2022 XXIO Golf Club

fairwaynut

Bettinardi Aficionado
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
SingleMalt
I've become very interested in the line of golf clubs from XXIO this year and am looking for some opinions from people who have used XXIO clubs in the past and using them now. I'm especially interested in the XXIO 12 line with the lighter clubs for moderate swing speeds. So, very interested to hear your thoughts on the line and these clubs.

Interesting reading on both the article and the thread, still would really like to see some opinions from some users of the clubs, hopefully that will happen. BTW, great article on the XXIO 12 line, ddec. ;)

Interesting reading on both the article and the thread, still would really like to see some opinions from some users of the clubs, hopefully that will happen. BTW, great article on the XXIO 12 line, ddec. ;)
I know that both @Tenputt & I played the XXIO X Black irons and loved them. I had to go with a more traditional shaft flex profile to make them work for me, but you can’t beat how the XXIO fell. I think that the X Black is what the ZX5 would be if price point wasn’t an issue.

My weekend playing group is currently really into xxio woods and hybrid.
I played Xxio 11 driver and it’s one of the best driver I’ve played. I’ve experiment most 2020-2021 driver but never was comfortable with them. Maybe it’s light shaft with counter balance but it just out perform everything by far margin for me.
My playing partner is older than me bought xxio 12 3wood and 4H and he’s hitting it lights out. He is getting 5wood also.
For reference he was fitted last weekend for iron Mizuno 225 recoil 460 F1 that’s lady flex. Yes lady flex. He didn’t want face it but what he saw on screen. He can not deny it. He’s ordering 5-G this week.

He did tried xxio 12 iron but 2500rpm back spin was too low for him.

I tried xxio 12 and X driver at fitting and X gave me 1-2 mile faster swing speed and 5yd longer on average. I like 11 clean crown better. I think their woods and hybrids are great. Irons are not in our radars.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I know that both @Tenputt & I played the XXIO X Black irons and loved them. I had to go with a more traditional shaft flex profile to make them work for me, but you can’t beat how the XXIO fell. I think that the X Black is what the ZX5 would be if price point wasn’t an issue.
I have never compared the X Black and the ZX5 side to side, but I have had the same thought, although I do think that they are slightly different and that the XXIO leans a little more to the game improvement side on the spectrum. They are a good comparison, though.

I game a XXIO X 3 hybrid. My average carry is is 208 with it. Would love to demo the newer ones but haven't seen a dealer around me :(

Saw these in the GG store and the stock shafts and club are very light. Who is their target audience?

Saw these in the GG store and the stock shafts and club are very light. Who is their target audience?
I think that they are targeted to older golfers who have lost some speed, but still want to own premium performing and feeling equipment.

I'm still gaming the X (Black) driver; nothing I tried last year could knock it out of the bag. XXIO is having a demo day this afternoon at my club and I hope to get out and hit at least the new X driver with the adjustable hosel.

I'm still gaming the X (Black) driver; nothing I tried last year could knock it out of the bag. XXIO is having a demo day this afternoon at my club and I hope to get out and hit at least the new X driver with the adjustable hosel.

what do you like about it? It seems like it is very light.

They do feel light (and stark difference for me as I have usually preferred a heavier feel). But when I put a nice swing (i.e. not crazy aggressive), the distance is great (my longest drives in the past few years--somehow my swing speed and ball speed are better with the XXIO) and my dispersion was best compared to other drivers I tried (including the 'ultra' forgiving Ping G425).

I hit the new version great on the range yesterday; love the adjustable hosel and I was able to use a 10.5 head but turn it down to 9 and open the face a bit. Looks like I'm upgrading. :)

I forgot to ask the rep yesterday, and I know the adjustable hosel is new for XXIO, but does anyone know if adapters are available to purchase?

Been tempted to sell my ZX5s and go with the new X Irons. Looking for a lil more forgiveness and wish to add a few yards. Plus I enjoy a soft forged feel...
Not crazy about the shafts so would take my Catalyst and reshaft the XXIOs'.

Been tempted to sell my ZX5s and go with the new X Irons. Looking for a lil more forgiveness and wish to add a few yards. Plus I enjoy a soft forged feel...
Not crazy about the shafts so would take my Catalyst and reshaft the XXIOs'.
That’s a great plan.

I just bought the XXIO 12 hybrids and they are easy to play and fly very good distances. XXIO is all about playability and they are extremely popular in Asia. If you are not too concerned with their slightly large footprint (irons) - you will find them easy to play and excellent for distance.

I hit the new black X 7 iron at the XXIO demo day and really liked it…..I wonder if it’s worth the difference in price compared to the Srixon ZX4s….

Hello @Audioclyde
IMHO they are two different irons. I played the ZX4's and now have ZX5's and plan on going to the X irons.
The X is more like a ZX4.75. Its the same length and sole of the ZX5 but just taller so a larger face. The ZX4 is in another category.
Also the X is a tad more forgiving and you may get a few more yards over the ZX5, plus a little softer. Again these are my thoughts.
@JB may chime in to help. Stay safe and hit them straight!

Thanks Landry! That helps a lot. I’m leaning to the X.

I ordered my X’s yesterday directly from XXIO
5 to AW. Will reshaft them with my Catalyst shafts.
Going to list my ZX5 with Nippons once they arrive
Good luck

Did they give you an estimated shipping date? Considering ordering directly as well. If I decide I don’t like the Neo shaft, figured I’d try my Accra isteel shafts in them….

Back