2023 Better You Fitness Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I expect a very busy gym tonight. The Monday after Thanksgiving.

Work out and run completed this morning. Need to stay healthy and not stagnate the next week.

Stoked to get back to the gym after Saturday and Sunday off.

Super happy with hitting my cardio goals last week even with the Holiday. Making progress and saw the scale drop a few lbs today from last Monday as well.

Shoulders and arms today. PR in seated press and seated dip (since I started lifting again not all time).

Tomorrow… I will not enjoy :(

Was waiting for the seated cable machine tonight, and finally just got fed up.

Kid was using it for single arm cable rows. No big deal. Left arm, 10 reps. 2 minute break to scroll tik tok. Right arm, 10 reps, 2 minute break to scroll tik tok. After his second set, and me sitting waiting, I tapped him and said I was going to work in sets with him. He didnt know what that means, so I explained it him, politely.

He huffed and walked away. Oh well.

Active recovery day cardio.

30 minutes of MICT on the rower, split into three ten-minute sessions throughout the day: 6264 meters. 2:22.7 Avg. Pace. Avg. Watts: 124. HR: 125 BPM Avg., 140 Max.

After his second set, and me sitting waiting, I tapped him and said I was going to work in sets with him. He didnt know what that means, so I explained it him, politely.

Some peoples' kids
shake.gif

One time at Life Time Fitness there was a guy about my age monopolizing the very last machine of my program for that day. Waited for him for a bit. Finally, when he started another rest, I asked "Mind if I work in?" "Yeah, I do," he replied.

Oh well 🤷‍♂️

Some peoples' kids
shake.gif

One time at Life Time Fitness there was a guy about my age monopolizing the very last machine of my program for that day. Waited for him for a bit. Finally, when he started another rest, I asked "Mind if I work in?" "Yeah, I do," he replied.

Oh well 🤷‍♂️
Just frustrating. Smh.

Was waiting for the seated cable machine tonight, and finally just got fed up.

Kid was using it for single arm cable rows. No big deal. Left arm, 10 reps. 2 minute break to scroll tik tok. Right arm, 10 reps, 2 minute break to scroll tik tok. After his second set, and me sitting waiting, I tapped him and said I was going to work in sets with him. He didnt know what that means, so I explained it him, politely.

That’s where you crop dust and linger there with it. Establish dominance.

That’s where you crop dust and linger there with it. Establish dominance.
I double scooped the pre, the end of my work day was hectic and I just wanted to go home.

I wasnt thinking clearly, I just didnt want to wait in between lifts. I'll store this in the memory bank, for future reference. That would have be fantastic. LMAO.

I double scooped the pre, the end of my work day was hectic and I just wanted to go home.

I wasnt thinking clearly, I just didnt want to wait in between lifts. I'll store this in the memory bank, for future reference. That would have be fantastic. LMAO.
I had the same issue yesterday. Gym was busy on the exact things I wanted to do, it took 8min for one of the spots to open up. After that it was fine, but I felt like an idiot walking all over trying to find something that was unoccupied.

Shoutout to the stupid teenager who put his stuff down on one spot, to then work out with his buddy in the spot next to it. Brroooo come on man….

I had the same issue yesterday. Gym was busy on the exact things I wanted to do, it took 8min for one of the spots to open up. After that it was fine, but I felt like an idiot walking all over trying to find something that was unoccupied.

Shoutout to the stupid teenager who put his stuff down on one spot, to then work out with his buddy in the spot next to it. Brroooo come on man….
LA Fitness has multiple of everything, except the damn seated cable row machine. And someone is always on it, and I dont like alternating movements.

I’m lucky my gym has multiples of everything and different types of the same movements.

LA Fitness has multiple of everything, except the damn seated cable row machine. And someone is always on it, and I dont like alternating movements.
Eos has.. 4, 8 if you do all single arm stuff. How they all can be booked up is beyond me.

I’m lucky my gym has multiples of everything and different types of the same movements.
It's weird, this is the only machine that there is 1 of.

Eos has.. 4, 8 if you do all single arm stuff. How they all can be booked up is beyond me.
I was later than my normal time, so I could have hit Eos and it would have been manageable.

I was later than my normal time, so I could have hit Eos and it would have been manageable.
The envy is real. 10-10? Always slammed. It’s absurd.

At least the scenery is enjoyable, so there is that.

I completely forgot Eos has those on every cable machine dont they? LA Fitness cable machines dont have the seated row. Only the stand alone single bench by itself cable row.

The envy is real. 10-10? Always slammed. It’s absurd.

At least the scenery is enjoyable, so there is that.
May have to give Eos some love this week. Leg day is typically at Eos because the leg machines and racks are 3x what LA has.

I completely forgot Eos has those on every cable machine dont they? LA Fitness cable machines dont have the seated row. Only the stand alone single bench by itself cable row.
Oh, I didn’t even think about the seated row stuff. We have… 3 of those? Definitely 2, but I think 3. Oh wait, I forgot about two more spots that are cable based for push downs and the like.

Alright we have a few more than I thought, but they were all booked up and it was stupid.

May have to give Eos some love this week. Leg day is typically at Eos because the leg machines and racks are 3x what LA has.
They do have a few leg apparatus’. Plus a tire or a sled push if you’re really just in absolute hatred mode.

They do have a few leg apparatus’. Plus a tire or a sled push if you’re really just in absolute hatred mode.
LA has the Tires, sled and rope as well. Not as good as functional fitness area as Eos, but the old peeps dont ever use that area. So I will flip tires for a bit without issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back