reasons I'd rather be in the office and this one got added to the list.
I agree. The cafeteria is probably more than 1/4 mile away of a walk so it's a good few minutes to get there from my office. We have snacks that are accessible inside the office but most are either candy or chocolate, one I don't like one I have food allergies towards. So much walking just to get something when I'm busy it's not worth it.

The current snacks in home are pretzels and fruit. I've been staying away from the bars recently but they are absolutely my go-to when I'm on the run. I have a bad feeling I will fall back into that trap though when I go back full time to the office so I'm trying to train that habit out of myself right now.

My weight loss in 2021 was accelerated a bit after getting Covid around Labor Day. Prior to that we started a modified keto diet but that was easy as we’ve always eaten pretty clean but cutting out sugar and carbs was the toughest. Throw intermittent fasting and my wife and I were on our way to hitting our goal weight.
Right now I’m sitting at 175lbs from 191 in the summer of 2021. The goal is to maintain while using my rower, stretched and push ups. I think I can get to 185 and feel good but I’m happy where I’m at. As for diet it’s much if the same, eat clean, very little fast food or processed food, and intermittent fasting. I will add I never realized how much drinking water helps.

At my heaviest I was 248 so at my current weight I cannot believe I didn’t try to do this sooner. I’m 47 and not getting any younger so I’m happy I’ve found something that works and I can maintain with my schedule.

Great work, everyone! I’m proud of you.

I broke my plateau with a small loss this morning. I’m happy!

Onward and downward.

It's amazing what happens to your body when you cut out pop. I haven't had one in a few days and I just feel different. Not as bloated and just better. Have a wonderful Friday everyone!!

Oh wow!!!
264A7CEE-C5C8-4E47-8F5D-3570BD33A34F.jpeg
PowerCrunch wafer bars are aauhh-mazing!!! This is exactly what I’ve been looking for in a protein bar. Slightly sweet, no thick mouth feel, and 14g of protein. @GolferGal you are awesome!!

Oh wow!!!
View attachment 9063445
PowerCrunch wafer bars are aauhh-mazing!!! This is exactly what I’ve been looking for in a protein bar. Slightly sweet, no thick mouth feel, and 14g of protein. @GolferGal you are awesome!!

Yay!!! So glad you like them! I had a feeling you would, and the texture is SO much better than your typical chewy protein bar.

For anyone looking for a great snack between meals this has been my go to and I really like it.

Chocolate Keto Granola | 2g Net Carb Snack | Low Carb Nut Cereal | Healthy Artisanal Food, 11 Ounces (Pack of 6)

Yay!!! So glad you like them! I had a feeling you would, and the texture is SO much better than your typical chewy protein bar.
I feel like I found a hack. If I close my eyes it almost feels like I’m eating a flavored KitKat 🤣

Oh wow!!!
View attachment 9063445
Lower in carbs too, and not filled to the brim with sugar alcohols.
Check out peanut and chocolate and wild berry. Both are very good.

My diet has been decent, and I've been hitting the gym and doing cardio 6+ days a week, but I'm at a plateau after losing a few of the 12 lbs on my way to my goal weight of 180 pounds. I don't get enough sustained activity/exercise hours with winter here. Snowmobiling with a stop for a beer and a burger on the way home strangely isn't a solid calorie-burning substitute for walking 18+ holes four days a week. I might have to wait until April to hit my goal. :)

Lower in carbs too, and not filled to the brim with sugar alcohols.
Check out peanut and chocolate and wild berry. Both are very good.
Ooooo… chocolate and pb and I might not even need to close my eyes to think I’m eating a KitKat or Reese’s sticks.

My weight loss in 2021 was accelerated a bit after getting Covid around Labor Day. Prior to that we started a modified keto diet but that was easy as we’ve always eaten pretty clean but cutting out sugar and carbs was the toughest. Throw intermittent fasting and my wife and I were on our way to hitting our goal weight.
Right now I’m sitting at 175lbs from 191 in the summer of 2021. The goal is to maintain while using my rower, stretched and push ups. I think I can get to 185 and feel good but I’m happy where I’m at. As for diet it’s much if the same, eat clean, very little fast food or processed food, and intermittent fasting. I will add I never realized how much drinking water helps.

