2023 Better You Fitness Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
LA has the Tires, sled and rope as well. Not as good as functional fitness area as Eos, but the old peeps dont ever use that area. So I will flip tires for a bit without issue.
I hate flippies. By the end you’re just so over it

I hate flippies. By the end you’re just so over it
Yep, I'm always, I'm going to go down and back 8x. After 3x, see ya next time.

Finally getting back into the gym. Took the week off last week, well I worked out Monday and Tuesday but not the rest of the week. Was planning to get back at it yesterday but there was just no time, I was swamped from the minute I woke up until dinner time, I didn't even eat until dinner yesterday because I was so busy I honestly just forgot to eat.

Anyway, back at it today and cannot wait! I have my week of workouts planned out, and will make up yesterday's missed workout this weekend.

Finally getting back into the gym. Took the week off last week, well I worked out Monday and Tuesday but not the rest of the week. Was planning to get back at it yesterday but there was just no time, I was swamped from the minute I woke up until dinner time, I didn't even eat until dinner yesterday because I was so busy I honestly just forgot to eat.

Anyway, back at it today and cannot wait! I have my week of workouts planned out, and will make up yesterday's missed workout this weekend.
Time off is always much needed, and I think most of us forget how beneficial it is to let ourselves recover. I am so guilty of trying to 7 days a week, so now I have cut back to 5 and have really seen better results vs 7 days a week.

Brought the gear on the trip with me but no way I’m running in those temps.

Time off is always much needed, and I think most of us forget how beneficial it is to let ourselves recover. I am so guilty of trying to 7 days a week, so now I have cut back to 5 and have really seen better results vs 7 days a week.
I completely agree, time off is so important. I wish my eating wasn't as bas as it was, but such is life and back on track. Oh yeah, 7 days a week is so bad, at most I will do 6 and that 6th day is just cardio. I learned a while ago that my body needs rest, especially with my back issues.
Brought the gear on the trip with me but no way I’m running in those temps.
I can't eve imagine how cold is must be there, I looked up temps from where we used to live in Nashville and the high is only 39, current temp is 29, no thank you!

I can't eve imagine how cold is must be there, I looked up temps from where we used to live in Nashville and the high is only 39, current temp is 29, no thank you!
The 20’s. Thank goodness I will be in meetings inside most of the time.

Let's be honest, you are doing enough running inside that head of yours about the Grandaddy to keep that HR up...

Let's be honest, you are doing enough running inside that head of yours about the Grandaddy to keep that HR up...
hamster GIF

You can say that but I have to make sure I fit into something. 😂😂😂

Shoutout to the stupid teenager who put his stuff down on one spot, to then work out with his buddy in the spot next to it. Brroooo come on man….
That's when you pointedly ask "Are you using this?"

I’m lucky my gym has multiples of everything and different types of the same movements.
That was the one downside to my last gym: It pretty much had only one each of everything except cardio equipment.

I suspect that was one of the things that did them no favors. They could've done-away with 1/3 to 1/2 of their cardio equipment to make room for more weight equipment. I don't think I ever saw more than about 1/4 to 1/3 of it in-use at any given time.

You'll be fine. If you need to, just stand outside for a while - you'll shiver off a lot of calories that way too.
that does sound like an option but I may resort to the treadmill.

I’m not saying I did leg day, because I would never.

But if I did, I would say dear god what did I just do to my hamstrings

sad crying GIF

sad crying GIF
I have leg day twice this week. Tomorrow and Saturday. Im soooo looking forward to it.

sad crying GIF
Learn to love leg day

I have leg day twice this week. Tomorrow and Saturday. Im soooo looking forward to it.
I do 2 times a week too. Plus they get hit during HIIT

I do 2 times a week too. Plus they get hit during HIIT
Yeah, Friday has some HIIT that hits the lower body pretty good, which makes Saturday that much more difficult.

That’s where you crop dust and linger there with it. Establish dominance.
Was telling my daughter this story this morning on the way to the bus stop, and then told her your solution. Didnt dawn on me that my daughter (13, 7th grade) didnt know what this practice was, or even what a crop duster plane was. So I tried explaining to her what it was, without luck, Pulled up a YouTube video of an actual crop dusting plane, and then described everything else.

Then I realized a few things;
1. Father of the year teaching his daughter what crop dusting is (both forms)
2. What the hell are 7th grade boys doing these days if they arent crop dusting classrooms?

Trainer wants to mix it up a bit. A lot of high rep, low weight stuff. One’s definition of failure seems to be up to interpretation however

Was telling my daughter this story this morning on the way to the bus stop, and then told her your solution. Didnt dawn on me that my daughter (13, 7th grade) didnt know what this practice was, or even what a crop duster plane was. So I tried explaining to her what it was, without luck, Pulled up a YouTube video of an actual crop dusting plane, and then described everything else.

Then I realized a few things;
1. Father of the year teaching his daughter what crop dusting is (both forms)
2. What the hell are 7th grade boys doing these days if they arent crop dusting classrooms?
Probably doing things that make you feel maybe corporal punishment wasn’t always a bad thing.

well, i still ate like a moron. and being out of the gym wed-sun made yesterday's workout pretty freaking hard. but i did it. sore today, don't hate that. back at it this afternoon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back