2023 Better You Fitness Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Then I realized a few things;
1. Father of the year teaching his daughter what crop dusting is (both forms)
I had never heard of the term "crop dusting" used in the slang sense. I have learned something new today :ROFLMAO:

I had never heard of the term "crop dusting" used in the slang sense. I have learned something new today :ROFLMAO:
You’re welcome. Comes from the @MWard book of acceptable gym warfare.

Today:

Squat: 100x5x3
Bench: 100x5x3
Penlay Row: 95x8x3
Reverse Fly: 20x10x2, 22.5x10x1
Calf Raise/Skullcrusher Superset: 95x15x2/55x10x2
Barbell Hip Thrust: 45x10, 50x10

First time doing squats with squat wedges. I think I felt the squats in my quads more with them. Did the Pendlay Rows with Fat Gripz on the bar to hit the forearms a bit harder. Dunno if I'm going to continue with the Barbell Hip Thrusts. Getting under and out from under the bar is exceedingly awkward. Never mind the bench doesn't want to stay put.

Leg day yay. Heavy squats, deadlifts, presses and accessory stuff.

Our company's RTO policy is a steaming pile of crap, but I will say that having an almost brand-new onsite gym has made the transition a lot easier.

Well, I can definitely tell yesterday was my first workout in a week, I am a tad bit sore. Yesterday was an anterior split workout so today will be posterior split, might as well make sure the whole body is equally sore haha.

Well, I can definitely tell yesterday was my first workout in a week, I am a tad bit sore. Yesterday was an anterior split workout so today will be posterior split, might as well make sure the whole body is equally sore haha.
Is there a bigger disruption to fitness and diet than Thanksgiving? I really can't think of one.

I don’t think so, because even on vacation you are usually active and walking a lot.
Exactly. I have already planned out my workout days on vacation, but just wrote off Wed-Mon.

I know everybody has their thing, but I tend to like guided workouts. I think some of that came from using Peloton for a couple years. Anyway, I wanted to say that, despite my initial doubts, Apple Fitness+ is pretty dang good. I like that it's not so intrinsically tied to equipment purchases like Peloton and the instructors are decent.

Back from vacation and back on the bike this morning. No weights since I will be hitting the range at lunch time and will do some speed training with the swing in the afternoon.

The good news is that after weeks of working on things, and the medication, my blood pressure is back to normal. Nothing like high blood pressure to stress you out to cause higher blood pressure...

Is there a bigger disruption to fitness and diet than Thanksgiving? I really can't think of one.
Travel in general, depending where you go etc. Thanksgiving wasn’t bad for me so I can’t really vouch on that.

You and @War Eagle would be happy.. I can actively feel my hamstrings and glute muscles. I can move down stairs and sit down and stuff, but add the little cold front we have going on and I am not a fan of this.

You and @War Eagle would be happy.. I can actively feel my hamstrings and glute muscles. I can move down stairs and sit down and stuff, but add the little cold front we have going on and I am not a fan of this.
It was feels like 36 just now when I walked Arrow, it's so cold! I had on pants, a workout top, a long sleeve top over that and a hoodie over that, plus a beanie and gloves and my legs were still freezing. I should have put pants on over my pants hahaha.

It was feels like 36 just now when I walked Arrow, it's so cold! I had on pants, a workout top, a long sleeve top over that and a hoodie over that, plus a beanie and gloves and my legs were still freezing. I should have put pants on over my pants hahaha.
I didnt know what to do with myself after walking the dogs this morning, because it was like 43*, so, now I am at work wearing layers.

Glad you are regaining the use of your lower half.

Leg day today, which I love. What I dont love is... tomorrow morning after leg day.

I took kiddo to school in a t shirt and shorts, with flippies. Turned the car on first so it was warm, including the seat, and had minimal issue outside of the seats not being 100% warm yet.

Glad you are regaining the use of your lower half.

Leg day today, which I love. What I dont love is... tomorrow morning after leg day.
It’s day two you gotta worry about

Christmas Eve through New Year's Day?

The whole month of November for me. Thanksgiving, Anniversary, and three birthdays.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back