At my heaviest I was 248 so at my current weight I cannot believe I didn’t try to do this sooner. I’m 47 and not getting any younger so I’m happy I’ve found something that works and I can maintain with my schedule.
How do you like the rower? Which model? Does it have enough resistance for you? I need deets. 😁

How do you like the rower? Which model? Does it have enough resistance for you? I need deets. 😁

this one and we love it. Plenty of resistance and gives me the workout I need
Concept2 Model D Indoor Rowing Machine with PM5 Performance Monitor

If y’all haven’t cooked using wonton wrappers, I highly recommend it. I have done a bunch of different recipes. Today I did a super easy taco one.

It’s silly easy, you just cook up 1lb of ground meat (I used turkey) with 1/2 an onion, chopped. Add the taco seasoning (store bought or your own). Spray a muffin tin with non-stick cooking spray and then put 2 wonton wrappers in each muffin cup. Fill with the taco meat and cook at 350 for 15-18 minutes. Then just add your toppings and enjoy. I added a squeeze of lime, fresh chopped cilantro, a tiny bit of salsa, guacamole and sour cream. Each one is only 98 calories.

I do this with buffalo chicken, asian style with ground turkey and asian flavors, lasagna, you can do it like a hamburger with ground meat, hamburger seasoning, chopped up pickles and cheese, the options are endless. And they always reheat well.
Can you show a picture of how you layout the wonton wrappers in the muffin tin??
I've never used them but this sounds very intriguing & like I need to add them to my grocery list.

Oh wow!!!
View attachment 9063445

I tried those upon GG's rec last year. I need to get back to them because the ones I tried were very good.

For anyone looking for a great snack between meals this has been my go to and I really like it.

Chocolate Keto Granola | 2g Net Carb Snack | Low Carb Nut Cereal | Healthy Artisanal Food, 11 Ounces (Pack of 6)

Those look good but every flavor I clicked on at the link was "currently available." My search continues.

Kind of fell of the wagon a bit this week with work. Time to refocus and get back to it. I have a goal in mind that I need to achieve, but it will take one step at a time.

If y’all haven’t cooked using wonton wrappers, I highly recommend it. I have done a bunch of different recipes. Today I did a super easy taco one.

It’s silly easy, you just cook up 1lb of ground meat (I used turkey) with 1/2 an onion, chopped. Add the taco seasoning (store bought or your own). Spray a muffin tin with non-stick cooking spray and then put 2 wonton wrappers in each muffin cup. Fill with the taco meat and cook at 350 for 15-18 minutes. Then just add your toppings and enjoy. I added a squeeze of lime, fresh chopped cilantro, a tiny bit of salsa, guacamole and sour cream. Each one is only 98 calories.

I do this with buffalo chicken, asian style with ground turkey and asian flavors, lasagna, you can do it like a hamburger with ground meat, hamburger seasoning, chopped up pickles and cheese, the options are endless. And they always reheat well.
I'm going to give those a try soon. Sounds great.

My diet has been decent, and I've been hitting the gym and doing cardio 6+ days a week, but I'm at a plateau after losing a few of the 12 lbs on my way to my goal weight of 180 pounds. I don't get enough sustained activity/exercise hours with winter here. Snowmobiling with a stop for a beer and a burger on the way home strangely isn't a solid calorie-burning substitute for walking 18+ holes four days a week. I might have to wait until April to hit my goal. :)

I'm finding it difficult to do cardio. I enjoy running, but will not, for safety reasons, run outside in the winter. Also, I'm currently not comfortable with going to the gym. Hopefully, by March, with increased daylight and warmer weather, I'll be able to run outside.

toughest thing for me is just getting started exercising. i don't really like exercising but i know it is the best way, along with a healthy diet, to lose weight.

kids are funny, they have no filter. my daughter use to pat my tummy and say: "you have a big tummy daddy"....not really funny but funny :ROFLMAO:

I'm finding it difficult to do cardio. I enjoy running, but will not, for safety reasons, run outside in the winter. Also, I'm currently not comfortable with going to the gym. Hopefully, by March, with increased daylight and warmer weather, I'll be able to run outside.

We have a treadmill and Peloton at home so I have no excuses other than I hate running on a treadmill and my tolerance for being on a bike indoors is only about 30 minutes. My weight drops quickly once the warmer weather gets here and I can be outside most of the day instead of being inside and hitting the snack drawer out of boredom. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back